Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Penny Hardaway

I LOVE what he’s doing at Memphis.  They just came back from 17 down to beat UAB on the road.

He didn’t just recruit a bunch of good players.  He recruited a roster that fits well together and is EXTREMELY deep.  They will be at full strength when Wiseman and Quinones return.

He’s basically doing what Dave Rice was supposed to do.

Just now, roughrider said:

Exactly. Sign a name ex-NBA baller that can actually coach and have a personality and you too can rock the top 20 vote every year.  Roll out the cash and make the right choice....they don't grow on trees.

It’s not as simple as signing good players.  Dave Rice showed that.

7 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

It’s not as simple as signing good players.  Dave Rice showed that.

I will be happy when I see Unlv get a guy better.  0-2 since he left.  MM compiled the worst record in modern Unlv hoops.   This guy is following the path of MM.  let’s see how long it takes. 

7 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Agree.  What part of Dave Rice screams ex-NBA baller that can actually coach....AND has a personality?  

I’m pleasantly surprised.  I didn’t think they would make the tournament before the season.  They will likely be a top five seed.

Just now, ph90702 said:

I’m pleasantly surprised.  I didn’t think they would make the tournament before the season.  They will likely be a top five seed.

You didnt think Memphis was a tourney team?

Seriously?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

7 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Freshmen teams are wildly inconsistent.  I’m still concerned about how they will do in conference play.

Coming into the season a 5 seed would be considered a mild disappointment.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.