Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Trump’s mental state is deteriorating dangerously due to impeachment with potentially ‘catastrophic outcomes’, psychiatrists urgently warn Congress

Professionally unethical psychiatrists, it should be noted.

https://www.psychiatry.org/newsroom/goldwater-rule

7. 3. On occasion psychiatrists are asked for an opinion about an individual who is in the light of public attention or who has disclosed information about himself/herself through public media. In such circumstances, a psychiatrist may share with the public his or her expertise about psychiatric issues in general. However, it is unethical for a psychiatrist to offer a professional opinion unless he or she has conducted an examination and has been granted proper authorization for such a statement.

...APA’s initial reaction to the Fact magazine article came swiftly.

“Should you decide to publish the results of a purported ‘survey’ of psychiatric opinion on the question you have posed, the Association will take all possible measures to disavow its validity,” wrote APA Medical Director Walter Barton, M.D., in a letter to the magazine’s editors on October 1, 1964.

APA President Daniel Blain, M.D., denounced the compilation as “a hodge-podge of the personal political opinions of selected psychiatrists speaking as individuals. … The replies to the question have no scientific or medical validity whatsoever.”

Tying political partisanship to the psychiatric profession, continued Blain, “has, in effect, administered a low blow to all who would work to advance the treatment and care of the mentally ill of America.”

APA’s formal response came in 1973 with the adoption of Section 7.3 in the Principles of Medical Ethics with Annotations Especially Applicable to Psychiatry, which became known as the Goldwater Rule.

But kudos to Yahoo for not mentioning this in the article. Top flight journalisming there.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I was just going to mention that the medical field considers pop-diagnosing people they've never met or spoken with and haven't done any testing....they find that to be extremely unethical. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if someone that did that got a ton of complaints to his/her state medical board, they might take some disciplinary action. 

kat.jpg

8 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I was just going to mention that the medical field considers pop-diagnosing people they've never met or spoken with and haven't done any testing....they find that to be extremely unethical. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if someone that did that got a ton of complaints to his/her state medical board, they might take some disciplinary action. 

You’re walking a fine line here Convert. I’d bet the vast majority of people who MWCBoard “pop-diagnosis” you every time they read one of your posts. 😳

32 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

They all have to be wrong. As Trump said himself, he's a "stable genius." And Trump always tells the truth.

I always thought that meant he knew a lot about horses....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

6 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

You’re walking a fine line here Convert. I’d bet the vast majority of people who MWCBoard “pop-diagnosis” you every time they read one of your posts. 😳

Hey, don’t be so cocky, sport. With your chronic perpetual doom and gloom mentality on everything, I’m sure a lot of people here will be willing to pitch in to pay for a prescription of your favorite SSRI. Effexor would probably do the trick. 

Now if someone brings up the idea of building a new stadium, especially at Nevada, I don’t know if even God could fix that level of bizarre depressing and stupid mentality without having to go to the drawing board and just start over. 😂😂🤪🤪

kat.jpg

6 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Yahoo having an article about The Independent attacking Trump is like Breitbart having an article from Info Wars attacking Obama.

That’s the problem with you TDS wankers. Whenever a story comes out that doesn’t fit your wanker narrative, it doesn’t matter that the story could be true. Instead of being interested in the truth, you immediately go to your trademark broad dismissal of everything a particular news outlet produces. Yeah, that’s a real grown up thing to do. 😂😂😂😂😂

kat.jpg

3 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

That’s the problem with you TDS wankers. Whenever a story comes out that doesn’t fit your wanker narrative, it doesn’t matter that the story could be true. Instead of being interested in the truth, you immediately go to your trademark broad dismissal of everything a particular news outlet produces. Yeah, that’s a real grown up thing to do. 😂😂😂😂😂

Not only are you heroically not self aware (on full display again in this thread in multiple posts from you) your previously suspect ability to read and process with accuracy is further degrading for us all to see. 

Please do not seek help. 

13 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Look in a f*****g mirror. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 minute ago, Posturedoc said:

Not only are you heroically not self aware (on full display again in this thread in multiple posts from you) your previously suspect ability to read and process with accuracy is further degrading for us all to see. 

Please do not seek help. 

Quick, text your best bud sidekick big Dick and tell him “boy, check out what I just said to Convert! I really got him this time, for sure!”. 🤪🤪😂😂

There isn’t anything more predictable than you two goofballs. 

kat.jpg

17 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Quick, text your best bud sidekick big Dick and tell him “boy, check out what I just said to Convert! I really got him this time, for sure!”. 🤪🤪😂😂

There isn’t anything more predictable than you two goofballs. 

I’m sure he’ll see his way into this thread soon enough. The lure of your dimbulbery is too difficult to ignore. 

13 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

I’m sure he’ll see his way into this thread soon enough. The lure of your dimbulbery is too difficult to ignore. 

Do you not recognize the master troll genius of convert?

Just give thanks he never reads what he writes before pressing send. His entertainment value is priceless.

On 12/5/2019 at 7:25 PM, Posturedoc said:

You know that you two are texting best buddies  4ever and you gossip with each other like some of the best elderly sowing circles in the West. 

kat.jpg

3 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

You know that you two are texting best buddies  4ever and you gossip with each other like some of the best elderly sowing circles in the West. 

Whoa...you really brought the top shelf smack that time! Not sure why you need to be in a circle to plant seeds though...

Anyway, you should use that line on your sister if she ever unblocks you on facebook.