Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

Colorado State Update

3 hours ago, Bob said:

Well "we" phucked up. Bigly.

Maybe if Addazio had taken a year or two off to recharge his batteries I would feel differently but this is a piss poor hire befitting of a piss poor AD.

Boom goes the dynamite.

If it’s any consolation to CSewe fans, I was at the 2011 Gildan New Mexico Bowl when Steve Addazio was HC for Temple. I remember walking away very impressed by the overall discipline and physicality of the Temple team....Something we had not seen very much of during the years of DC.

Get ready for some old school, hard-nosed border wars in the coming years. Should be fun to watch!

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

23 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

If it’s any consolation to CSewe fans, I was at the 2011 Gildan New Mexico Bowl when Steve Addazio was HC for Temple. I remember walking away very impressed by the overall discipline and physicality of the Temple team....Something we had not seen very much of during the years of DC.

Get ready for some old school, hard-nosed border wars in the coming years. Should be fun to watch!

I see a lot of 9-6 and 6-3 type games in the future for the Border War unless Vigen goes.  Oh the joy. 

Addazio could be solid in Fort Collins.  Like Bohl and Rocky, his ceiling will probably be limited in today's environment. 

2 hours ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

Yeah I am not jumping on the bashing the sheep wagon today.  This was a genius hire and this guy is going to toughen up those ewes and maybe even turn them into something resembling a ram.  We are going to have a fight for the boot.

I won't say this is a genius hire but CSU football will go in a drastically different direction.  CSU's inability to win under Bobo wasn't just scheme based.  We'll see what happens but I think CSU under Adazzio will become a tougher more physical team to play.  I think this hire was all about not getting beat at the line of scrimmage which was an issue under Bobo.  CSU has to get back to winning rivalry games.  Playing a tougher brand of football and controlling the line of scrimmage is what is needed vs Wyoming and Air Force.

1 minute ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I won't say this is a genius hire but CSU football will go in a drastically different direction.  CSU's inability to win under Bobo wasn't just scheme based.  We'll see what happens but I think CSU under Adazzio will become a tougher more physical team to play.  I think this hire was all about not getting beat at the line of scrimmage which was an issue under Bobo. 

We all hoped for a "genius hire", but c'mon.  That wasn't realistic on a G5 budget.  We got a P5 HC to come to The Fort at an affordable price.  RAM fans are blowing a gasket, but I think it's a solid hire.  Boston College averaged 38 penalty yards per game in 2019.  Colorado State needs that level of discipline if they're ever going to take the next step.  Boston College averaged 268 rushing yards per game in 2019, good enough for 6th in the country, and 450 YPG in total offense, good enough for 25th.  We're not going to do that at CSU right away, but those numbers would stack us up pretty well in the MWC in the W/L column.  I'm personally excited to watch the transition to the type of offense I like to watch.  Shut 'em down and grind 'em out.  Border Wars might just get really, really interesting.  Air Bobo didn't work out.  I'm liking the future.  I just hope we can get the right guy to run the defense.  If it were up to me, we'd keep Jancek and recruit to that system.

Count me as one of the very few RAM fans that's talked himself into getting excited about this hire.

1 hour ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I won't say this is a genius hire but CSU football will go in a drastically different direction.  CSU's inability to win under Bobo wasn't just scheme based.  We'll see what happens but I think CSU under Adazzio will become a tougher more physical team to play.  I think this hire was all about not getting beat at the line of scrimmage which was an issue under Bobo.  CSU has to get back to winning rivalry games.  Playing a tougher brand of football and controlling the line of scrimmage is what is needed vs Wyoming and Air Force.

I hope you’re right

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

This was pretty unexpected by me.  I didn't see him as a serious candidate at all.  Now that I'm over the shock, and have settled down a little I'm actually kind of looking forward to the Dude era.  I'm serious.  I do like the forward pass, but I was getting sick and tired of an offense that turtled up at the first sign of a snowflake.  I'm afraid we're going to struggle with the transition to a new style of offense, but I think we can become a better football program with a new approach.  As much fun as Bobo's offense was to watch at times, it certainly didn't win us a ton of games.  I'm anxious to see who he brings in as coaches and players.

I can't get myself there. Yet.

I'm holding initial judgment upon seeing how the team reacts (who transfers, leaves for DII, etc) and who, if anyone, he's able to recruit before 18 Dec. 

Bigger issue for me is what he says at the press conference about his staff. I'm still not a Jancek fan. Wasn't when he was hired. Not really now. There were changes, but not enough for me to say: Keep him around. Most important will be if he hires an OC who will calls plays or if he hires and OC who just coaches QBs while Addazio calls plays. 

Part of me hopes that Urban Meyer was able to convince Tony Alford to come over as the OC to eventually take over, but with a 5 year contract for Addazio, I see no reason that Alford would sign up for that. Not that I was pulling for Alford to become HC. I really just wanted the best we could get and I'm still not sure we did.

I gave Bobo a few years to win me over (probably a few too many) so I'll do the same for Addazio. Just not impressed now.

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

We all hoped for a "genius hire", but c'mon.  That wasn't realistic on a G5 budget.  We got a P5 HC to come to The Fort at an affordable price.  RAM fans are blowing a gasket, but I think it's a solid hire.  Boston College averaged 38 penalty yards per game in 2019.  Colorado State needs that level of discipline if they're ever going to take the next step.  Boston College averaged 268 rushing yards per game in 2019, good enough for 6th in the country, and 450 YPG in total offense, good enough for 25th.  We're not going to do that at CSU right away, but those numbers would stack us up pretty well in the MWC in the W/L column.  I'm personally excited to watch the transition to the type of offense I like to watch.  Shut 'em down and grind 'em out.  Border Wars might just get really, really interesting.  Air Bobo didn't work out.  I'm liking the future.  I just hope we can get the right guy to run the defense.  If it were up to me, we'd keep Jancek and recruit to that system.

Count me as one of the very few RAM fans that's talked himself into getting excited about this hire.

So do you think your stud freshman WR will stay now with a change in offensive philosophy?