Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Chris Petersen Steps Down As Washington Head Coach

25 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The best thing about Fort Worth is the people.  Salt of the earth.   They will give you the shirt off their back.

Plus, the barbecue....

And I think most of the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders choose to live in Fort Worth @Jeffkills

What I mainly recall about Fort Worth were the abandoned buildings, prostitutes, run down sleazy bars, and that cheesy two bit tourist "attraction" they call the Stockyards. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

He's 55 and has made what, 20 mil? Wouldn't most people say "enough" to 80+ hour weeks at that point?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, happycamper said:

He's 55 and has made what, 20 mil? Wouldn't most people say "enough" to 80+ hour weeks at that point?

I'd say so. Just to stay close to the game, I could see him just doing some consulting for teams, both pro and college, and staying out of the spotlight. Pete isn't a glory hound and isn't motivated by money alone. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

6 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I could see him walking away from it all. I think he enjoys the hands on coaching aspects of football and mentoring young kids. IMO most of the rest of it he cares less about. 

What he did here will never be duplicated again. 

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Peterson is not your typical football coach. He didn't even want to be head coach at Boise State to start. He dislikes interaction with media and fans. I could see him being happy as an OC at some small NAIA school

Boise Fans just can't help but pile on the Vandals

44 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

OC?

Chris Peterson is probably definitely better than your current head coach.

FIFY

35 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Of course, lol.

I admire Coach P for not following the norm. He's apparently tired of the BS, if and when he decides to coach again, he'll do it when HE'S ready.

I mean not really too surprising. After all he stayed at Boise MUCH longer than most coaches would. So clearly he is not just chasing money. He is 55 yo he could easily ride off into the sunset with the millions of dollars he has already been paid OR he could take some time off and then get another HC job in 2-3 years. If anything it is surprising more coaches don't step down early and/or take sabbaticals. Assuming you have a somewhat modest life style it really only takes being a HC for 5 or so years a big-5 program to have more than enough money to last the rest of your life/children's life.  

8 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

This is what happens when a fanbase has unrealistic expectations and turns on a coach.  A one time  7-5 record was way below Washington's fans' expectations.  I am sure their fans think they will find a better coach.

Lake won’t duplicate what Pete has done at UW. 

9 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

I mean not really too surprising. After all he stayed at Boise MUCH longer than most coaches would. So clearly he is not just chasing money. He is 55 yo he could easily ride off into the sunset with the millions of dollars he has already been paid OR he could take some time off and then get another HC job in 2-3 years. If anything it is surprising more coaches don't step down early and/or take sabbaticals. Assuming you have a somewhat modest life style it really only takes being a HC for 5 or so years a big-5 program to have more than enough money to last the rest of your life/children's life.  

Most thrive on trying to make it to the top. Petersen enjoys mentoring young kids and the hands on coaching. He made it as far as he did precisely because of those characteristics. His approach to coaching was great preparation and going out every Saturday striving to be the best that you can be individually and as a team, no matter the opponent. It’s why his teams at Boise State rarely were upset. That and having a great mind for offensive football. 

Guest #1Stunner
31 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

What I mainly recall about Fort Worth were the abandoned buildings, prostitutes, run down sleazy bars, and that cheesy two bit tourist "attraction" they call the Stockyards. 

Excuse me.  Those are the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders!!!

Sure, they apparently wear nylons, but they are hardly "Ladies of the Night".

@RSF

GettyImages-1173211947.jpg

34 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You were lost.  That was Dallas....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, RSF said:

You were lost.  That was Dallas....

And the MWC lost a big part of its soul when it lost its only Texas school.

Everything is more fun in Texas.

I noticed that Chris Petersen left Boise, only after TCU joined the BIG12.  (straw that broke the camel's back).

It's too bad that Wyoming is blocking any Texas expansion in the MWC.   There are loads of hot women in Texas.   Even at a music school like North Texas, the women are incredibly hot.   

The MWC needs an upgrade (right now it only has Boise and UNLV providing the hot, attractive women)

24 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Very few coaches would.  Washington should get more accustomed to 7-5.

Lake's a hell of recruiter and has been a popular candidate for numerous jobs in the past (I believe he turned down CU before Tucker got it). 

I would argue that UW is one of the top 3 biggest programs west of Texas. They could be a consistently good team.