Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

More Bay Area Racism

Wilson > Jackson, but it's close

Also, I encountered far more racism, most of it passive aggressive or veiled, in the Bay Area than I have ever encountered in 4 years in the Deep South. There's a reason BART doesn't run to Marin County after all.

46 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Saying that Jackson’s success is largely a result of pigment tone as opposed to his intellect and ability? Yes. 

I am sure I am racist but this is very similar to the blue on blue argument.

Lets Say Joe Montana wore black gloves and a black jersey while doing the same thing as Lamar Jackson with the same ball, this reporter would not be in trouble at all for pointing out that the ball would be camouflaged a little more in that instance.  In fact like the blue field argument I bet Joe Montana would be criticized for doing such a thing.

What the guy pointed out has some validity.  You have black hands against a black jersey with a dark football using what are designed to be hard to read ball handling skills.  It probably does make it slightly more difficult for a linebacker to see where the ball is going than if the guy had white hands.  Unless the guy with white hands was using a similar color ball and a similar color jersey.

Now it certainly is not the reason Lamar Jackson is a great player.

6 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I am sure I am racist but this is very similar to the blue on blue argument.

Lets Say Joe Montana wore black gloves and a black jersey while doing the same thing as Lamar Jackson with the same ball, this reporter would not be in trouble at all for pointing out that the ball would be camouflaged a little more in that instance.  In fact like the blue field argument I bet Joe Montana would be criticized for doing such a thing.

What the guy pointed out has some validity.  You have black hands against a black jersey with a dark football using what are designed to be hard to read ball handling skills.  It probably does make it slightly more difficult for a linebacker to see where the ball is going than if the guy had white hands.  Unless the guy with white hands was using a similar color ball and a similar color jersey.

Now it certainly is not the reason Lamar Jackson is a great player.

I get that. But let’s not forget this is the same community and franchise that canned Kaepernick when he got a little too uppity for their taste. @Joe from WYis right, the Bay Area is a racist cesspool. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

14 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I get that. But let’s not forget this is the same community and franchise that canned Kaepernick when he got a little too uppity for their taste. @Joe from WYis right, the Bay Area is a racist cesspool. 

All cities have a lot of racism in my experience.  California is pretty much a cesspool but it isn't unique.

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Saying that Jackson’s success is largely a result of pigment tone as opposed to his intellect and ability? Yes. 

I didn't hear what Ryan said but there's a direct quote in the article and it's quite different than you say above: 

“He’s really good at that fake, Lamar Jackson, but when you consider his dark skin with a dark football with a dark uniform, you could not see that thing,” Ryan said on air, according to the Chronicle. “I mean you literally could not see when he was in and out of the mesh point and if you’re a half step slow on him in terms of your vision forget about it, he’s out of the gate.”

Of course, I'm originally from the Bay Area so I might be "from a cesspool as bad as the Deep South."

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I didn't hear what Ryan said but there's a direct quote in the article and it's quite different than you say above: 

“He’s really good at that fake, Lamar Jackson, but when you consider his dark skin with a dark football with a dark uniform, you could not see that thing,” Ryan said on air, according to the Chronicle. “I mean you literally could not see when he was in and out of the mesh point and if you’re a half step slow on him in terms of your vision forget about it, he’s out of the gate.”

Of course, I'm originally from the Bay Area so I might be "from a cesspool as bad as the Deep South."

Yep. RacistGiantFan.

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

And of course there isn't a scintilla of racism in Boston, is there?

Not like the Bay Area.

2 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Sure dude. If you say so.

You mean like how you pretend to be some sort of objective centrist. Lol

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Of course not. Keep “Bay-splaining.” 

I don’t really give a shit about the Bay, I only lived there for four years (if you consider SJ in the Bay). And yea, you’re right, there is plenty of racism there. But I don’t see what that has to do with Tim Ryan’s comments. 

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I don’t really give a shit about the Bay, I only lived there for four years (if you consider SJ in the Bay). And yea, you’re right, there is plenty of racism there. But I don’t see what that has to do with Tim Ryan’s comments. 

I mean, I guess it could have been worse if Tim Ryan would have said something ridiculous about Jackson having an advantage of hide and seek in the dark or something along those racist lines but his comment was still completely inappropriate and unacceptable. I also believe the only reason he got suspended was because of the national exposure this got. The San Francisco Forty Nazi brass will probably give him an extravagant holiday gift just because of his comments. 

I was at brunch at a yacht club in Sausalito once. Didn't get the sense that they were fond of being around people of color.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

What the announcer did was wrong and he apologized to the team for it and was suspended. 

This thread though seems to be started by a jealous Seahawks fan though... ;)

Ahem ......

40AD4042-217A-4E9D-AC70-FE5F3E592CA0.jpeg.259ab0ff98b3c9cc825c9a7bca4be496.jpeg

19 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You mean like how you pretend to be some sort of objective centrist. Lol

For a lifelong Californian originally from the Bay Area, although I lean left, I'm quite moderate and I've never claimed to be otherwise.

Also, I not only have never asserted objectivity when it comes to Donald Trump, I've prided myself in disliking that despicable buffoon.

Boom goes the dynamite.