Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoFasZz

Tedford stepping down. Wow

12 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

A real stunner. I thought he would he there for a decade and go out on his terms.

Faith,  Family, and then Football. That's the correct order of things.

I think it is his terms... health reasons.   Let’s just hope they aren’t serious.  Some things are more important than football. 

Just now, sactowndog said:

Possible replacements I hope they consider: 

Deboer - Former OC, now at Indiana

Steinhauer - Former DC, Head coach Tigercats

Taylor - Head coach Sac State and Folsom 

You don't think Beau Baldwin (Cal's OC) might be a potential replacement?

30 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Don’t know much about him but went to Cal USC game and can’t say Cal impressed me.

Baldwin took EWU to several FCS natties. It was a four-year, IIRC, rematch between them NDSU at the start of the decade. He was going to replace Polian, but Cal offered a bigger payday to be their OC. It is apparent he wants to be a HC. He must have thought that being the OC at Cal would launch him to Oregon St, Washington or Washington St, but that's not happening. He probably realizes that he will have to go the MWC HC route now to land a PAC 12 HC gig.

Sarkisian is another name I think will throw his name in the hat.

That sucks. You bring a guy like Tedford in for stability. He's not jumping off anywhere after a successful season like a younger up-and-comer. Nothing left to prove. 

Even in my hate for the dogs, I hope that they find someone who has general success and has a losing record against the spartans. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

39 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

That sucks. You bring a guy like Tedford in for stability. He's not jumping off anywhere after a successful season like a younger up-and-comer. Nothing left to prove. 

Even in my hate for the dogs, I hope that they find someone who has general success and has a losing record against the spartans. 

Better watch out, Fresno may go after Brennan. 

I think Jeff wanted to come back to college and prove he could still coach.  Yeah, the other guy’s players but he made Fresno relevant again. What were they 1-11 the year before he got there? He brought some hardware to “The Valley”. The Carr team was pretty decent too. 

A losing season, age and health problems are never a good combo.