Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise fans talking of declining the Las Vegas Bowl.

https://247sports.com/college/boise-state/board/103542/contents/Should-BSU-Play-in-the-Famous-Potato-Bowl-Instead-of-Las-Vegas-139606091/?page=5

Some good stuff in this thread.  Leaps in logic like Boise being too good for a 5 or 6 loss Pac 12 team and the Vegas bowl match up is insulting, but also they could beat Boise and that would look bad so it is better to just not play.

Lol 0.003% of budget.  Somebody doesn't know how percentages work. That would be a 5 billion dollar budget.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Btw is you ballon still punctured? Did you not know that 3.3 million is o.oo33 percent of 328 million,  and not of 100 billion. Man this guy is like that UCLA poster we had

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

Btw is you ballon still punctured? Did you not know that 3.3 million is o.oo33 percent of 328 million,  and not of 100 billion. Man this guy is like that UCLA poster we had

There are some really solid posters there.  Jojobro, Grandjean and Boisejarhead are among the best I have encountered anywhere.  It's too bad they do not post here where the level of sports dialogue is incredibly high once you get used to the nuance, board culture and our own special guests.  The amount of just horrible takes one gets inundated with casually lurking is bad enough without those same posters having a tenuous grasp of English, numbers and the world around them.

1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

BroncoCountry is the perfect case study on how to ruin a successful message board. It’s the same 8 people talking to each other with the occasional random drop in.

Not so much a good old boys club these days.  They still have the super double secret board that is hidden from everybody but the club.  It kind of did a 180.  Instead of being homerific to the extreme it is now so negative it is hard to read.

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

There are some really solid posters there.  Jojobro, Grandjean and Boisejarhead are among the best I have encountered anywhere.  It's too bad they do not post here where the level of sports dialogue is incredibly high once you get used to the nuance, board culture and our own special guests.  The amount of just horrible takes one gets inundated with casually lurking is bad enough without those same posters having a tenuous grasp of English, numbers and the world around them.

As someone that frequents and enjoys both boards, the dialogue is WAY better over there. That topic you posted in was probably one of the worst I've seen over there and admittedly, you contributed to a bit of that. This board has some really good posters and the lack of moderation makes it different in both a good and a bad way. The good being that there are way more posters and more freedom to go against the grain. The bad being there is like 10 idiots here who don't have the slightest idea of how to have a civil conversation and you get topics with 5 straight pages of low IQ morons insulting each other's moms. That board is way better than it used to be, but if anything I would still say the problem there is the incredibly thin-skinned posters that short circuit if you ever say anything negative about the program and claim every negative poster is a secret troll/Vandal fan

Honestly, I like the idea way better than Vegas' not at the Tater Bowl, obviously, although .... playing the bowl at the higher rated team’s field, would be pretty cool....

Come on down to the Blue, this year...

Yep, I like it...
We should totally just play the AAC #2, when we don’t get an access bowl - play the games with home field advantage..

I’d love to put 50 on a Pee6 team!!

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, Zbagint said:

As someone that frequents and enjoys both boards, the dialogue is WAY better over there. That topic you posted in was probably one of the worst I've seen over there and admittedly, you contributed to a bit of that. This board has some really good posters and the lack of moderation makes it different in both a good and a bad way. The good being that there are way more posters and more freedom to go against the grain. The bad being there is like 10 idiots here who don't have the slightest idea of how to have a civil conversation and you get topics with 5 straight pages of low IQ morons insulting each other's moms. That board is way better than it used to be, but if anything I would still say the problem there is the incredibly thin-skinned posters that short circuit if you ever say anything negative about the program and claim every negative poster is a secret troll/Vandal fan

Lol, the dialogue here blows away any other team board in the conference, you just have to wade through the personalities.  I classed that thread up, calling dumb posts dumb is a good thing.  The place has been insanely negative considering we are in the middle of an 11-1 season.  Bronco Country is as good as any other homer board in this conference outside of Hawaii's but the MWCboard is the champagne of message boards with its own culture 

Ok I tried reading that thread but could not get past the first page. The fact that people act like it is a given that we are going to beat Hawai'i is bad enough, but people saying we should decline all Bowl invitations that aren't the Cotton or the Fiesta (where did these people even get the idea that would ever be on the table?) and just stay home because of the risk of losing to a 6-6 PAC team, man. I remember why I don't go there.

Surprisingly my PC auto filled my login and P/W and it worked. I haven't been there in years.  

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Broncocountry seems to have died. The sense of humor disappeared. The negativity doesn't bother me. The absolute homerism does.

What kills me is the BB board. This board knows basketball. Bronco fan knows nothing of BB. It's bad.

The freedom of this board keeps things in check. It actually adds humor. Unfortunately, I don't understand half the stuff being posted here. I'm not smart enough. :(

But anybody can bond over trashing UNLV! :)

3 minutes ago, slappy said:

Still worried about big sky teams over there

Yeah I never understood the obsession with Idaho. Yeah I know something something happened in the 80s but the Vandals are completely irrelevant and not even in the same subdivision. It would be like Patriots fans trash talking XFL teams

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lol, the dialogue here blows away any other team board in the conference, you just have to wade through the personalities.  I classed that thread up, calling dumb posts dumb is a good thing.  The place has been insanely negative considering we are in the middle of an 11-1 season.  Bronco Country is as good as any other homer board in this conference outside of Hawaii's but the MWCboard is the champagne of message boards with its own culture 

I guess we'll agree to disagree because it's  all a matter of perspective. But I've lurked here for years and there are topics that just devolve into pissing matches and from an outside perspective, I don't really give a shit about someone's petty online beef. A little bit of trolling can be fun, but most of the people I'm referring to never really added anything to any conversation .Thankfully, the vast majority of them don't seem to post here anymore.