Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoFasZz

Tedford stepping down. Wow

I hear June Jones has thrown his hat in the ring.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

42 minutes ago, Warbow said:

I hear June Jones has thrown his hat in the ring.

June Jones took over as the head coach for the Houston Roughnecks XFL team. That reminds me, I'm surprised the university hasn't taken advantage by selling screwdriver cocktails in the beer garden before our home games with Hawaii and call it the June Jones Jubilee.   

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

2 hours ago, broncsrock said:

What?  No doubt a great coach but he lost 1st round in 2009 and won a natty in 2010 and never returned to FCS championship game.  3 semis (12, 13, 16) and a quarterfinal in 2014.

What? That seems pretty freaking solid to me.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

That Arrigo guy's multiple sources always appear to be a couple of Quija boards.

I dunno, I think he's on to something here....Who wouldn't want a DC that commanded the 103rd ranked defense in yards allowed/119th in points allowed out of the mighty MWC Conference?

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

35 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

June Jones took over as the head coach for the Houston Roughnecks XFL team. That reminds me, I'm surprised the university hasn't taken advantage by selling screwdriver cocktails in the beer garden before our home games with Hawaii and call it the June Jones Jubilee.   

I don't believe the university has a license to sell hard alcohol... but that's an excellent idea.

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

What? That seems pretty freaking solid to me.

Double Gold said this below in BOLD:  I merely showed he only went to one natty, not several and not 4 years in row against NDSU.

Baldwin took EWU to several FCS natties. It was a four-year, IIRC, rematch between them NDSU at the start of the decade. He was going to replace Polian, but Cal offered a bigger payday to be their OC. It is apparent he wants to be a HC. He must have thought that being the OC at Cal would launch him to Oregon St, Washington or Washington.

What about David Carr? Fresno has a love relationship with that family and he even went number 1 in the draft, remember that? Broke records for being the highest paid draftee at the time if I remember correctly.

16 minutes ago, Rocket said:

What about David Carr? Fresno has a love relationship with that family and he even went number 1 in the draft, remember that? Broke records for being the highest paid draftee at the time if I remember correctly.

Just because he's a good QB doesn't mean he would make a good coach. The only coaching experience he has so far is being the offensive coordinator at Bakersfield Christian High School with his older brother Darren Carr as head coach. Besides, I think he's making a comfortable living on the NFL network. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

4 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Just because he's a good QB doesn't mean he would make a good coach. The only coaching experience he has so far is being the offensive coordinator at Bakersfield Christian High School with his older brother Darren Carr as head coach. Besides, I think he's making a comfortable living on the NFL network. 

bruh it's football

17 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

That settles it then. Darren should get the job.

So, I posted most of this on the BB, but I'll put it here as well. I talked to my dad, a practicing family practice physician, earlier today after he read the article in the Bee and called me to get my take while he was on his lunch break. He said that it's definitely for the best for Tedford personally to retire given his health issues. He also said that he's had patients have this exact procedure (cardiac ablation) done and they've gone on to live normal lives without any issues, and that he wouldn't be surprised to see Tedford on the sidelines in a year or two, at least from a medical perspective. He also said that he's had a few patients have this procedure done at the Mayo Clinic, which is where Tedford is having it done, and he thinks that it's the best place in the world for it. Based on that conversation, I think that Teddy is in good hands and should have a full second half of his life ahead of him.