Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Bring the troops home!

Where's the Trump cheerleaders now? 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

12 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Rearranging narratives.  Give them a bit.  The "but Obama..."s are coming.

I wonder if this is a MEU being diverted from somewhere else.  14k is a high number to be floating around over there.

14k seems high for an MEU... I don't even think a single carrier group has even 10k troops. 

The Pentagon issued a statement denying a report claiming the United States is considering sending 14,000 more troops to the Middle East.

“This reporting by the @WSJ is wrong. The U.S. is not sending 14,000 troops to the Middle East to confront Iran,” Department of Defense spokeswoman Alyssa Farah said in a statement late Dec. 4.

After some people said the statement appeared to skirt the thrust of the report—that the U.S. was considering sending, not already sending—Farah issued an additional statement.

“To be clear, the reporting is wrong. The U.S. is not considering sending 14,000 additional troops to the Middle East,” she added.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/pentagon-denies-report-that-us-considering-14000-more-troops-for-middle-east_3165942.html

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

wazza matta you bunch a crazed left wig nut jobs?  Cat got your tongue?

Turns out something in the press about the Trump administration is wrong!  That practically never happens.

idiotz.....

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, CV147 said:

Military spending should be cut, particularly for overseas bases and operations.

We should protect our interests alone, and not act as a policeman for global stability.

Agreed 100%. The money being spent to support our bases in foreign countries could be used for badly needed infrastructure improvements around the country.  Even if they didn't cut defense spending, that money could be used to renovate our public shipyards which are in absolutely poor condition and unable to keep our fleet ready to deploy.  We could use that money on R&D to develop weapons and defense capabilities so that we wouldn't have to worry about any threats to our country.  Trump's supporters wouldn't have to have private fundraisers to build the wall anymore. There are so many things that money could be better spent on than building temporary bases in Afghaniraqia that are just getting abandoned anyway.  Billions of dollars being literally left on the ground wasting away.  Let everyone else deal with their problems, we will deal with our own. 

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

Funny how the party in the minority loves peace and diplomacy while the party in majority loves war and fear tactics and shit. Those narratives are quickly swapped with every change of power. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg