Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Mission accomplished.

41 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

This ^^^ !

With all the posturing between the AAC and the MWC, I've never thought that this season's batch of G5 candidates (including, and maybe especially Boise State) weren't in the best place to take on a potential Top 10 P5 program.

Baylor (or whoever else Memphis might face in the Cotton Bowl,  - they should hope it's Baylor and not Wisconsin, or someone from a conference with defense) will be a tough game/probable loss and if Boise State can win in Vegas - and I wouldn't bet even money even against Wazzu - then Boise State should indeed end the season as the highest ranked G5 program.

As much as I hate Baylor, they are where they are this year because of their defense, not their offense.  That and fate smiling upon them on several occasions.

But Baylor is probably headed to the Sugar, and Wisky to the Rose.  Memphis is probably going to get Alabama.  Good luck with that.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I wouldn't say it does nothing. A win and we would finish solidly in the top 15.  It is a team we regularly recruit against.  Winning would set us up as the front runner for the Access bowl next year.  Viewership numbers would be well over 3, maybe closer to 4 million, which would be the highest ranked game since our last Las Vegas Bowl.

Is it a great reward for a team that went 12-1?  No.  Is there some positive that can come from it?  Absolutely.  

The life of a G5 team, unfortunately.

Agree with all of your takes entirely.

57 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

The life of a G5 team, unfortunately.

Agree with all of your takes entirely.

Whatever, commie. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

32 minutes ago, An Admirer from the East said:

Looking like Memphis Vs Penn State or Utah....either doable IMO.

Not sure if Norvell will be coaching their bowl game, but a lame duck coach is not a good situation. Utah was over rated and is beatable, Penn State not so much. 

4 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

Fresno and Boise lead the conference with 4 MWCG appearances.

Boise 3-1

Fresno 2-2

SDSU 2-0

AFA 0-1

Hawaii 0-1

Utah State 0-1

Wyoming 0-1

Boise now with 4 MWC titles, tying Utah and TCU for most all time in the MWC.  Hopefully Fresno and the others hiring coaches nail their selections.

16 hours ago, An Admirer from the East said:

wrong....try AFA

they need to switch on over to the AAC as a football only.

West: Air Force, Navy, SMU, Tulsa, Houston, Tulane (all the privates & academies together) 

East: Cincy, Memphis, Temple, UCF, USF, ECU

mem skyline sig.jpeg

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise now with 4 MWC titles, tying Utah and TCU for most all time in the MWC.  Hopefully Fresno and the others hiring coaches nail their selections.

Hopefully New Mexico stops playing like a mid-level FCS team. Certainly wouldn't hurt the conference SOS.

6 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I don't want to be that guy because I have a lot of respect for Boise, but just make sure to put that little " * " next to 2012 as that title was shared with Fresno and SDSU. ;)

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

4 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

they need to switch on over to the AAC as a football only.

East: Air Force, Navy, SMU, Tulsa, Houston, Tulane (all the privates & academies together) 

West: Cincy, Memphis, Temple, UCF, USF, ECU

Have you ever taken a geography course ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Proud of the team one their fight. Still scratching my head about Provo. By the way @UofMTigers, congrats to your team on their likely Cotton bowl bid. I admit I was cheering against your guys, but they took care of business. 

14 hours ago, goboroot said:

You can thank the refs.  Mission Accomplished for the MWC.  Worst officiating. 

You're danm right!

Did you see how the umpire and line judge just stuffed Cole at the goal line. That was a horrible play by them.

The fourth and 5, hell, Cole threw perfect strikes to the referee, field judge and twice to the back judge and they all dropped them. Terrible there too.

The head linesman gets in and sacks Cole in the fourth quarter to polish off the night.

See, just goes to show without the refs doing their part Hawaii was just the most dominate team on the field last night.