Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Fresno State

People will be pumping those Hutson hype brakes early this year.

What a difference a few players can make to an entire team.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

People will be pumping those Hutson hype brakes early this year.

What a difference a few players can make to an entire team.

I always thought Terry was a good coach....got some pretty decent talent to Fresno too.

Hutson is just like Rice, he doesn't have the personality to be a head coach...very soft-spoken and meek.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

8 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

I always thought Terry was a good coach....got some pretty decent talent to Fresno too.

Hutson is just like Rice, he doesn't have the personality to be a head coach...very soft-spoken and meek.

Terry peaked at Fresno. From barely 11-13 wins 1st 2 years to consistent 20+ win seasons.

His goal is P5 money. If he sat and baked in Fresno he'd eventually be where Hutson is now probably with a down year and no teams would look at him.

Instead, go to shitty UTEP, rebuild that mess and he has 2 mid-major turn arounds on his resume.

36 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Pass up the wide open 3 to dribble it around and throw up a prayer?? Lol these guys are poorly coached

I don’t really think that has anything to do with coaching. No coach would tell them to turn down the shots.

WTF is up with Jonah Antonio??

With Mitrou-Long out we are really gonna struggle to get points up. Need Antonio back and aggressive. I don't care if he shoots 15 3's a game.

Hamilton with 21-14-4  5 offensive boards too.

Kid is really coming alive his 2nd year. Still little mistakes, but his confidence is getting there.

Nice to see him starting to look like what we all kinda expected.

The core on this team is good and luckily for us, all should be back next year.

26 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

WTF is up with Jonah Antonio??

With Mitrou-Long out we are really gonna struggle to get points up. Need Antonio back and aggressive. I don't care if he shoots 15 3's a game.

Antonio with hand issues. Was supposed to be back but I don’t think TJO is rushing him back. 

Coleman had a good game off the bench, needs to better on D. Blair with some offensive rebounding. There were little contributors all over. 

The only player I didn’t like on the floor was Dembele, I’m sure he’s a good kid, teammate, gives it all he’s got...BUT he’s making too many mistakes and allowed himself to be out of position by getting pushed around. 

This was a battle of 2 teams still trying to figure out who they are, what they are trying to do and who can hit a shot... consistently. I liked what I saw tonight with Tillman, and Hamilton. They both stepped up to pickup the slack from Mitrou-Long being out.

Sometimes a team needs to get punched in the mouth to wake up. These guys have definitely taken some body shots over these past few overtime games and are showing some fight to at least take these games into overtime.

The previous overtime games were all against quality opponents. Tonight we were fortunate to go up against a team in similar circumstances and we came out on top barely. I believe that this tough early schedule we have this year will pay dividends as the season progresses. It isn’t pretty but the construction process seldom is.

2 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

This was a battle of 2 teams still trying to figure out who they are, what they are trying to do and who can hit a shot... consistently. I liked what I saw tonight with Tillman, and Hamilton. They both stepped up to pickup the slack from Mitrou-Long being out.

Sometimes a team needs to get punched in the mouth to wake up. These guys have definitely taken some body shots over these past few overtime games and are showing some fight to at least take these games into overtime.

The previous overtime games were all against quality opponents. Tonight we were fortunate to go up against a team in similar circumstances and we came out on top barely. I believe that this tough early schedule we have this year will pay dividends as the season progresses. It isn’t pretty but the construction process seldom is.

Yet Smith took a lesser talented team farther his first year... Burger and Hut (2nd year) are shitting the bed.

14 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

Two teams sitting in the bowels of the conference whom I had high hopes for.... Such a shame. Both look bad and are bringing everything down.

I knew the dogs were going to have a down year. 5 freshman and 4 sophomores. Not the biggest fans of our 3 seniors(Grimes, Blackwell, Williams) in terms of leadership and acting like a senior. We’ll be lucky to go over .500 this year. Our young guys have raw talent though. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

I knew the dogs were going to have a down year. 5 freshman and 4 sophomores. Not the biggest fans of our 3 seniors(Grimes, Blackwell, Williams) in terms of leadership and acting like a senior. We’ll be lucky to go over .500 this year. Our young guys have raw talent though. 

the bigs schools do it with youngs.... both of these are pathetic