Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Winning

Despite the Left’s dire predictions, it turns out that the policies advocated by President Donald Trump are helping black Americans even more than they are helping white Americans. 

The October jobs report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics put black unemployment at 5.4 percent. As Project 21 noted in a press release following that announcement, this is the sixth time a record for low black unemployment has been reported during the Trump presidency. 

https://nationalcenter.org/project21/2019/11/14/black-political-beliefs-may-change-with-economic-gains/

110926run_defense710.jpg

The number of Hispanics and Latinos employed hit a new record of 28,350,000 in November, breaking the record set a month earlier, as the national seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate for Hispanics and Latinos ticked up to 4.2% – from the record low set in September

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/record-28350000-hispanics-employed-november

110926run_defense710.jpg

Just now, Bob said:

No. I genuinely like Trump. He's hands down the greatest president of my lifetime. America is a better place because he's our president. These will be coming in the mail soon

61WV3pz03FL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Well, I'll give you credit for actually admitting it unlike so many other of your compatriots. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

But you're not really a fan and don't actually like him, right?

So, you have to be a personal fan of Trump's to like low unemployment for all groups, economic growth, and no recession?  I am confident you would be fine with an economic slump and people losing their jobs and homes if it meant getting rid of Trump and your team winning the White House.  I am positive you don't have it in you to even admit some of his policies are working.  

14 hours ago, retrofade said:

Well, I'll give you credit for actually admitting it unlike so many other of your compatriots. 

You always have your facts wrong. Most of the GOP likes his policies and like the good attributes of the man. And most also loathe the negative character issues that perpetually trip him up from time to time. That's how I and most people I know feel. 

kat.jpg

19 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You always have your facts wrong. Most of the GOP likes his policies and like the good attributes of the man. And most also loathe the negative character issues that perpetually trip him up from time to time. That's how I and most people I know feel. 

i LovE TruMP bUt HAte WhO He Is.

30 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Captain Collusion isn’t capable of an honest or realistic take on anything Trump related.

v0icAvfW.jpg

15 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

So, you have to be a personal fan of Trump's to like low unemployment for all groups, economic growth, and no recession?  I am confident you would be fine with an economic slump and people losing their jobs and homes if it meant getting rid of Trump and your team winning the White House.  I am positive you don't have it in you to even admit some of his policies are working.  

I think an informed person has to be a personal fan of Trump to ignore the facts that stimulus during growth makes the next recession worse, that we're eating our seed corn when it comes to playing with our GDP growth being less than our deficit, and that the nationwide numbers are effectively lying to us - half the country is in a recession while the other half is in a boom, and the average is moderate growth. 

Also, I've never been a fan of judging presidents based on current economic performance and I've always beat the drum that the President isn't the grand wizard of the economy. I did it under Obama to bsu fan and I am doing it under Trump. Great presidents leave the country in better shape 50+ years after they left office. The last great President we had was probably Nixon if it wasn't Eisenhower. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

20 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I think an informed person has to be a personal fan of Trump to ignore the facts that stimulus during growth makes the next recession worse, that we're eating our seed corn when it comes to playing with our GDP growth being less than our deficit, and that the nationwide numbers are effectively lying to us - half the country is in a recession while the other half is in a boom, and the average is moderate growth. 

Also, I've never been a fan of judging presidents based on current economic performance and I've always beat the drum that the President isn't the grand wizard of the economy. I did it under Obama to bsu fan and I am doing it under Trump. Great presidents leave the country in better shape 50+ years after they left office. The last great President we had was probably Nixon if it wasn't Eisenhower. 

Tax cuts with no changes in spending increased our deficit, with Republicans controlling House, Senate, and WH.  There was no need for the tax cuts in a good economy, and certainly if you were going to go down that path we should have reduced spending.  Doesn't matter.  Cutting regulations.  Which ones?  Doesn't matter.  Better trade deals.  How so?  Doesn't matter.  Unemployment is low and DOW is up.  Thanks Trump!  We are stopping more people at the border, no we are stopping less people. Whatever the number is, thanks Trump.  I think that pretty much summarizes how the right feels.  Whatever nugget is the good news for the day, to heck with the future, i just want to thank Trump.  Better yet, i want to rush to my computer and do it.  Then again...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/jeffrey-gundlach-on-outlook-for-2020-decade-182455166.html

In Gundlach's view, the 2020s will see "the crescendo" of many unattractive trends that have been talked about for years, but finally come home to roost. 

"[We're] going to have to face Social Security, health care, all of these things, deficit-based spending — all of that is going to have to be resolved during the 2020s because the compounding curve is just so bad," the billionaire added.

According to the Congressional Budget Office, the federal deficit will top $1 trillion every year beginning in 2022. Yet Gundlach said the agency’s forecast may be too rosy, given that it assumes a "pretty benign future" with no recession and interest rates that are not very high. 

Interest costs to the government, as a percentage of gross domestic product are expected rise from 1.25% to at least 3% by 2027. “That's a big, big increase. And that's coming,” the investor told Yahoo Finance.