Bob

CSU has never hired a black coach... in any sport. Ever.

Just now, renoskier said:

Rich, coming from a UNLV fan :lol:

I believe at least some of this took place with the last coach.

1 hour ago, qwelish said:

Surgery is one thing, and to answer your question directly, no race would not matter.

But this is basketball and football. Where somewhere between 60-70% of players at the d1 level are black.

Are you claiming that in the entire history of csu football and basketball that only one single black person has been among the most qualified? If so, how can that be, exactly. Please explain it to me. I call nonsense.

This historic mistep should be righted by an institution that draws federal funding..

Do you see the difference in the argument im making and the argument youre pretending im making? Of course you do.

How many black Football head coaches has UNLV had?  I’m too lazy to look for pictures of each, but I’m guessing none.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UNLV_Rebels_football

• Facepalm 1

On 12/5/2019 at 12:54 PM, Bob said:

https://footballscoop.com/news/update-on-colorado-states-search/

One stunning thing we’ve heard as this search begins is that Colorado State has never hired a black head coach…in any sport, ever. That, folks, is a bit mind-boggling.

Wow. Just wow

This thread should be titled “CSU has never fired a black coach...”

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, qwelish said:

I believe at least some of this took place with the last coach.

What took place?

• Like 1

Let's remember, we wouldn't even have the MWC forum if it weren't for former CSU President, "Airport Al."  

Al-Yates-Mary-Neiberg.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, qwelish said:

If this gets any traction I guarantee they hire a black coach as soon as a spot opens up. 

7 hours ago, aztech said:

Word has it that Tony Alford will be CSU's new HC.

5 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

That would make him the 2nd black HC after Ritchie McKay.

Boom.

Its too obvious of a misstep with the current climate of things.

Personally I dont care one way or the other. People should be allowed to openly dicriminate. We all do anyway. But govt panders to and gives teeth to pc culture. Not saying its right, just saying its true. Doesnt matter how much you all laugh, disagree and soapbox.

24 minutes ago, qwelish said:

At least 5 or 6 between the two major revenue sports.

Other than Reggie Theus, can you name them?

2 hours ago, qwelish said:

Surgery is one thing, and to answer your question directly, no race would not matter.

But this is basketball and football. Where somewhere between 60-70% of players at the d1 level are black.

Are you claiming that in the entire history of csu football and basketball that only one single black person has been among the most qualified? If so, how can that be, exactly. Please explain it to me. I call nonsense.

This historic mistep should be righted by an institution that draws federal funding..

Do you see the difference in the argument im making and the argument youre pretending im making? Of course you do.

Maybe I'm forgetting, but outside of Menzies has UNLV football or basketball ever had a black coach?

2 hours ago, qwelish said:

That still means football has never. But having had one in 30 years, when most of the players are black is an issue, period. So they can play, but they cant lead your program? Got it.

Yea, make your priority to hire a coach that looks like the players. That’s smart. Then you can perpetuate the racism and sexism of female coaches for female sports, male coaches for male sports, black coaches for basketball and football, white coaches for hockey, etc. yea, that’s brilliant.

8 minutes ago, bigd said:

Maybe I'm forgetting, but outside of Menzies has UNLV football or basketball ever had a black coach?

Reggie Theus.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, qwelish said:

Have you ever looked into why the black population along the front range (minus Denver) has very few blacks that have chosen to live there? That’s an incredibly huge chunk of data right there that you’re missing. 

On 12/8/2019 at 10:42 AM, qwelish said:

Boom.

Its too obvious of a misstep with the current climate of things.

Personally I dont care one way or the other. People should be allowed to openly dicriminate. We all do anyway. But govt panders to and gives teeth to pc culture. Not saying its right, just saying its true. Doesnt matter how much you all laugh, disagree and soapbox.

I really hate I'm allowing myself to get drug into this conversation, but it's a slow day at work. If we hire Alford (which I'm pretty excited at the prospect of it now), it will be because he is the best man for the job; not because of some awareness of past "misteps" and trying to correct them. I personally think it's more racist to think minorities need help instead of thinking they're capable of carrying their own weight. Thankfully, I think the sun is setting on extreme PC culture and attempts to offset past wrongs. 

To any CSU fans who don't agree with me and feel I've represented our fanbase poorly, I say sorry. To any wyo fans, public service announcement that meth is bad. That's all. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 3:10 AM, Wyovanian said:

Wayne Nunnely was black.

Funny part seems to be no Rebel Football "fans" seem to know that...

You beat me to it. I'm late to this thread.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 8:53 AM, afacademydad said:

What a stupid topic. A school should be hiring the best coach for the money they have. They shouldn’t be looking at skin color, balls, or vaginas. If the are looking at those things, then their priorities are wrong. They are thinking with a PC mentality that is racist and sexist by its very nature. And don’t argue that there are plenty of good black or female coaches out there. You’re not looking for “Good”. You’re looking for the best that you can afford based on those who apply and are interested in the job. Hiring a coach for any other reason is bad for the team, fans, and the school.

Until people stop this PC mentality, stop believing in restitution and making up for past discrimination, and start concentrating on a person’s capabilities and achievements, we will continue to have warfare between races, classes, and economic levels. PC needs to die, and ALL those that believe and support PC need to grow up, grow a set of balls, and stop blaming everyone else their own and other’s short comings. The things I’m great at, and the things I suck at, are entirely 100% because of my own efforts, interests, and talents. They have nothing to do with my skin color or gender. There is no such thing as white privilege or male privilege. Only people making excuses for their own shortcomings. 

This is not to say there isn’t discrimination. It happens with all colors, genders, religion, etc. When it happens, make it known publicly, address it, and hold the person who is discriminating accountable. But stop blaming others for your own shortcomings and for god’s sakes, end the PC mentality.

Not to mention setting themselves up for a doozy of a sexual harassment suit. Talk about an awkward job interview. "While you take off your clothes, could you please tell me what makes you feel you are the most qualified for this job?"

As to the notion of "white privilege," have you met my friend @youngrebelfan40?