Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Chris Petersen Steps Down As Washington Head Coach

22 minutes ago, UofNPackFan said:

I wasn't saying anything negative. I wasn't making fun of BSU program. No need to bash.

My apologies!  

down in a hole.jpg

28 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

No, he isn't afraid to play Boise State, it's a respect thing.  Don't worry, he would never lower himself to coach at UNR.

This is totally true...

I'm still pissed he took half our recruiting haul the year he scorned us, but that dude is nothing but pure class.....

New-Signature.jpg

I know it's not for him but it would be SO AWESOME if Pete came back as Boise State's AD.  Because right now, we don't have one.

down in a hole.jpg

3 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

I know it's not for him but it would be SO AWESOME if Pete came back as Boise State's AD.  Because right now, we don't have one.

Athletic Director is the last job on earth a guy like Coach Pete would want.

He hates being in the spotlight and having to schmooze and deal with boosters, press, etc.

I could honestly see him coaching a D2 team or being a WR Coach at a middling P5 program and being happy as a clam. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

1 minute ago, RogueStout said:

Athletic Director is the last job on earth a guy like Coach Pete would want.

He hates being in the spotlight and having to schmooze and deal with boosters, press, etc.

I could honestly see him coaching a D2 team or being a WR Coach at a middling P5 program and being happy as a clam. 

That's why I said it's not for him....  but it would be awesome!

down in a hole.jpg

3 hours ago, RogueStout said:

The local radio honks were predicting Harsin to Mizzou and said there is a lot of smoke there.

I don't see it, but who knows. I think he would have a very tough time there. 

Mizzou is not an easy job. I would think he'd want to wait for a better job with more built in advantages to come calling. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

39 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

This is totally true...

I'm still pissed he took half our recruiting haul the year he scorned us, but that dude is nothing but pure class.....

Drew Sample - Boise TE commit that Poach Pete stole upon leaving.  Great UW career, 2nd Round draft pick and is playing for the Bengals.

Jesse Sosebee - Boise OL commit that Poach Pete stole - played in 54 games (started 10) at OT.

Will Dissly - Boise TE commit that Poach Pete stole - Great UW career, 4th Round draft pick and is playing for the Seahawks.

Jaylen Johnson - Boise DT commit that Poach Pete stole - solid career at UW, played in 50+ games.

Greg Gaines - Boise DT commit that Poach Pete stole - solid career at UW, 4th Round draft pick, playing for the Rams.

---

KJ Carta-Samuels - never really amounted to a great QB, back-up at UW, one mediocre year at CSU.

Jalen Greene - who then left Pete for USC, could have been a QB at Boise. But got beat out at USC and switched to WR.  Transferred to Utah State for one solid year at WR and is now with the LA Rams.

Jomon Dotson - was a Boise lean until Pete left and offered him.  Played 33 games for UW, then grad-transferred to Nevada.  

---

Boise's 1st recruiting class under Harsin was touted a success as they were able to pick up a 4* (that flopped) and some other highly rated prospects.

David Moa (currently the oldest player on Boise's team)

Sean Modster

Jeremy McNichols

Kekoa Nawahine (took a 2-year mission)

Jabril Frazier 

11 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Drew Sample - Boise TE commit that Poach Pete stole upon leaving.  Great UW career, 2nd Round draft pick and is playing for the Bengals.

Jesse Sosebee - Boise OL commit that Poach Pete stole - played in 54 games (started 10) at OT.

Will Dissly - Boise TE commit that Poach Pete stole - Great UW career, 4th Round draft pick and is playing for the Seahawks.

Jaylen Johnson - Boise DT commit that Poach Pete stole - solid career at UW, played in 50+ games.

Greg Gaines - Boise DT commit that Poach Pete stole - solid career at UW, 4th Round draft pick, playing for the Rams.

---

KJ Carta-Samuels - never really amounted to a great QB, back-up at UW, one mediocre year at CSU.

Jalen Greene - who then left Pete for USC, could have been a QB at Boise. But got beat out at USC and switched to WR.  Transferred to Utah State for one solid year at WR and is now with the LA Rams.

Jomon Dotson - was a Boise lean until Pete left and offered him.  Played 33 games for UW, then grad-transferred to Nevada.  

---

Boise's 1st recruiting class under Harsin was touted a success as they were able to pick up a 4* (that flopped) and some other highly rated prospects.

David Moa (currently the oldest player on Boise's team)

Sean Modster

Jeremy McNichols

Kekoa Nawahine (took a 2-year mission)

Jabril Frazier 

I was trying to remember who the “Poach Pete” guy was. Thanks for reminding me.

2 hours ago, UofNPackFan said:

I don't know why any strong coach would be scared to play against a former team.  Would he be worried that he would hurt BSUs program?  He shouldn't be worried about losing, why coach then.

His comments before and after the Boise game in 2015 were clear.  He hated it.  He is a pretty sentimental guy.

UNM better make a serious run at Peterson. He may be content with his new role at UW but for the sake of Lobo football and it's fans they need to try!

8 minutes ago, Uncle Juan said:

UNM better make a serious run at Peterson. He may be content with his new role at UW but for the sake of Lobo football and it's fans they need to try!

I seriously doubt Doug Pederson would leave the Philadelphia Eagles to come to Albuquerque.