Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

Harsin, Leach mentioned as candidates for Ole Miss job

9 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

$4 million per year plus $750k if he stays through next year.  He was 4th in the PAC-12 but maybe now moves up to 3rd with Petersen moving on (not sure what Lake will make).

Top 30 salary in the country - didn't know Wazzu had that kind of cash.

They don’t have that kind of cash. They are spending like a drunk sailer in an attempt to prove what? 

On 12/4/2019 at 8:28 AM, happycamper said:

...?? It's not like this is North Dakota. Pullman is warmer than any Mountain team outside of New Mexico and has more consistent weather as well. For that matter, I figured that Paul Roach and Joe Tiller would have put paid to the idea that a pass heavy offense would be impacted by climate in college football. The season just ends too early.

I was alluding to wind but if I'm wrong about that, I stand corrected.

Boom goes the dynamite.

11 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I was alluding to wind but if I'm wrong about that, I stand corrected.

Eh. Pullman is no Laramie in that regard.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

Only a 1 year extension, with no raise.  Just a 1 time retention bonus after 2020.  If someone really wants him, this wont deter them much more.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

$4 million per year plus $750k if he stays through next year.  He was 4th in the PAC-12 but maybe now moves up to 3rd with Petersen moving on (not sure what Lake will make).

If WSU ever loses him they will go back to being a doormat. Pullman is an extremely difficult place to win, and they need someone like Leach who runs a unique system to be successful.

1 hour ago, RSF said:

Only a 1 year extension, with no raise.  Just a 1 time retention bonus after 2020.  If someone really wants him, this wont deter them much more.

I was looking at it more from the perspective of the folks who would like to see WSU part ways with him. This is at least a vote of confidence in the relationship from the school. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

6 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

6 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

They don’t have that kind of cash. They are spending like a drunk sailer in an attempt to prove what? 

$65+ million in revenue last year, which is  last in the Pac 12 but more than anyone in the MWC.

They have been running large deficits due to major facility upgrades in an attempt to keep up with the "Jones'"

7 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

The likes of CU and Utah have athletic budgets between $90 to $100 million and have at least broken even.  Ditto for most of the Pac-12 maybe except for Oregon State & WSU.  Those two were banking on a nice payday from the P12N that didn't materialize.

Utah is going to do a capital project at RES and CU is not having problems meeting the bond payments on that $200M project at Folsom Field.