Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoFasZz

Tedford stepping down. Wow

8 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

F him.... terrible giffer; terrible city; terribly unlikeable; terribly in need of his batman (TTT); terrible football team, and hoop team; terribly short; terrible living situation; terribly sad;  terribly unattractive; terrible at fortnite; terrible tooth care; terribly obese; terrible little hands....etc

Dude, +++++ off with your trolling in this thread. Be a decent person for once.

35 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

What's wrong with hiring DeBoer? He did really well for us and won't need to change the system that Tedford already has in place. 

The first thing that comes to mind is that Grubb would continue as OC. I also wasn't terribly impressed with his tenure as OC, but maybe that had more to do with Tedford being more of a conservative coach. But his game plan at Minnesota was painful.... and led to my most epic Fresno State related meltdown. ;) 

4 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Retroshorts,

Don't be a little baby... we've seen your baby behavior in gameday threads, so quit crying and go mod that dumb board that drove out your boy Teddy, but don't you try to mod me you little goof

Asshole it is, I guess.

33 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

F him.... terrible giffer; terrible city; terribly unlikeable; terribly in need of his batman (TTT); terrible football team, and hoop team; terribly short; terrible living situation; terribly sad;  terribly unattractive; terrible at fortnite; terrible tooth care; terribly obese; terrible little hands....etc

nah.

Blockage hasn't returned, he has AFib. That shit will kill you. He's lucky he has the chance to correct it and live a healthy life. Sad day, but also a happy one. Could have easily dropped dead on the sideline. He laid the groundwork for the program to be successful going forward. He inherited a mess and corrected it quickly. Much better place than when he took over. I thought it would be a decade before we recovered from 1-11.

11 minutes ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Lot of teams looking for coaches this year it seems in the MW.

Tedford steps down, Tony Sanchez gets fired, Mike Bobo gets fired, Bob Davie gets fired

Submitted for everyone-in-need-of-a-coach's consideration: One very gently used long-time offensive coordinator. Shares credit for multiple FCS championships and two successful NFL quarterbacks. Has reserves of cerebral energy due to conservative use. Moves quickly and easily due to lack of cumbersome play book. Exhibits low-maintenance quality through simplicity itself. Priced to move. Please contact Tom Burman at the Athletics office in Laramie, Wyoming. Caveat- seller is not considered motivated.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

33 minutes ago, ThePhantom88 said:

Enjoy Rolo :D

Honestly if Rolo leaves its all in the fault of the UH higher ups failing to back him up for that pushing of a photographer incident. Supposedly that is the reason he is rumored to be upset with the school right now.

My guess is if he leaves we end up promoting a guy like Brian Smith or even Rich Miano to HC. That's just how our AD operates... Matlin loves guys that knows and loves the islands or doesn't mind to staying here more than the pay itself than looking for up and comers.

1 hour ago, ridgeview2 said:

He started to cry at the end of the press conference because how hard this decision was. I wish coach Tedford nothing but the best, he is the definition of Bulldog born, Bulldog bred. 

Tough to watch the ending. Heartbreaking

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

1 hour ago, TheDoggFather said:

Blockage hasn't returned, he has AFib. That shit will kill you. He's lucky he has the chance to correct it and live a healthy life. Sad day, but also a happy one. Could have easily dropped dead on the sideline. He laid the groundwork for the program to be successful going forward. He inherited a mess and corrected it quickly. Much better place than when he took over. I thought it would be a decade before we recovered from 1-11.

Afib is treatable, it's the other heart related issues that can kill you.Tough times for Tedford and family; but he can walk away now and concentrate on the most important things.  He had a good return and run (maybe the best year in program history), albeit a crappy way to have to leave what he loves. Best of health and luck to him.

Ok, that was for you, Retro.

13 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

You don't think Beau Baldwin (Cal's OC) might be a potential replacement?

What?  No doubt a great coach but he lost 1st round in 2009 and won a natty in 2010 and never returned to FCS championship game.  3 semis (12, 13, 16) and a quarterfinal in 2014.