Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fowl

SDSU Receives $15mm donation for Football Stadium

3 hours ago, Fowl said:

There are some more detailed drawings and a fly-through on this site - https://aztecstadium.com/

Why didn't any of the zoom action show Dre's mom soliciting her services to the male passerby? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

9 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

sadly no beach close by in San Diego, like there is at UCF

Go west young man. Go west. A mere 8 miles from the stadium. I have seen fog come in from the ocean and envelope the stadium on an occasion or two.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

9 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

Where they gonna play while new stadium being built?

In the existing stadium.

Americans Mayor

9 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

I hope they plan on still having the Holiday Bowl there.  I like that bowl game.

Holiday Bowl is likely headed to Petco Park.

Americans Mayor

On 12/5/2019 at 10:41 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Maybe Ralph Rubio has been waiting for something?

He is hardly a "Big Time" Franchisor. Seems these days he is struggling to stay afloat.

But seriously, congrats Tecs. This will be a premier destination stadium for the MW and your OOC foes. Who is buying me a fish taco when I come to town to visit the stadium? @East Coast Aztec @Spaztecs

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 hours ago, madmartigan said:

But seriously, congrats Tecs. This will be a premier destination stadium for the MW and your OOC foes. Who is buying me a fish taco when I come to town to visit the stadium? @East Coast Aztec @Spaztecs

I don't live in SD.  And I just got sad yesterday as I got a call about buying seats for the new stadium. :(

Out-of-town booster problems.

14 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Go west young man. Go west. A mere 8 miles from the stadium. I have seen fog come in from the ocean and envelope the stadium on an occasion or two.

I thought it was obvious sarcasm.  Orlando, along with being the Branson of Florida, isn't near the ocean.

On 12/5/2019 at 10:24 PM, Spaztecs said:

I was always amazed that with the 100's of thousands of Aztec alumni and many have certainly done well for themselves, why there were not more big money boosters for the athletic department ?

I know the Pads owners are SDSU alum and have been very philanthropic towards the University, but other than that and Mrs Bashor, you don't hear much else.

There's one IT grad who is worth something like $3 billion but has apparently never contributed to a sports project. You'd think he attended San JOSE State.

But school administration deserves some of the blame. I know several USC grads and all had fealty to the football program emphasized to them as early as their orientation. To my knowledge SDSU has never done anything like that.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

He is hardly a "Big Time" Franchisor. Seems these days he is struggling to stay afloat.

This. The restaurant biz is always dicey and competition from Baja Fresh can't have been helpful.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 hours ago, madmartigan said:

roflmao !

I could buy you at brat at a Weber State game. I live in Ogden.

Americans Mayor

6 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

There's one IT grad who is worth something like $3 billion but has apparently never contributed to a sports project. You'd think he attended San JOSE State.

But school administration deserves some of the blame. I know several USC grads and all had fealty to the football program emphasized to them as early as their orientation. To my knowledge SDSU has never done anything like that.

I would think a comparison of the socioeconomic origin of SDSU students vs those of the University of Spoiled Children would explain it. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say