Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SparkysDad

The P6 "Tell"

Kudos to Memphis who is deserving of the NY6 invite, but can we please stop with the AAC is P6?  The P6 AAC Champion is gonna lose their coach to a middling P5 program.  That would be like Ryan Day, HC of Ohio State taking the job at Cal.

And there are many recent history examples of the same repeated.

That is all...

Charlie Weak fired at USF.   Holgerstinks for now.  That is all.  Except for total props to Memphis for winning the day and on to the Cotton Bowl. 

More positives.  UH Hoops young team ish waiting in the wings in the delayed sked.  As a fellow Houston person, Slappy..I always dig ya. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

8 minutes ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

Agreed a program with a natty in last six years isn’t middling but if they make another bad hire they can get there. 

Ok.  I'll change my analogy...

That would be like Ryan Day, HC of Ohio State, taking the Texas job after the Big 10 Championship game was over.  Better?

All I'm saying is that the fanbase of the champion of a P5 program doesn't expect their coach to be hired away.  For the "P6" AAC it seems to be a fairly regular occurrence.

Ole Miss hired up Lane.  No surprise there re: Lane moving along.  I'm kinda surprised Southern Cal re-upped Helton.  I thought Helton was in his thin ice days; tapping his inner Tonya Harding.  The coaching shift this year is more yawn than yell. 

1 minute ago, Coog kev said:

Ole Miss hired up Lane.  No surprise there re: Lane moving along.  I'm kinda surprised Southern Cal re-upped Helton.  I thought Helton was in his thin ice days; tapping his inner Tonya Harding.  The coaching shift this year is more yawn than yell. 

Lane Kiffin to Ole Miss is a huge surprise when it doesn't include this anymore!

Image result for lane kiffin's wife

The P6 thing is dumb and tired but with 4 out of the 6 access bowl bids, more CFP poll appearances (59) than the other 4 G5 conferences combined (39) and 8 out of the 12 schools in the conference appearing in a CFP poll (MW-3, MAC-2 CUSA and SBC-1), I'm not too big of a conference homer to say that the AAC is #1 among the G5.  

5923508649007_bestsuperbowlpicture.jpg.3d879e07e88f2c9ecd15a44ed82786a3.jpg

31 minutes ago, Pokez said:

The P6 thing is dumb and tired but with 4 out of the 6 access bowl bids, more CFP poll appearances (59) than the other 4 G5 conferences combined (39) and 8 out of the 12 schools in the conference appearing in a CFP poll (MW-3, MAC-2 CUSA and SBC-1), I'm not too big of a conference homer to say that the AAC is #1 among the G5.  

All that goes out the window when they call us the G4. Their arrogance and p6 nonsense is annoying and childish.

55 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

Ok.  I'll change my analogy...

That would be like Ryan Day, HC of Ohio State, taking the Texas job after the Big 10 Championship game was over.  Better?

All I'm saying is that the fanbase of the champion of a P5 program doesn't expect their coach to be hired away.  For the "P6" AAC it seems to be a fairly regular occurrence.

P5 coaches get hired away all the time to bigger programs.

The AAC is dropping UConn, and their numbers basically mirror the ACC's.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

The AAC is dropping UConn...

You got that backwards.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

18 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

All that goes out the window when they call us the G4. Their arrogance and p6 nonsense is annoying and childish.

If they truly feel they're P6 then they should paint it on their helmets.  Drop the ridiculous stickers.

Okay.  Let's spin this entire topic on a new dime.  As we all know in a few short years some television contracts are up for re-no. Re-no as in renegotiate and not so much Nevada- Reno (no offense Mug).  The hot topic will be XII and Big10.  Methinks the SEC is mostly locked up strong and well with CBS.  The Clemsom ACC with NBC Guest Notre Dame is locked up.  Yes, i know it's not summer when we are unusually bored.  Howevs, by summer next in 2020 there should be winds blowing for TV contracts.  Especially in the middle of America.  East coast locked. West coast locked.  Middle. Middle. 

XII will become undone.  Big will be Bigger with the annexation of Texas, Oklahoma Proper, Kansas, and entity X.   This guts XII creating the first 16-team league.  SEC either holds pat or annexes Oklahoma State or the Tards of Texas Tech (West Virginia no go). 

There will be a P6 by no later than 2023.  The money is there.  The content is there.  The demand is there.  Former XII will sort itself out.  Add Rice or whatevs.  What MWC and the American should do is merge.  Once and for all with some tough choices and get down to a New World 16 team league conference.  No basketball-only.  No football-only.  In or out.  Bye Navy.  Bye Hawai'i.  Bye Wichita State (really? they have eyeballs on hoops television..get rid of em). 

9 minutes ago, Coog kev said:

Okay.  Let's spin this entire topic on a new dime.  As we all know in a few short years some television contracts are up for re-no. Re-no as in renegotiate and not so much Nevada- Reno (no offense Mug).  The hot topic will be XII and Big10.  Methinks the SEC is mostly locked up strong and well with CBS.  The Clemsom ACC with NBC Guest Notre Dame is locked up.  Yes, i know it's not summer when we are unusually bored.  Howevs, by summer next in 2020 there should be winds blowing for TV contracts.  Especially in the middle of America.  East coast locked. West coast locked.  Middle. Middle. 

XII will become undone.  Big will be Bigger with the annexation of Texas, Oklahoma Proper, Kansas, and entity X.   This guts XII creating the first 16-team league.  SEC either holds pat or annexes Oklahoma State or the Tards of Texas Tech (West Virginia no go). 

There will be a P6 by no later than 2023.  The money is there.  The content is there.  The demand is there.  Former XII will sort itself out.  Add Rice or whatevs.  What MWC and the American should do is merge.  Once and for all with some tough choices and get down to a New World 16 team league conference.  No basketball-only.  No football-only.  In or out.  Bye Navy.  Bye Hawai'i.  Bye Wichita State (really? they have eyeballs on hoops television..get rid of em). 

A lot wrong here, too much to deal with at one time on my phone, but Ill just stick with 14 + 4 does not equal 16 and stop there.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 hours ago, SparkysDad said:

Kudos to Memphis who is deserving of the NY6 invite, but can we please stop with the AAC is P6?  The P6 AAC Champion is gonna lose their coach to a middling P5 program.  That would be like Ryan Day, HC of Ohio State taking the job at Cal.

And there are many recent history examples of the same repeated.

That is all...

There's nothing 'middling' about FSU.

3 NCAA Championships, 3 NCAA title runner up appearances, 3 Heisman winners, 80k stadium in a state full of football talent.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

27 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

There's nothing 'middling' about FSU.

3 NCAA Championships, 3 NCAA title runner up appearances, 3 Heisman winners, 80k stadium in a state full of football talent.

Whether or not FSU is middling, the core point still stands.  Do you think the Oregon, LSU, Oklahoma, or Ohio State coach would take the FSU job right now?