Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cougar King

NY6 bowl is a de-facto autobid for the AAC

22 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

If Navy had won the AAC title game the CFP chairman strongly implied they would have been taken over WMU.

Not really, since Western was ranked 15th and undefeated, and both Temple and Navy were way behind.  And Navy lost to Army.  But thats Cougar High math for you.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I watched some pretty good games yesterday involving Pac12/Big12/SEC, teams... the announcers kept referring to something called "the P5"... what a bunch of dummies! :hookah:

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

36 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

my team just did something I never thought I would see them do...I'm pretty freaking proud of my Tigers.

that said if Cincy had made the Cotton bowl same idea applies. You can't put all your eggs in one basket.

Memphis will knock off Penn State at the Cotton Bowl.

Cougars fight for Dear ol' UofH

For our alma mater cheer

Fight for Houston University

For victory is near

When the going get so rough and tough

We never worry, CAUSE WE GOT THE STUFF!

So fight! Fight! Fight for Red and White!

And we will go to victory!

25 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

Hey, just curious, but are AAC meetings the same as other twelve-step support meetings? When you want to speak, do you start out with, "Hi, I'm Cougar King, and I'm a complete azzhat..."?

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

the NY6 race was razor thin this season...had Memphis slipped up it would have gone to Boise, no doubt. MWC and AAC both had outstanding seasons and really separated themselves from CUSA/MAC/BELT imho

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 hours ago, bitteraztec said:

Are you under the impression that Nevada has replaced what Utah or TCU brought to this football conference.  Did you notice that I didn’t mention Fresno, Hawaii or Utah State?

Nevada and SDSU probably have the most similar basketball and football histories of any two schools in D1.

SDSU:

NCAA tournament record: 6-12

Basketball weeks in the AP Poll: 66

Bowl Record: 5-8

Football weeks in the AP Poll: 24

Nevada:

NCAA tournament record: 6-9

Basketball weeks in the AP Poll: 62

Bowl Record: 6-10

Football weeks in the AP Poll: 16

47 minutes ago, bigd said:

Nevada and SDSU probably have the most similar basketball and football histories of any two schools in D1.

SDSU:

NCAA tournament record: 6-12

Basketball weeks in the AP Poll: 66

Bowl Record: 5-8

Football weeks in the AP Poll: 24

Nevada:

NCAA tournament record: 6-9

Basketball weeks in the AP Poll: 62

Bowl Record: 6-10

Football weeks in the AP Poll: 16

What’s Nevada’s football and basketball record against those three? I’m too lazy to look it up. 

5 hours ago, Cougar King said:

Whether you like to admit it or not, the P6 campaign has been a success. This year also proves that a 1 loss AAC team takes priority of a 1 loss MWC team.

Honestly even Cincinnati would have gotten picked over Boise.

Sorry but that's the way the cookie crumbles. 

5660EE7A-A016-4DA4-AC72-61A8B1B26C31.jpeg

2 hours ago, Cougar King said:

Makes sense.  Especially considering that since Memphis and Cincinnati proved to be such a close game (twice!) and the Cincinnati vs. Ohio State compared to the Penn State vs. Ohio State is such compelling evidence of your certainty.

11 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

Makes sense.  Especially considering that since Memphis and Cincinnati proved to be such a close game (twice!) and the Cincinnati vs. Ohio State compared to the Penn State vs. Ohio State is such compelling evidence of your certainty.

Penn State is very beatable.  G5 should thank their lucky stars if they get them.

45 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Penn State is very beatable.  G5 should thank their lucky stars if they get them.

We'll see.  As I've said all along, the crop of G5 candidates, with Memphis IMHO being the best of those, is not particularly salty this year. 

7 hours ago, Cougar King said:

Whether you like to admit it or not, the P6 campaign has been a success. This year also proves that a 1 loss AAC team takes priority of a 1 loss MWC team.

Honestly even Cincinnati would have gotten picked over Boise.

Sorry but that's the way the cookie crumbles. 

Your team is soooo bad, you have to pimp other teams just to feel good about yourself ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

6 hours ago, RSF said:

Its near the beach....just like UCF is...

Houston is closer to the beach.

Americans Mayor

5 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

no, it was left out because that happened in 2012 before the American formed in 2013.

If my memory serves me correctly, isn't the AAC an amalgamation of the loser remnants from the Big Least and C-USA ?

Americans Mayor

7 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

If my memory serves me correctly, isn't the AAC an amalgamation of the loser remnants from the Big Least and C-USA ?

its mostly all recent CUSA members....just USF and Cincy are older members of the former Big East. UConn (correcton) is leaving so not counting them. Temple was in the Big East but they were expelled for being too chittie but were brought back in not all that long ago.

1 minute ago, An Admirer from the East said:

its mostly all recent CUSA members....just USF and Cincy are older members of the former Big East. Cincy is leaving so not counting them. Temple was in the Big East but they were expelled for being too chittie but were brought back in not all that long ago.

Like I said

Americans Mayor