Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise fans talking of declining the Las Vegas Bowl.

24 minutes ago, happycamper said:

If you start declining bowl invites because as conference champion you are too good for the bowl that is for your conference's champion you will be the laughingstock of college football, you'll probably cause the MW to lose a bowl game, and you'll also likely invite hefty fees. What, do you think the Vegas Bowl would let the best rated, highest draw team just walk?

I know in the past the Vegas bowl was not required to take the conference champ and the conference champ also had more wiggle room.  This was changed in 2016 IIRC.  Now it is pretty cut and dry.  The Vegas bowl absolutely gets first pick.  If the Cheeze it bowl is in play, it selects second, after the Vegas Bowl.  Here is a nifty graph

Bowl Synopsis

image.png

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Declining a bowl game with a 12-1 record would be a terrible look for recruits as well.

I thought it was a joke.  

No 12-1 team stays home.  Talk about punishing your seniors.  At the end of the day seniors deserve it.  They earned it and hopefully a degree.  Glad folks with some common sense run college athletics.  

19 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

I could not possible care less which bowl we play in. I want to win the conference championship. That's all I care about. And we have a chance to do just that. As for which bowl...I just don't care.

That was always goal #1.  Anything else is gravy if we beat Hawaii.

2 hours ago, Zbagint said:

If we're talking shitty Boise State fan forums, OBNUG is absolute trash. The hardcore homerism that BC used to have, except 90% of the comments are stupid inside jokes and no one actually talks about football

OBNUG before being bought out by SBNation and the split with BroncoNationNews was a pretty solid community with some really great posters.  But since then has tried to transform to a media thing with a comment section.  In my opinion it is just the writing that has gone downhill and become too cheesy.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What are you guys hearing about the LA bowl?  Anything we (the MWC) may consider positive?

The MWC has come through a few times with multiple really good teams at the top.  Namely 2014 and last year. Had we run the MWC table and CCG last year we likely are knocking at about 12.  The problem is no teams can really churn out top 25 seasons consistently aside from Boise, and Boise just barely so.  A lot more quality depth in the middle this year though. 

2020 in the new Rams/Chargers stadium against the P12. Not sure what seeding but I would imagine it falls in line with the current Vegas bowl seeding.

I don’t think LA in the winter is a bad gig.

19 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

OBNUG before being bought out by SBNation and the split with BroncoNationNews was a pretty solid community with some really great posters.  But since then has tried to transform to a media thing with a comment section.  In my opinion it is just the writing that has gone downhill and become too cheesy.

I like OBNUG for the first year or so.  

For those who are unaware or newbies to the board, @utenation is my Snotty. I’m his Booger. I was nothing before him. He took me under his wing and taught me everything. I will always refer to him as “Master.”@RogueStout can testify to this.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Yeah I was never a fan of their joke articles like anagrams and their weird blog bets. They do have recruiting roundup which I haven't seen anywhere else but there's just no decent comment section which brings longevity for any visit to a sports site

55 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I like OBNUG for the first year or so.  

OBNUG used to be pretty good...

Game chats were fun, until a bunch of users started getting sandy vag issues...

New-Signature.jpg

You all know Boise State hasn't even qualified for the Vegas Bowl and the way the team has been playing this year there is a real chance the won't have to worry about it.

18 minutes ago, BSUFan said:

You all know Boise State hasn't even qualified for the Vegas Bowl and the way the team has been playing this year there is a real chance the won't have to worry about it.

If they were playing a decent squad in the ccg you would have a point. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

Just now, boisewitha-s said:

If they were playing a decent squad in the ccg you would have a point. 

Like San Jose, Colorado State, Wyoming.

So after a full day of work, I come back and this thread has gone into 6 different directions in only 5 pages.
This board would make an interesting case study of...something.

I remember Broncomare posting before. But I got scared when she asked Mugtang to assault her? IDK
I do know this board does not have IanFor2 and Spy arguing all the time.
But you do have that one weird Reno fan. Not mug, but the one who will say anything to anybody...Not good.

If you really want to improve the board.
For God's sake JEFFKILLS, please reduce your picture size!!!

Regarding Baby Yoda, my daughter figured it out.
He's a Yodashian.

Regarding our bowl game, I am not concerned. Every time we have a really good squad that is about to get shafted for a bowl game, we either get a good opponent or somebody else swoops down with an offer we can't refuse. Let's not sweat our back-up bowl plans and just worry about the things we can control:

Cincy beating Memphis! Lol!

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

For those who are unaware or newbies to the board, @utenation is my Snotty. I’m his Booger. I was nothing before him. He took me under his wing and taught me everything. I will always refer to him as “Master.”@RogueStout can testify to this.

You passed me up many moons ago.  10 X more creative.  And your sarcasm meter is off the charts. I’m good for the occasional witty comeback but I put the  battle axe away a long time ago. 

This board has everything. Entertainment and good discussions.