Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaradiseCowboy

Mike Bobo Out

Urban Meyer to CSU ain't happening.  Period, end of story.  All the claims to the contrary appear to just be pot-stirring to me.  Just folks riling up Pokes.

However, I am pretty sure that he is included in the folks advising on the search.    I'd be very happy if I could present that as a fact and not just a likely probability.  He basically started his coaching career at CSU and still has a lot of ties to the town and university.  Either way, Joe Parker has made it clear that anonymity in the search is a very high priority.  I'm enjoying the speculation, but in fact we won't know anything until it's announced.  I hope I like the announcement.

19 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Urban Meyer to CSU ain't happening.  Period, end of story.  All the claims to the contrary appear to just be pot-stirring to me.  Just folks riling up Pokes.

However, I am pretty sure that he is included in the folks advising on the search.    I'd be very happy if I could present that as a fact and not just a likely probability.  He basically started his coaching career at CSU and still has a lot of ties to the town and university.  Either way, Joe Parker has made it clear that anonymity in the search is a very high priority.  I'm enjoying the speculation, but in fact we won't know anything until it's announced.  I hope I like the announcement.

Urban Meyer may not be our next coach but he is consulting.

E093562C-2946-4ED3-9B6B-ABCBB6B4272D.jpeg

10 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Well according to the inside scoop from a very reputable CSU source (I think he has 30 CSU followers!!) Urban Meyer is a done deal!

So what do you think? Is Urban Meyer a potential candidate to take the job? What would his contract look like? Big12 invite in 2.5 years with a $10 million bonus backed by bonds from Canvas Credit Union?

Inquiring minds want to know!!

Well I'll just reiterate what Swoll and Headbutt said. He likes CSU and wants to help us find the right guy. He has been through the ranks from CSU to Bowling Green to an MWC Utah to Florida to Ohio State so he has a good idea of what type of coach is appropriate for CSU and has a lot of connections to bring them in. His coaching tree includes Tony Alford and Billy Gonzales who are both former Rams so you have to assume they're included. Anyone else, who knows? At least that's probably the most rational explanation of him being here. It's all speculation. As much as the private i's at Ramnation may try, and as entertaining as conspiracy theories can be, nobody knows whats going on. Parker is pretty good at keeping things quite over at the McGraw Center. 

12 minutes ago, colosjr said:

Well I'll just reiterate what Swoll and Headbutt said. He likes CSU and wants to help us find the right guy. He has been through the ranks from CSU to Bowling Green to an MWC Utah to Florida to Ohio State so he has a good idea of what type of coach is appropriate for CSU and has a lot of connections to bring them in. His coaching tree includes Tony Alford and Billy Gonzales who are both former Rams so you have to assume they're included. Anyone else, who knows? At least that's probably the most rational explanation of him being here. It's all speculation. As much as the private i's at Ramnation may try, and as entertaining as conspiracy theories can be, nobody knows whats going on. Parker is pretty good at keeping things quite over at the McGraw Center. 

Joe wasnt at the basketball game last night.  I had hoped I would be able to show him my support.

The signs are pointing in a direction that CSU has already found their next coach.  I dont think they’re messing around.

Just now, Swoll Cracker said:

Joe wasnt at the basketball game last night.  I had hoped I would be able to show him my support.

The signs are pointing in a direction that CSU has already found their next coach.  I dont think they’re messing around.

Then I guess the question is do you think they're moving too quickly? I don't know so honest question. This whole deal has changed JP from being "lean in" to the guy who negotiated a hell of a deal. We didn't even know if Bobo was going to be fired or if Joe was even going to stick around. Pretty crazy 24 hours. 

1 minute ago, colosjr said:

Then I guess the question is do you think they're moving too quickly? I don't know so honest question. This whole deal has changed JP from being "lean in" to the guy who negotiated a hell of a deal. We didn't even know if Bobo was going to be fired or if Joe was even going to stick around. Pretty crazy 24 hours. 

Parting with Bobo was a done deal. Losing to AFA sealed that decision. Joe has been pursuing this new head coach track for more than a few days.  Urban Meyer didnt just show up in Fort Collins out of the blue.  These meetings were scheduled once the decision was made on Bobo.  And they are on record as wanting to move fast because of the December 18 signing date. Joe is smart and wouldn’t set himself up for failure to meet that goal.  

Just now, Swoll Cracker said:

Parting with Bobo was a done deal. Losing to AFA sealed that decision. Joe has been pursuing this new head coach track for more than a few days.  Urban Meyer didnt just show up in Fort Collins out of the blue.  These meetings were scheduled once the decision was made on Bobo.  And they are on record as wanting to move fast because of the December 18 signing date. Joe is smart and wouldn’t set himself up for failure to meet that goal.  

24 hours ago I would have wondered how smart he was. Today, I'll let him do his job lol

13 hours ago, colosjr said:

Our coaching search has wyo fans riled up. You guys can relax, we're not really going for Urban Meyer. Sources tell me we're looking at Don Shula and Vince Lombardi

Another source has indicated they met with Sonny Lubbick over the weekend. He says the old coaching fires are starting to burn again.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

15 minutes ago, Bob said:

How would that be different from Bobo? A hot shot  position coach (not even an OC) with no HC experience? Yeah, rams, go for it! 

He's the associate HC(or at least was for Urban). I think he would be a good pick for them so I hope they go elsewhere.

Sounds like the CSU opening is getting interest from a number of former head coaches including, Jim Mora,, Jim Leavitt, Todd Graham and Steve Sarkisian according to an article in Football Scoop.  Nick Rolovich and Jeff Tedford are also mentioned in the article.  I also wonder if Rich Rodriguez gets a look given the new University President's ties to West Virginia.  Based on Parker's comments yesterday, I think it is almost certain that CSU will hire someone with prior head coaching experience.  I can't imagine we go down the assistant coach route again.  

https://footballscoop.com/news/update-on-colorado-states-search/

1 hour ago, CsquaredCC said:

Sounds like the CSU opening is getting interest from a number of former head coaches including, Jim Mora,, Jim Leavitt, Todd Graham and Steve Sarkisian according to an article in Football Scoop.  Nick Rolovich and Jeff Tedford are also mentioned in the article.  I also wonder if Rich Rodriguez gets a look given the new University President's ties to West Virginia.  Based on Parker's comments yesterday, I think it is almost certain that CSU will hire someone with prior head coaching experience.  I can't imagine we go down the assistant coach route again.  

https://footballscoop.com/news/update-on-colorado-states-search/

If you land Rich Rod, I'd be jealous since CSU would have some awesome offenses.

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Csu is fighting history to try and find a coach. Other than Sonny and Macelweeney, who's had success in Fort Collins since 1950?

🤔

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor