Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cougar King

NY6 bowl is a de-facto autobid for the AAC

Whether you like to admit it or not, the P6 campaign has been a success. This year also proves that a 1 loss AAC team takes priority of a 1 loss MWC team.

Honestly even Cincinnati would have gotten picked over Boise.

Sorry but that's the way the cookie crumbles. 

Cougars fight for Dear ol' UofH

For our alma mater cheer

Fight for Houston University

For victory is near

When the going get so rough and tough

We never worry, CAUSE WE GOT THE STUFF!

So fight! Fight! Fight for Red and White!

And we will go to victory!

Gotta love those Cougar High folks. Even their trolling is substandard and lacks imagination.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Houston won't be a bowl eligible team for a long time. I guess he needs to hold his head high about something.

Its near the beach....just like UCF is...

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

14 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

For a second I thought this was a BYU troll. If Boise had lost to say FSU and beaten BYU, they'd have been in. When your loss is matters more.

Yep.  Both teams had horrible losses.  Temple and byu.  I really think the MW and AAC were similar this year   The system will fail 1 of these teams this year. If I really want to know how a team is thought of I look at potential starting lines.  Memphis and Boise would carry similar lines in the NY6 game.  So there you have it.  No wrong choice.  No right choice.  2 good teams with 2 seasons.  

4 minutes ago, 8BitPirate said:

This is silly thread.  In reality its a race between the AAC and Boise every year. 

Western Michigan says 'hi'.

17 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

I do think it's good that the AAC isn't a one trick pony as UCF, Houston, and now Memphis will have made NY6 bowls while the MWC just has Boise.

I guess it’s convenient to ignore that Utah and TCU left the conference.  

Until your conference gets good enough to also have top teams taken by better conferences.  You’ll likely have bragging rights over a conference that replaced Utah, TCU and BYU with the successes of San Jose and Nevada.  

Congrats on your schools great season.

Just now, bitteraztec said:

Until your conference gets good enough to also have top teams taken by better conferences.  You’ll likely have bragging rights over a conference that replaced Utah, TCU and BYU with the successes of San Jose and Nevada.  

no, it was left out because that happened in 2012 before the American formed in 2013.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

4 minutes ago, bitteraztec said:

Hello, bitter much?

25 minutes ago, RSF said:

Western Michigan says 'hi'.

If Navy had won the AAC title game the CFP chairman strongly implied they would have been taken over WMU.

Cougars fight for Dear ol' UofH

For our alma mater cheer

Fight for Houston University

For victory is near

When the going get so rough and tough

We never worry, CAUSE WE GOT THE STUFF!

So fight! Fight! Fight for Red and White!

And we will go to victory!

1 hour ago, Cougar King said:

Whether you like to admit it or not, the P6 campaign has been a success. This year also proves that a 1 loss AAC team takes priority of a 1 loss MWC team.

Honestly even Cincinnati would have gotten picked over Boise.

Sorry but that's the way the cookie crumbles. 

Why're you here? Your team isn't going to a bowl game.

10 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

There it is. Finally showing those true colors. Just admit it Mr Douche. You are only here to brag and troll.

my team just did something I never thought I would see them do...I'm pretty freaking proud of my Tigers.

that said if Cincy had made the Cotton bowl same idea applies. You can't put all your eggs in one basket.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

22 minutes ago, bitteraztec said:

Hey, thats right.  All those badass AAC schools got rejected not that long ago.  And God knows they were falling all over themselves trying to escape the AAC.  Hell, the Memphis couldnt even bribe their way out.

14 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Northern Illinois played in a big bowl game as well. These before the new set up but I still give them the credit.

I love that they made it, since my father graduated from there.  But as you said different set up.

15 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Why would you lump Nevada in with San Jose? Nevada probably has won more game in the MWC than Hawaii or Fresno?

Hawaii won the West this season, Fresno won the MWC last season.

I am in no way suggesting that Nevada is anywhere near San Jose State.  

edit:

If it makes you feel better, had SDSU been added then SDSU and San Jose would also have been a downgrade from Utah and TCU.  Of course we would have been an upgrade over BYU.

Edit 2: I just remembered we play San Jose today and we will be lucky to only lose by single digits.