Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

Harsin, Leach mentioned as candidates for Ole Miss job

I'm sure Harsin is having his agent insert him into these races to see what his value is for negotiations with AD Curt Apsey.

Harsin is making about $1.8 million per year.  These jobs are in the $3-5 million range.  Petersen made $2.2 million in 2013 at Boise.  If Boise wins this weekend and Memphis loses - I could see Harsin getting a bump into the high $2 millions with his second NY6 appearance.  More importantly though - the assistant coaching pool needs raised so we can keep good coordinators.

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Would love to see the young Archie Manning play for Leach at Ole Miss.

That is Cooper’s boy right? Don’t they call him Arch? Still two or three years before he’s playing college ball. 

16 minutes ago, (wyo)Ming the Merciless said:

That is Cooper’s boy right? Don’t they call him Arch? Still two or three years before he’s playing college ball. 

You're right.  He is only a HS freshman.  

He does reportedly have an offer from Ole Miss already though.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2023/arch-manning-253401

Guest #1Stunner
4 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ole-miss-coaching-candidates-mike-norvell-mike-leach-skip-holtz-lead-replacements-for-matt-luke/

I'm sure these were just pulled out of Dodd's ass, but anyway.  That seems like a dead end job in that division.

Mike Leach probably needs out of Wazzu.

Seems like he is sick of the place, and ready to move on.

5 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ole-miss-coaching-candidates-mike-norvell-mike-leach-skip-holtz-lead-replacements-for-matt-luke/

I'm sure these were just pulled out of Dodd's ass, but anyway.  That seems like a dead end job in that division.

No way is Ole Miss a dead end job, that is reserved for Arkansas. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

For someone who lived in Lubbock, I seriously doubt it and I do not find you credible with Pac-12 information from what I have seen you post about the Pac-12.  Just stick with WCC stuff.

WSU has been facing state mandated budget cuts in light of the athletic department being in the red for awhile due to the suite boxes being built at Martin Stadium and that is what will probably force Leach to move out of Pullman.  WSU will probably do what Leach wants because they really would crash and burn in the Pac-12 without Leach.  Leach's agent is well aware of this fact.  This probably will be the norm for at least a few more years until the next Pac-12 media rights are more better known internally.  Given that contraction is the popular realignment word these days, WSU can't afford to let Leach go.

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

The Palouse isn't exactly prime territory to run an offense like Leach's. Not exactly his kind of weather either since he has lived for years in Florida in the off-season. So I agree that Ole Miss might make some sense for The Pirate.

Boom goes the dynamite.

15 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

The Palouse isn't exactly prime territory to run an offense like Leach's. Not exactly his kind of weather either since he has lived for years in Florida in the off-season. So I agree that Ole Miss might make some sense for The Pirate.

...?? It's not like this is North Dakota. Pullman is warmer than any Mountain team outside of New Mexico and has more consistent weather as well. For that matter, I figured that Paul Roach and Joe Tiller would have put paid to the idea that a pass heavy offense would be impacted by climate in college football. The season just ends too early.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

$4 million per year plus $750k if he stays through next year.  He was 4th in the PAC-12 but maybe now moves up to 3rd with Petersen moving on (not sure what Lake will make).

Top 30 salary in the country - didn't know Wazzu had that kind of cash.