Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

Colorado State Update

22 hours ago, Warbow said:

I do remember he had some really good defenses at Boston College.

Yep.  And some really bad ones as well.  I'm on board with the guy, what with him and I being dudes and all, but I'm not all in until I see who the coordinators are.

On 12/12/2019 at 7:00 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

Well now isn't this just special.............

“I want our program to be a tough program, but also a compassionate program, and welcoming of everyone,” the Connecticut native said. “Our program is going to be based off of love. Love is the fundamental building block of any family. Love builds trust. Trust gives you faith. Faith gives you hope. And hope allows you to persevere.”

With that, athletic director Joe Parker smiled. CSU president Joyce McConnell smiled. Chances are, Urban Meyer smiled. Somewhere.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/12/12/steve-addazio-csu-rams-football-introduction/

16 hours ago, RamSack said:

I hate this hire.  I would’ve been 1000 times happier if we hired Ed McCaffrey.

And that so many sheep fans hate this hire is one reason I am somewhat thinking this is may end up a good hire.

One of the best things that could happen for the MW would be for Wyoming-CSU to become good programs.  Thinking Wyoming under Wyatt, Devaney, Eaton, Roach, Tiller and CSU  under Hughes and Lubick. 

On 12/11/2019 at 9:20 PM, Fowl said:

I actually was hoping Addazio wouldn't get hired anywhere so that SDSU could hire him as OC (should Horton lose his job or leave) because he fits what Rocky wants to a T.  I like the guy and think he is a good coach.  I think he'll take CSU to bowls every year and challenge for the mountain division.

Looking back on Bobo he put a lot on his Qb's and often times had them throwing when they shouldn't and it resulted in a lot of ints which ruin a team's chances of winning a game.  Addazio at CSU will be a Rocky/Bohl-type coach where most every game will be close and if the breaks fall CSU's way they'll win, if not it'll be difficult.

How do expect a coach who has never coached west of Indiana to recruit the West?

2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

How do expect a coach who has never coached west of Indiana to recruit the West?

I've spent most of my life west of Kansas and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be much of a recruiter for a CFB team out west.  Yes, he needs to build more relationships out west and hire coaches that already have some of those relationships, but he'll be fine.  He has experience recruiting in CA and TX although I'm sure a lot of those haven't been well kept up due to the location of his last two jobs.  It's hard to recruit a CO kid to Boston, not so tough to get them to Fort Collins.  He'll recruit well here next year.  It'd be asking a lot to see that happen this year with the timeline he's got.  It's far more about the coach than the address.

14 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I've spent most of my life west of Kansas and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be much of a recruiter for a CFB team out west.  Yes, he needs to build more relationships out west and hire coaches that already have some of those relationships, but he'll be fine.  He has experience recruiting in CA and TX although I'm sure a lot of those haven't been well kept up due to the location of his last two jobs.  It's hard to recruit a CO kid to Boston, not so tough to get them to Fort Collins.  He'll recruit well here next year.  It'd be asking a lot to see that happen this year with the timeline he's got.  It's far more about the coach than the address.

I guess only time will tell.

Hiring a staff w/a heavy Western US flavor, would make me feel a lot better.

Any idea when the coaching staff will be announced?

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Im pretty sure Stanard and English are available to be your new d.c. Csu has never tried them as co d.c.

Haha.

I wonder if McCaffrey will keep English as his DC in Greeley.

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Im pretty sure Stanard and English are available to be your new d.c. Csu has never tried them as co d.c.

You take back those foul words! I'm just hoping Jancek is gone by the end of next week.

6 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

I guess only time will tell.

Hiring a staff w/a heavy Western US flavor, would make me feel a lot better.

Any idea when the coaching staff will be announced?

Supposedly by the end of this week. Maybe into the weekend?

38 minutes ago, AKram said:

Supposedly by the end of this week. Maybe into the weekend?

It should probably happen that quick.  The Dude went into the recruiting dead period today, so his next two steps are recruiting the current players and hiring the staff.  It would be great if the staff came first, but I don't think he can wait on one-on-ones with the players.  Same thing going on at UNLV I'm sure.

1 hour ago, AKram said:

You take back those foul words! I'm just hoping Jancek is gone by the end of next week.

I'm pretty sure they're all gone.  Jancek is the one I'd keep.  His guys improved.  No one else did.

Addazio recruiting CO hard. Some last minute offers on some top in-state but under recruited guys.

Gatorade  player of the year just committed in tanner Hollens. Probably getting another LB as well

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

16 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I'm pretty sure they're all gone.  Jancek is the one I'd keep.  His guys improved.  No one else did.

Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't mind keeping Jancek. The defense really started to click at the end of the year (4th quarter collapses not withstanding. They were gassed from the offense not doing anything all game).

On 12/15/2019 at 6:11 PM, Headbutt said:

I guess I'm just not sold on Jancek. If Coach Dude gives him another year, then I'll stand behind the team, but not much of a leash.

21 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

Addazio recruiting CO hard. Some last minute offers on some top in-state but under recruited guys.

Gatorade  player of the year just committed in tanner Hollens. Probably getting another LB as well

Flipped a Bowling Green TE recruit supposedly as well.

Also, I don't know for sure those were last minute offers as opposed to a last minute push on kids who already held offers.  Either way, good job.