Bob

CSU - Is Bobo Staying or Leaving?

They would have fired him already if that’s what they were going to do. He’s staying 

12 minutes ago, Warbow said:

They would have fired him already if that’s what they were going to do. He’s staying 

Yep.  Can’t afford another buy out or law suit.  Stick it out Rams.  

He is already out on the recruiting trail down south. I doubt they would allow him to recruit if they were going to fire him. It would be a waste of money.

I think I saw something on twitter about his buyout going down by a large amount after Jan 1st. They won't wait that long to fire him will they? Esspecially since the buyout has offset clauses and Bobo will get another job somewhere.

3 hours ago, Bob said:

Official? 

Not yet.  Rumors of a team meeting this afternoon.

15 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Not yet.  Rumors of a team meeting this afternoon.

Sounds spicy 

I have mixed feelings about Bobo. I want CSU to experience maximum suckitude for as long as possible and I'm torn whether firing Bobo would accomplish that. A new coach for CSU likely means a rebuild and CSU will suck for at least a couple more seasons, whereas retaining Bobo would only maybe ensure CSU sucking. I saw the bones of a good team this last year and it seems like Bobo is on the cusp of having some killer teams, which I definitely don't want. If Bobo just continues losing that ensures CSU sucking longer and delays the rebuilding process. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what transpires. 

Retaining Bobo would have came at a cost for CSU and Bobo had to go due to not only no bowl game but record against AF, CU, and Wyoming.

I can say that beating Nebraska last year and this year did take out some of the sting towards 5-7 seasons.  If CU had lost to Nebraska both times, CU fans would have been collectively bitter.

The new coach has a good chance for a bowl season next year and that should help with recruiting.  That is what CU did with hiring Tucker as the coach although the Buffs fell short of a bowl game thanks to close losses against AF, Arizona, and USC all at home.

2 hours ago, Warbow said:

This post aged poorly.

33 minutes ago, Bob said:

Sounds spicy 

I have mixed feelings about Bobo. I want CSU to experience maximum suckitude for as long as possible and I'm torn whether firing Bobo would accomplish that. A new coach for CSU likely means a rebuild and CSU will suck for at least a couple more seasons, whereas retaining Bobo would only maybe ensure CSU sucking. I saw the bones of a good team this last year and it seems like Bobo is on the cusp of having some killer teams, which I definitely don't want. If Bobo just continues losing that ensures CSU sucking longer and delays the rebuilding process. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what transpires. 

There is definitely talent on our roster. Excited to see what a new coach can do. Last year and this year their talent was not at their win level.

2 hours ago, tspoke said:

I think I saw something on twitter about his buyout going down by a large amount after Jan 1st. They won't wait that long to fire him will they? Esspecially since the buyout has offset clauses and Bobo will get another job somewhere.

The settlement reached was for Coach Bobo’s salary through the end of the year, then $600K per year for the next three years.  A total  of $1.82M rather than the $5.5M that was in the contract.  Coach Bobo already has offers and I’m pretty sure the settlement was low so that Bobo could pursue those other offers without worrying about any financial offset.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Just now, Bob said:

Your AD needs some ecaema  lotion. 

I’ll be sure to tell him when i see him at the basketball game tonight.