Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Mission accomplished.

10 minutes ago, goboroot said:

You can thank the refs.  Mission Accomplished for the MWC.  Worst officiating. 

I get it. The refs screwed UsU out of our game with Boise too. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

There were some bad calls (and no calls) in the game.

But not THAT many. Most egregious is definitely that 4th and goal non-call on the offiside. 

But there's no way that the refs handed BSU that game. With no offense to Hawaii, since it was close for most of the first half, but BSU mauled Hawaii from about three minutes left in the first half until the end of the game.

I'm still holding out hope that an impressively big final score margin will be enough to have the committee leap BSU over Memphis, but realistically, just glad to get another conference championship at this point.

15 minutes ago, goboroot said:

You can thank the refs.  Mission Accomplished for the MWC.  Worst officiating. 

We pay good #kustramoney for that shit. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Now we get to walk into Vegas and play Washington State. Which does nothing for us.

I'd personally love to have a shot at Washington State.

But I think we'll get moved like last year's Servpro First Responder Bowl which was "Like it never even happened."

ESPN, which art on TV,
Hallowed be thy Name;
Thy bowl games come;
Thy will be done
On the field, as it is on television:
Give us this day our seasonal bowl game;

And forgive us our losses (even if they were to BYU),
as we forgive the losses of those against us;
And lead us not into shitty bowl games,
But deliver us a good one:

For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
Pee six is garbage forever and ever.
Amen.

11 minutes ago, Pokez said:

After beating the 7th best team in the PAC 12 in Vegas, you will finish as the highest ranked G5 school.

This ^^^ !

With all the posturing between the AAC and the MWC, I've never thought that this season's batch of G5 candidates (including, and maybe especially Boise State) weren't in the best place to take on a potential Top 10 P5 program.

Baylor (or whoever else Memphis might face in the Cotton Bowl,  - they should hope it's Baylor and not Wisconsin, or someone from a conference with defense) will be a tough game/probable loss and if Boise State can win in Vegas - and I wouldn't bet even money even against Wazzu - then Boise State should indeed end the season as the highest ranked G5 program.

3 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:
ESPN, which art on TV,
Hallowed be thy Name;
Thy bowl games come;
Thy will be done
On the field, as it is on television:
Give us this day our seasonal bowl game;

And forgive us our losses (even if they were to BYU),
as we forgive the losses of those against us;
And lead us not into shitty bowl games,
But deliver us a good one:

For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
Pee six is garbage forever and ever.
Amen.

Sweet baby Jesus, amen.

13 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Now we get to walk into Vegas and play Washington State. Which does nothing for us.

I wouldn't say it does nothing. A win and we would finish solidly in the top 15.  It is a team we regularly recruit against.  Winning would set us up as the front runner for the Access bowl next year.  Viewership numbers would be well over 3, maybe closer to 4 million, which would be the highest ranked game since our last Las Vegas Bowl.

Is it a great reward for a team that went 12-1?  No.  Is there some positive that can come from it?  Absolutely.  

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I wouldn't say it does nothing. A win and we would finish solidly in the top 15.  It is a team we regularly recruit against.  Winning would set us up as the front runner for the Access bowl next year.  Viewership numbers would be well over 3, maybe closer to 4 million, which would be the highest ranked game since our last Las Vegas Bowl.

Is it a great reward for a team that went 12-1?  No.  Is there some positive that can come from it?  Absolutely.  

And youll have the refs help In that game too. It’s the only way you win games. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.