Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smltwnrckr

Thanksgiving leftover ideas a week out?

Boiling that carcass right now to make some delicious turkey soup with an old family recipe.

What are your favorite third-wave Thanksgiving leftover ideas? I'm also into turkey dinner sandwiches, where I put turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cheese and a little bit of green bean caserole between a couple slices of SLO sourdough and stick it on the foreman. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

A few things that I like

Waffle potato  surprise. 

Use your waffle iron. Use mashed potatoes and add what ever you want in them and roll into a ball place in the middle of waffle iron and close cook until the light turns green. Do not peek. Cook on one level lower than the highest setting.

Hot turkey sandwich

Heat up gravy add turkey to gravy heat through poor over top of two slices of bread and top with cranberry sauce .

Turkey pot pie

Muffin tin

Roll out Pillsbury crescent place in bottom of tin fill with turkey and gray top rolled out crescent roll and bake.  Start your cook time to what's the rolls state  make your cook time adjustments accordingly

16 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Boiling that carcass right now to make some delicious turkey soup with an old family recipe.

What are your favorite third-wave Thanksgiving leftover ideas? I'm also into turkey dinner sandwiches, where I put turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cheese and a little bit of green bean caserole between a couple slices of SLO sourdough and stick it on the foreman. 

Jeez way to open with Hendrix

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

@mugtangsays to nuke them. 

I'm also into turkey dinner sandwiches, where I put turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cheese and a little bit of green bean caserole between a couple slices of SLO sourdough and stick it on the foreman. 

This is third wave for you?

I go straight for turkey dinner sandwiches starting the next morning until everything is gone. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

I ate a stuffing sandwich yesterday. Yup, just wild rice stuffing in-between two pieces of bread

:blink:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

I ate a stuffing sandwich yesterday. Yup, just wild rice stuffing in-between two pieces of bread

Just stuffing? Or did you have some gravy in there as well? A stuffing sandwich just seems like it'd be dry.

47 minutes ago, Bob said:

I ate a stuffing sandwich yesterday. Yup, just wild rice stuffing in between two pieces of bread

Were you sitting on the couch in your underwear contemplating every life decision you've ever made? 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

I go home for lunch because my work is 4 min from my house and there wasn't jack shit in the fridge or cupboards. I had to get creative 

Image result for i'll allow it gif

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

1 hour ago, Bob said:

The stuffing is moist and I heated the stuffing. It could probably be improved upon, I'll admit 

Funny, that is my EXACT phrasing after leaving all yer mom's houses

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

This is third wave for you?

I go straight for turkey dinner sandwiches starting the next morning until everything is gone. 

Ah, the sandwich isn't third wave. I made it seem that way in the way I wrote it. For me a week out is third wave... So I do general leftovers as first wave, sandwiches second wave, and then comes the creative part. My family never did turkey soup growing up, so I'm glad I found a good recipe and we do it whenever we cook the turkey at our place now.

Not big on freezing leftovers. We don't have a lot of freezer space to throw the carcass in for the soup, though we're looking for one now. So after about a week, we're done with leftovers.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Just now, Bob said:

I wasn't aware my mom had more than one house 

communal yer, bob. What, you thought yer mom and I was exclusive!?

Turkey tamlaes. Torta de toorkee?

I prepare three things with turkey leftovers.  I like vegetable turkey soup and turkey pot pie but my absolute favorite thing with leftover turkey is to make turkey philly sandwhiches.

To make a proper turkey philly I first toast some hoagie sandwhich rolls with a little butter in a frying pan.

Next I saute red and green bell peppers and red onion in olive oil.  I've tried vegetable and Canola oil but with turkey olive oil is the most delicious.

Once the vegetables are tender I turn the heat down and place some sliced provolone cheese (I prefer non-smoked provolone) over the top and let it melt on the vegetables.

As the cheese is melting add sliced turkey to the skillet letting it soak up some of the olive oil and vegetable juice remains.  If your turkey is dry it is a must to reheat the turkey in the olive oil to avoid making a dry sandwhich.

lightly salt and pepper the vegetables and turkey

lay the sliced turkey on the hoagie roll then place the peppers and onions with melted cheese on top and serve.  It's delicious.

32 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I prepare three things with turkey leftovers.  I like vegetable turkey soup and turkey pot pie but my absolute favorite thing with leftover turkey is to make turkey philly sandwhiches.

To make a proper turkey philly I first toast some hoagie sandwhich rolls with a little butter in a frying pan.

Next I saute red and green bell peppers and red onion in olive oil.  I've tried vegetable and Canola oil but with turkey olive oil is the most delicious.

Once the vegetables are tender I turn the heat down and place some sliced provolone cheese (I prefer non-smoked provolone) over the top and let it melt on the vegetables.

As the cheese is melting add sliced turkey to the skillet letting it soak up some of the olive oil and vegetable juice remains.  If your turkey is dry it is a must to reheat the turkey in the olive oil to avoid making a dry sandwhich.

lightly salt and pepper the vegetables and turkey

lay the sliced turkey on the hoagie roll then place the peppers and onions with melted cheese on top and serve.  It's delicious.

This sounds bomb. Too bad I finished off the turkey a couple days ago or I'd have done it.

I did do a turkey buffalo sandwich with Frank's red hot and blue cheese this year, though. It was pretty good.