Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

Colorado State Update

15 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I'm not going to get wound up on this until it's official.  We'll know soon, since there's a player meeting in about 10 minutes.  I'm still holding out hope that the rumors are wrong.  I doubt it, but I'm hoping.

I'm with you but Sports Illustrated is a little better at facts than Twitter. This sucks. 

12 minutes ago, AKram said:

Oh how quickly the transfer portal will light up. 

Addazio runs a tight-end heavy, big back centered, power run game. With WRs as primarily down field blockers who flash for play action chunk plays. I like what I saw from the Rams TE this year but do they have the guys on the roster for 3 TE/H-back sets? And will the WRs want to play in this offense? UW has had a hard time with WR recruiting to a power run scheme, just say’n. 

1 minute ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

Addazio runs a tight-end heavy, big back centered, power run game. With WRs as primarily down field blockers who flash for play action chunk plays. I like what I saw from the Rams TE this year but do they have the guys on the roster for 3 TE/H-back sets? And will the WRs want to play in this offense? UW has had a hard time with WR recruiting to a power run scheme, just say’n. 

I hope he realizes what CSU was doing with WRs and listens a little to Urban Meyer (who was part of the hiring process--and who liked mobile QBs and his most common play called were zone read options and fly routes). I definitely can see our WRs asking this very question and we'll find out in the next few days as to the answer. If they stick around, maybe Addazio will change up his OC calling. If they enter the transfer portal (if they can) then we'll be run heavy. I feel most for Patrick O'Brien who left Nebraska to play for Bobo's pro-style offense and now might be asked to be a Tebow-like plow forward power run guy (he's not built for that). 

7 minutes ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

Wow. He really is the Italian Craig Bohl 

Lets just hope Adazzio comes with his very own Brent Vigen.  If not, he's welcome to ours!

7 minutes ago, slappy said:

What are they paying him?

At this point, I'd rather know the buyouts since Joe Parker is involved!

Edit: 5 year deal, base $1.5 mil. $50k raises each year plus probables for games won/bowls/grades etc.

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

Wow. He really is the Italian Craig Bohl 

He’s an old OL coach. And he builds off the line. He likes unbalanced looks, but not a lot of full back at least thats what I saw at BC so like Bohl but more outside zone than Iso-runs. It all looks the same from the stands so yeah like Bohl w/o a decade of success at a lower division. 

2 minutes ago, slappy said:

I have a bet with a rams fan.  I figured under 1 million.  He was thinking 2-3 million etc.  

You lost. I edited my post to let you know.