Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Chris Petersen Steps Down As Washington Head Coach

7 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

A Petersen and Moore coaching combo at the college level would be lethal. Your school could only dream about such a coaching juggernaut.

Petersen is a terrible head coach and Boise deserved better, just ask your fanbase. Glad you got rid of him. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

5 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Petersen is a terrible head coach and Boise deserved better, just ask your fanbase. Glad you got rid of him. 

Belichick or bust for Boise.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

6 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

What's cute?

You really think that Chris Petersen would take an OC job under a guy, when he's got the better resume?

Gary Patterson has struggled in the Big12 (only 3 above .500 conference records out of 8 seasons)

COACH CHRIS

Head coaching record[edit]

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°
Boise State Broncos (Western Athletic Conference) (2006–2010)
2006 Boise State 13–0 8–0 1st W Fiesta 6 5
2007 Boise State 10–3 7–1 2nd L Hawaii    
2008 Boise State 12–1 8–0 1st L Poinsettia 13 11
2009 Boise State 14–0 8–0 1st W Fiesta 4 4
2010 Boise State 12–1 7–1 T–1st W Maaco 7 9
Boise State Broncos (Mountain West Conference) (2011–2013)
2011 Boise State 12–1 6–1 2nd W Maaco 6 8
2012 Boise State 11–2 7–1 T–1st W Maaco 14 18
2013 Boise State 8–4 6–2 2nd (Mountain) Hawaii*    
Boise State: 92–12 57–6 * Petersen resigned before bowl game
Washington Huskies (Pac-12 Conference) (2014–2019)
2014 Washington 8–6 4–5 3rd (North) L Cactus    
2015 Washington 7–6 4–5 4th (North) W Heart of Dallas    
2016 Washington 12–2 8–1 1st (North) L Peach 4 4
2017 Washington 10–3 7–2 T–1st (North) L Fiesta 15 16
2018 Washington 10–4 7–2 T–1st (North) L Rose 13 13
2019 Washington 7–5 4–5 T–2nd (North)      
Washington: 54–26 34–20  
Total: 146–38  
      National championship         Conference title         Conference division title or championship game berth

At Boise, he finished second three times.

Three sub 10 win seasons at UW.

pffffft.  Fairly pedestrian if you ask me.

sloth yawn GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

4 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

At Boise, he finished second three times.

Three sub 10 win seasons at UW.

pffffft.  Fairly pedestrian if you ask me.

sloth yawn GIF

What else did he do at Boise? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

My contacts are telling me Petersen is taking the Dallas Cowboys job for $20 million a year when Garrett is fired after the season.

Spoiler

I don't have any contacts!   :lol:

I talked to him about 15 years ago though and he liked the NFL gig because there was no recruiting.  It was just coaching.  The teams could hire someone to do all the administration for you.

7 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

The MWC needs to upgrade. (right now it only has Boise and UNLV providing the hot, attractive women)

Sandy Eggo.

It goes without saying.

Americans Mayor

19 hours ago, sebasour said:

I would argue that UW is one of the top 3 biggest programs west of Texas. They could be a consistently good team.

Oregon and San Diego State are the other two.

Americans Mayor

5 hours ago, aztech said:

It's a mystery why he couldn't replicate in Seattle what he did in Boise.  He likely made sure he had a free hand when he signed on the dotted line.  We could say the same about his predecessor who left for Colorado.  I doubt if it was poor recruiting by Petersen.  So I would guess at that level his opponents have highly paid experienced staff to figure out his tendencies and weaknesses down to a gnat's ass.  Maybe Petersen wasn't creative enough to make adjustments to his scheme to offset it.  Who knows?    

How about the fact that he took over a football program that was pedestrian at best. It took a couple of seasons, but they we're top Dawgs in the North for three years. Two NY6 bowls and a playoff appearance.

He succeeded at a higher level than he ever could at Boise.

Oh, he lost those three NY6 games. How +++++ing stupid of me.

patrick stewart no GIF by Kim's Convenience

Americans Mayor

10 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

The best thing about Fort Worth is the people.  Salt of the earth.   They will give you the shirt off their back.

Plus, the barbecue....

And I think most of the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders choose to live in Fort Worth @Jeffkills

Texas BBQ is overrated.

Santa Maria > Brisket

6 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Pretty sure you have the bike paths already, so....

Some people rate Fort Collins as the best bicycling city in the US. Some have Seattle. I think it’s safe to say that Fort Collins is Petersens next stop.

of course there’s that nasty rumor going around that Matt Lubick can’t stand him.

11 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Sounds like a few Boise fans asking for Harsin’s head. It’s gotta get old listening to us armchairs 24/7. 

You are not wrong.  Boise fans online, especially twitter and Bronco Country, have been horrible this year.  So far in this 11-1 season there have been complete meltdowns after about 7 games.  This board, believe it or not, has far more level headed Boise fans and #fireharsin has become a joke more or less.  If Harsin leaves after this year for a modest raise at a mid level P5 instead of holding out for one of the better Pac 12 or Big 12 gigs (which he would have a good chance at landing with a stud young QB and the two best recruiting classes in program history already making huge waves) you can bet the attitude of the fan base this season will have been a factor.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You are not wrong.  Boise fans online, especially twitter and Bronco Country, have been horrible this year.  So far in this 11-1 season there have been complete meltdowns after about 7 games.  This board, believe it or not, has far more level headed Boise fans and #fireharsin has become a joke more or less.  If Harsin leaves after this year for a modest raise at a mid level P5 instead of holding out for one of the better Pac 12 or Big 12 gigs (which he would have a good chance at landing with a stud young QB and the two best recruiting classes in program history already making huge waves) you can bet the attitude of the fan base this season will have been a factor.

Harsin is already used to playing the toughest competition CFB has to offer with the SEC Mountain. IT wouldn't be that big of a transition to go to a P5 program. He might as well have the pay raise too. BTW, would he have any shot at a job like USC? 

Jon Wilner who, based on his past writing, was not the biggest fan of Boise State football during the Petersen era, nicely summed up everybody's feelings (fans and non-fans) in a tweet:

"My first thought on Chris Petersen's legacy: Imagine college football in the western third of the country over the past 15 years without him."

17 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Harsin is already used to playing the toughest competition CFB has to offer with the SEC Mountain. IT wouldn't be that big of a transition to go to a P5 program. He might as well have the pay raise too. BTW, would he have any shot at a job like USC? 

The local radio honks were predicting Harsin to Mizzou and said there is a lot of smoke there.

I don't see it, but who knows. I think he would have a very tough time there. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

2 hours ago, Broncomare said:

Honestly, I doubt Pete would coach any team in the MWC - he wouldn't go against Boise State.

I don't know why any strong coach would be scared to play against a former team.  Would he be worried that he would hurt BSUs program?  He shouldn't be worried about losing, why coach then.

2 minutes ago, UofNPackFan said:

I don't know why any strong coach would be scared to play against a former team.  Would he be worried that he would hurt BSUs program?  He shouldn't be worried about losing, why coach then.

No, he isn't afraid to play Boise State, it's a respect thing.  Don't worry, he would never lower himself to coach at UNR.

down in a hole.jpg