Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Harsin calls out Thompson and MWC leadership.

45 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Love Harsin.  Best coach for Boise at this time, no doubt about it.

Skip to around 9:45.

He also implies that there is more the AD can be doing to support the program as well.  Love it.

Good.

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

He doesnt sound happy about this UW bowl pairing and definitely took shots at BSU and the MWC at not enough on the PR front. Eesh, the second round of commentary is more brutal. "Things need to change and it needs to happen now. Our League and our University need to be a part of it" Papa Bear is pissed! "If we want to settle, I dont want to be a part of that"

If Thompson wanted to be a jackass, he'd reply - "and what are you going to do about it?"

But as the voice of a conference it's more like, "Coach Harsin and Boise had a great season, and he is as frustrated as I am.  But we can all do more.  That being said, football in the Mountain West is in a strong position moving forward."  

My WAG at reading his mind

Thompson is worthless.  Harsin is right and unfortunately the presidents don't really give a damn about sports.  Otherwise they would have fired Hair's ass long ago.  The better the bowl the more prestige to the winner and it would reflect in the season ending polls.  Winning these toilet bowls that we have doesn't do squat, which is pretty much what Harsin meant.  

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He also implies that there is more the AD can be doing to support the program as well.  Love it.

Suddenly Harsin is one of my fave coaches. Now that he’s stuck his neck out, let’s see others follow his lead. 

There is no fvcking reason we should have bowls that are more like the MAC than the AAC. I know population matters, but this is unacceptable. I hate Aresco but at least his crybaby antics get some positive attention. At least he’s thinking out of the box with P6 gimmicks and things like that. 

You need two essential things:

#1 Excitement & Leadership: An aggressive commish that eats sleeps and lives his conference out in the open, goes to big cfb meetings and offers solutions to problems including out of the box solutions. Gets noticed doing it, gets respect for doing it.

#2 Intelligence & Creativity: Needs to be smart enough to see unique solutions that no one else or very few have seen. If he sees a great idea somewhere else, consider using it or making it better. Must be a natural at generating out of the box ideas.

HAIR is none of this. He has no balls down there, just hair balls.

kat.jpg

Lol...sour grapes and all.  Thompson talking like the jerky Aresco isn’t changing the committee’s ranking.  
SDSU, Wyoming, Fresno and Utah State didn’t help the MW.  The AAC had multiple 1 loss teams for quite awhile, the MW only had BSU. Had the MW had the same amount of teams with similar losses we would have multiple teams ranked by the only rankings that matter.  
I have no argument with Memphis, but it would be different if Cincinnati won.

Besides, it looks Thompson swung a deal so all MW went bowling which left Toledo out of the bowls.

My comment to this board would be, look what I have to work with.  Gimme something guys so I can put the conference in a better position.

Honestly I have more of a problem with Boise opponent in the bowl game than Memphis getting picked over Boise for the Cotton bowl.

I mean lets be honest Memphis had two wins over a ranked 10-3 Cincy and one over a ranked 9-2 Navy. There loss @Temple was similar (in terms of opponents quality)  as Boise's. 

Boise either needed to beat BYU OR have Air Force beat Navy (ie would mean AF would be ranked and Navy unranked) AND SDSU beat Hawaii. Boise could have made a much better case with a ranked 11-1 AF win on their sch and beating a ranked (or close to it) 10-2 SDSU in the champ game. 

But having the MW champ end up playing a 7-5 Pac-12 team in the bowl game freakin sucks. I mean our champ is going to be ranked most years and the years we DONT make the Access bowl it would be nice to get a little better than a middle of the road Pac-12 team. I know it is not gonna change but it still sucks that this is best the MW can do. 

11 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The incompetence of Hair is so clear to many, but for some reason the University presidents won't budge. Harsin has earned major points in my book and makes some great points. The one area he fell short was not mentioning the clearly declining play of the Western division. It's unacceptable to have such a large gulf between the SEC MTN and the Weak Western Division. The only program that's really doing anything in that division is SDSU, with Hawaii catching up slowly. Things need to change and fast, or the SEC MTN might break off and take SDSU with it to form a super conference with the best of the AAC. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

8 hours ago, slappy said:

A loss to byu really hurts programs chances to get a NY6 game.  Better off losing a MW game.  Worse than Temple

And yet if you're in a league that is constantly over hyped, you can lose to a team like South Carolina, who loses to Appalachian State, and STILL finish 5th overall, and make a NY6 bowl.

Things that make you go :hmmm:

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

The only other option Boise State has is to try and dominate teams. If the conference isn't going to promote the the league then what other choice is there, but to run up the score if you have the option to? Since it's a beauty contest most years who gets the NY6 Bowl invite it seems that is the most logical option. I think Thompson needs to be replaced by some one younger, who has a bit more energy, and fresh ideas instead "staying their records speak for themselves, I don't have to say anything". If more coaches like Harsin start to speak up then Thompson's days are numbered that is for sure. 

37 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

Honestly I have more of a problem with Boise opponent in the bowl game than Memphis getting picked over Boise for the Cotton bowl.

I mean lets be honest Memphis had two wins over a ranked 10-3 Cincy and one over a ranked 9-2 Navy. There loss @Temple was similar (in terms of opponents quality)  as Boise's. 

Boise either needed to beat BYU OR have Air Force beat Navy (ie would mean AF would be ranked and Navy unranked) AND SDSU beat Hawaii. Boise could have made a much better case with a ranked 11-1 AF win on their sch and beating a ranked (or close to it) 10-2 SDSU in the champ game. 

But having the MW champ end up playing a 7-5 Pac-12 team in the bowl game freakin sucks. I mean our champ is going to be ranked most years and the years we DONT make the Access bowl it would be nice to get a little better than a middle of the road Pac-12 team. I know it is not gonna change but it still sucks that this is best the MW can do. 

Well at least this year UW is the #5 PAC team and not #7.  But the PAC isn’t sending their better teams to a before Christmas bowl and one that is played in a crappy Sam Boyd Stadium.

We have to wait for details of the LA Bowl to come out.  If it’s played after Christmas then I think we come out better with the PAC pick....around #4/5 depending on if the PAC is in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

The only other option Boise State has is to try and dominate teams. If the conference isn't going to promote the the league then what other choice is there, but to run up the score if you have the option to? Since it's a beauty contest most years who gets the NY6 Bowl invite it seems that is the most logical option. I think Thompson needs to be replaced by some one younger, who has a bit more energy, and fresh ideas instead "staying their records speak for themselves, I don't have to say anything". If more coaches like Harsin start to speak up then Thompson's days are numbered that is for sure. 

The MW was being promoted and noticed at the beginning of the season beating 9 P5 teams.  Its just after that the schools lost in the other OOC games that should have been won.  Had the MW had better OOC record, we would be going to the Cotton Bowl. 

28 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

I don’t think anyone will feel sorry for Boise State.  When you insist on deals with partners that put yourself in an advantageous position with your peers, hmm nobody really cares.  Boise State should be promoting itself.  The AD and president failed.  Plain and simple.  

10 minutes ago, slappy said:

I don’t think anyone will feel sorry for Boise State.  When you insist on deals with partners that put yourself in an advantageous position with your peers, hmm nobody really cares.  Boise State should be promoting itself.  The AD and president failed.  Plain and simple.  

giphy.gif

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism