LaradiseCowboy

Mike Bobo Out

Sounds like the CSU opening is getting interest from a number of former head coaches including, Jim Mora,, Jim Leavitt, Todd Graham and Steve Sarkisian according to an article in Football Scoop.  Nick Rolovich and Jeff Tedford are also mentioned in the article.  I also wonder if Rich Rodriguez gets a look given the new University President's ties to West Virginia.  Based on Parker's comments yesterday, I think it is almost certain that CSU will hire someone with prior head coaching experience.  I can't imagine we go down the assistant coach route again.  

https://footballscoop.com/news/update-on-colorado-states-search/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CsquaredCC said:

Sounds like the CSU opening is getting interest from a number of former head coaches including, Jim Mora,, Jim Leavitt, Todd Graham and Steve Sarkisian according to an article in Football Scoop.  Nick Rolovich and Jeff Tedford are also mentioned in the article.  I also wonder if Rich Rodriguez gets a look given the new University President's ties to West Virginia.  Based on Parker's comments yesterday, I think it is almost certain that CSU will hire someone with prior head coaching experience.  I can't imagine we go down the assistant coach route again.  

https://footballscoop.com/news/update-on-colorado-states-search/

If you land Rich Rod, I'd be jealous since CSU would have some awesome offenses.

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Csu is fighting history to try and find a coach. Other than Sonny and Macelweeney, who's had success in Fort Collins since 1950?

🤔

• Like 1

Somebody has to get out ahead of the latest rumor.  I don't care what you read on the internet, Craig Bohl is not, and never has been, a legitimate candidate for the job.  I asked Joe Parker personally and he replied, "don't pay any attention to that guy, I had my secretary tell him to quit calling.".

I just wanted to clear that up in advance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Somebody has to get out ahead of the latest rumor.  I don't care what you read on the internet, Craig Bohl is not, and never has been, a legitimate candidate for the job.  I asked Joe Parker personally and he replied, "don't pay any attention to that guy, I had my secretary tell him to quit calling.".

I just wanted to clear that up in advance.

Bohl would be a misfit in Fort Collins. The #SuperiorLifestyle has no room for a closet full of Carhartt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Swoll Cracker said:

Bohl would be a misfit in Fort Collins. The #SuperiorLifestyle has no room for a closet full of Carhartt.

Don't dis my Carhartt bro!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I can honestly say I’ve never seen Bohl wear a Carhartt. Suits and ties for days though.

But yes, he has a much too rugged appeal to fit in with the #SuperiorLifestyle. That and we can clearly tell which gender he is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Joe wasnt at the basketball game last night.  I had hoped I would be able to show him my support.

The signs are pointing in a direction that CSU has already found their next coach.  I dont think they’re messing around.

Actually Joe was there... almost ran him over in the men's room

1 hour ago, RambleOn said:

Actually Joe was there... almost ran him over in the men's room

Missed him then.  

Man, hiring a new coach is always a crap shoot. There are only about 10-20 coaches in college football that are sure winners. All the others are gambles. Any good coaches in the MAC, Conf USA, or the Sun Belt that might be a good hire? Toledo seems like they are consistently good. Troy has had a good run. 

There will be big changes in the MWC next year with new coaches at CSU, UNM, UNLV, and Fresno State. Boise State could also be on that list if Harsin bails.