Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

battle.borne

Tony Sanchize

As a Nevada fan it pains me to admit The Sanchize will forever own a 3-2 record against the "school up north."  What are UNLV fans hearing about his next move? Will he link up as a D1?

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

1 hour ago, battle.borne said:

As a Nevada fan it pains me to admit The Sanchize will forever own a 3-2 record against the "school up north."  What are UNLV fans hearing about his next move? Will he link up as a D1?

He's thought of very well in coaching circles from what I've been told. I think he will land on his feet as a position coach at a P5 school.

1 hour ago, battle.borne said:

I think he will be a recruiter somewhere.   Big jump from high school coach to P5 assistant.  If his stop in Vegas showed us anything it was that he isn’t a big technical/scheme guy.  He is more a salesman and a cheer leader.  A solid coaching staff that could teach him the game would be a good land for him. 

8 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

He's thought of very well in coaching circles from what I've been told. I think he will land on his feet as a position coach at a P5 school.

What position? I don't really know anything about him. Was he a Defense or Offense guy?

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

I wish my employer would give me 500k to stay away from the shop.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

18 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

I wish my employer would give me 500k to stay away from the shop.

Charlie Weis took home nearly $19M when he was fired for incompetence by the Domers. WHAT A RACKET!!

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

What position? I don't really know anything about him. Was he a Defense or Offense guy?

He was a wide receiver in college. I believe his first job was coaching that unit as a grad assistant at NMSU (his alma mater).

2 hours ago, slappy said:

I think he will be a recruiter somewhere.   Big jump from high school coach to P5 assistant.  If his stop in Vegas showed us anything it was that he isn’t a big technical/scheme guy.  He is more a salesman and a cheer leader.  A solid coaching staff that could teach him the game would be a good land for him. 

First off HS coaches go to be P5 assistants all the time. 

Second, Sanchez has been a D1 HC for 5 years. He has experience running a program, fundraising, staff hiring, recruiting and coaching. He was also a position coach at the FBS level before he was a HS HC. He also played WR at NMSU for 2 years. Saying he needs a staff to teach him the game is an insult.

5 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Second, Sanchez has been a D1 HC for 5 years. He has experience running a program, fundraising, staff hiring, recruiting and coaching. He was also a position coach at the FBS level before he was a HS HC. He also played WR at NMSU for 2 years. Saying he needs a staff to teach him the game is an insult.

5 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

I would guess WR or DB's. But I think he would be outstanding as a recruiting coordinator. 

So we agree he is a recruiter at the college level.

Like I said, he could use some time learning under a knowledgeable coach.  Sorry you think that is an insult.  But it is the truth.  With out some time learning from a quality coach he will have zero chance at another college hc gig.  Promise.  

2 hours ago, slappy said:

So we agree he is a recruiter at the college level.

Like I said, he could use some time learning under a knowledgeable coach.  Sorry you think that is an insult.  But it is the truth.  With out some time learning from a quality coach he will have zero chance at another college hc gig.  Promise.  

It isn't the truth, it is your opinion. I've actually sat down and talked football with Sanchez. Have you? 

8 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

It might be an insult, but it also happens to be the truth. Todd Dodge 2.0

1 minute ago, Rebelbacker said:

It isn't the truth, it is your opinion. I've actually sat down and talked football with Sanchez. Have you? 

Ok

If after sitting down and talking football with him you were so impressed that you think he would make a good recruiting coordinator?   

Really    He must of been impressive

2 minutes ago, slappy said:

Ok

If after sitting down and talking football with him you were so impressed that you think he would make a good recruiting coordinator?   

Really    He must of been impressive

Lots of former HC's get quality control jobs, analyst jobs and recruiting coordinator jobs. I'm not saying that's his ceiling. Getting a P5 job is as much political and who you know as much as how much you know. 

9 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Lots of former HC's get quality control jobs, analyst jobs and recruiting coordinator jobs. I'm not saying that's his ceiling. Getting a P5 job is as much political and who you know as much as how much you know. 

That's a mouth full.

It appeared to me that Sanchez is respected amongst others HCs. His downfall at Vegas was thinking he put together a good staff and being a bit too loyal to make changes sooner. (As I typed that, I in the Spartan school that wants our DC replaced. It appears that CBB is like Sanchez with loyalty.)

10 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Did Sanchez ever get many players from Gorman? Don't they have quite a few D1 players every year? I thought that would be a huge pipeline, and maybe it was, just asking?

24 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Did Sanchez ever get many players from Gorman? Don't they have quite a few D1 players every year? I thought that would be a huge pipeline, and maybe it was, just asking?

A few. More than we did previously, but not as many as hoped for. Those hopes were probably unrealistic though.