Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

OK Fresno, who's your coach??

I just saw the list from the Fresno Bee posted on Ramnation by RamNavy and I have no idea how legit or complete it is, but it's no slouch.

4 Interesting candidates for Fresno job

Fresno Bee reporting these 4 candidates for Fresno St job:
1. Jim McElwain.
2. Tim Skipper. ( former Ram Asst Coach)
3. Kalen DeBoer. ( Indiana OC)
4, Troy Taylor (Sac St)

I'd go with Skipper if it were me, but am interested in your take.

23 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Mac is only going to be there two years.  Tops.

Fans on the Sac St Hornet board think that Troy will be there until  Cal comes calling. Doubt it. I'm sure if Fresno calls he'll answer. Go there and leave as soon as a PAC 12 AD calls.

6 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I just saw the list from the Fresno Bee posted on Ramnation by RamNavy and I have no idea how legit or complete it is, but it's no slouch.

1. Jim McElwain.
4, Troy Taylor (Sac St)

Fresno will probably make a bad hire with someone that has no successful experience coaching G5. I can see it coming sadly. Mac would be the best of those 4, but there should be better options.

kat.jpg

I'm surprised there have been no rumblings of Pat Hill wanting to make a triumphant return to save the day. Back during the DeRuyter days there were some pretty big rumors that Hill was wanting to make a come back and take over the program like Bill Snyder at Kansas State or Chris Ault at Nevada. Now that the univeristy is investing more in football, we finally have money to pay our assistants decent salaries that Hill never got. I'm curious that with the added resources he could finally get us over the hump. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

10 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Mac is only going to be there two years.  Tops.

Which would be perfect!!!! That last two coaches had great years 1 (huge improvement in wins/ making a  bowl game) and 2 (win the MW champ game) and went downhill starting year 3 (losing seasons). Mac would get us to 8-4/9-3 next year and then we would be winning the MW champ game in 2021 lol.

59 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

I'm surprised there have been no rumblings of Pat Hill wanting to make a triumphant return to save the day. 

I would get Hill coming back in some capacity. I mean for one I think he would be a huge assets as an evaluator/recruiter. BUT I think it would take a failure buy our next coach (ie a few losing season with no hope for improvement) before people would be on board with Hill coming back as HC. I mean I know we were 4-8 this year but that was pretty much the absolutely worse case scenario. We went freakin 1-5 in games that came down to the wire and we were only blown out once (game at Air Force). We could be the best 4-8 team in the nation. So unless their is a max exodus of players (which is always possible with a coaching change) I fully expect a solid recovery season next year. 

2 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

I'm surprised there have been no rumblings of Pat Hill wanting to make a triumphant return to save the day. Back during the DeRuyter days there were some pretty big rumors that Hill was wanting to make a come back and take over the program like Bill Snyder at Kansas State or Chris Ault at Nevada. Now that the univeristy is investing more in football, we finally have money to pay our assistants decent salaries that Hill never got. I'm curious that with the added resources he could finally get us over the hump. 

the office no GIF

13 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Fans on the Sac St Hornet board think that Troy will be there until  Cal comes calling. Doubt it. I'm sure if Fresno calls he'll answer. Go there, “start to, and continue to, win”, and leave as soon as a PAC 12 AD calls.

FIFY.

Because no winning = no Pac12 AD calls.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

14 hours ago, Headbutt said:

1. Jim McElwain.
4, Troy Taylor (Sac St)

I don't think he's on this list.

Fresno, you missed your chance with Beau Baldwin.

https://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2019/12/9/21002905/cal-poly-mustangs-coach-california-golden-bears-offensive-coordinator-beau-baldwin

9 hours ago, kalua pig said:

cincy should coach the team.hire cuzzin maynard as the special teams coach.

Will you join the team as the strength and conditioning coach?

I can pay you in chickens.

1 hour ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

So let me get this straight. Baldwin leaves EWU to land a job half as good three years later? Something is not adding up with this situation.