Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Agent Orange/Blue

MWC Conference Awards

Congrats to Rolovich for coach of the year.  No disrespect to Hawaii and Coach Rolovich, but what does Harsin have to do to get coach of the year?  Let's see, this year he endured the mess in Florida (moving the FSU game and time) and came back to defeat FSU; had Oline injuries; running back injuries; quarterback injuries; defensive back injuries; and other player injuries that would have stymied most teams and yet, the Broncos are 11-1 going into their third consecutive championship game (not the first, not the second but the third consecutive game).  I know the bar is set pretty high for him and yet he hits the bar year after year.  Just curious.  

3 minutes ago, Spazdog said:

Congrats to Rolovich for coach of the year.  No disrespect to Hawaii and Coach Rolovich, but what does Harsin have to do to get coach of the year?  Let's see, this year he endured the mess in Florida (moving the FSU game and time) and came back to defeat FSU; had Oline injuries; running back injuries; quarterback injuries; defensive back injuries; and other player injuries that would have stymied most teams and yet, the Broncos are 11-1 going into their third consecutive championship game (not the first, not the second but the third consecutive game).  I know the bar is set pretty high for him and yet he hits the bar year after year.  Just curious.  

Not have his players almost sweep the rest of the awards.  Guarantee that was a consideration (and he probably would have it that way too if he had to pick).

4 minutes ago, HiCountryCowboy said:

Not have his players almost sweep the rest of the awards.  Guarantee that was a consideration (and he probably would have it that way too if he had to pick).

It shouldn't matter, the best player & coach should get the honors!!  With those players Boise State was one of the best teams in the MWC this year.  Harsin gets screwed again!!!!  At least they got the OPOY right.

down in a hole.jpg

Harsin since coming back to Boise in 2014 (60-16).

MWCOY coaching records since that year in their award winning season (58-21)

Only Rocky Long in 2015 had more wins.

2019 9-4 Rolo - Harsin 11-1

2018 10-2 Wells - Harsin 10-3

2017 10-4 Tedford - Harsin 11-3

2016 8-6 Bohl - Harsin 10-3

2015 11-3 Long - Harsin 9-4

2014 10-2 McElwain - Harsin 12-2

1 hour ago, Spazdog said:

Bro,  do you even mwcboard? Harsin is mediocre at best,  with what he has should be winning cotton bowls every year.  He only won 5 games by week 5! Chronic underachiever

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Rolo wins on Saturday then it's a good pick...but Harsin juggled 3 QB's, lost his starting Mike, S and RB and had a new DC.  Rolo lost 2 conference games in the weaker half of the conference this year. AF boat raced them.  Yes, Hawaii had the big turnaround returning 19 starters....

I don't mind Coach Rolovich getting the award.  Not at all. Hawaii's had a great year.  Jumping from 3rd place in 2018 to 1st place in the West is commendable.  Maybe that's it.  BSU didn't move up in the standings because they won the Mountain Division and is hosting the third conference championship in 3 years.  The challenges with the QB situation, all the confusion and obstacles with the Florida State game, all of the injuries that BSU has endured and yet here we are again, playing for the championship.  I think this is his best year coaching.  And yet, it seems like winning the division is the expectation of the conference and the press and thus, not as notable as the jumping from third to first in the West.  

Good for Josh. Despite a few rough losses late, dude ended the season on a couple high notes... winning drive into the wind in a rivalry game, and a well earned OPOY.

Two years ago, I thought he was garbage. Dude proved everyone wrong, including a lot of spartan fans. May be my favorite sjsu qb ever, just cuz how far he came.

I hope he gets at least a shot at the next level. He may not be a good enough athlete, but hopefully he gets a couple looks. 

Also, I remember getting some lol's when insaid before this season that if he stays upright he'll be one of the best QBs in the conference.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

I've said once and will say it again: losing to byu is like three losses that is why Harsin didn't get it.

Using that logic Rocky Long should win it because the Aztecs were the only MWC team to beat ybu.