Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Chris Petersen Steps Down As Washington Head Coach

34 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

And the MWC lost a big part of its soul when it lost its only Texas school.

Everything is more fun in Texas.

I noticed that Chris Petersen left Boise, only after TCU joined the BIG12.  (straw that broke the camel's back).

It's too bad that Wyoming is blocking any Texas expansion in the MWC.   There are loads of hot women in Texas.   Even at a music school like North Texas, the women are incredibly hot.   

The MWC needs an upgrade (right now it only has Boise and UNLV providing the hot, attractive women)

So do you believe that BYU is doing great things with the WAC by helping orchestrate and focusing on the Texas footprint?  Should we expect good things to come out of the WAC with its focus on Texas including Houston Baptist, University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley and Tarleton State?

21 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

Good for him. I think with the amped up recruiting schedule more coaches will do this. I can actually see Petersen being a great athletic director one day.

I don't. Pete hates all the political shit that goes along with being an AD. Not good with schmoozing boosters, not good with kissing corporate ass. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I don't. Pete hates all the political shit that goes along with being an AD. Not good with schmoozing boosters, not good with kissing corporate ass. 

Yes, but he can heal diseases in Boise by laying of hands.

Guest #1Stunner
23 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

So do you believe that BYU is doing great things with the WAC by helping orchestrate and focusing on the Texas footprint?  Should we expect good things to come out of the WAC with its focus on Texas including Houston Baptist, University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley and Tarleton State?

The WAC?  You seriously bring up the 1990s WAC expansion into Texas?  With the Pods?  

That's ancient history, and besides, Wyoming was on board with expanding the WAC into Texas at the time.   Add TCU and Rice made sense then.  (all canceled by the Denver Air Port Meeting, and formation of the MWC).

Get with the times.  The WAC expansion had nothing to do with the current situation.

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

He's 55 and has made what, 20 mil? Wouldn't most people say "enough" to 80+ hour weeks at that point?

Most people aren't driven by competition as is the case with football head coaches. Maybe Petersen isn't that kinda guy but assuming he can recharge his batteries, I'd be surprised if the competition bug didn't bite him again in a few years.

Whatever the guy decides, he's a class act and I wish him well.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

This is what happens when a fanbase has unrealistic expectations and turns on a coach.  A one time  7-5 record was way below Washington's fans' expectations.  I am sure their fans think they will find a better coach.

It's a mystery why he couldn't replicate in Seattle what he did in Boise.  He likely made sure he had a free hand when he signed on the dotted line.  We could say the same about his predecessor who left for Colorado.  I doubt if it was poor recruiting by Petersen.  So I would guess at that level his opponents have highly paid experienced staff to figure out his tendencies and weaknesses down to a gnat's ass.  Maybe Petersen wasn't creative enough to make adjustments to his scheme to offset it.  Who knows?    

Just now, aztech said:

It's a mystery why he couldn't replicate in Seattle what he did in Boise.  He likely made sure he had a free hand when he signed on the dotted line.  We could say the same about his predecessor who left for Colorado.  I doubt if it was poor recruiting by Petersen.  So I would guess at that level his opponents have highly paid experienced staff to figure out his tendencies and weaknesses down to a gnat's ass.  Maybe Petersen wasn't creative enough to make adjustments to his scheme to offset it.  Who knows?    

Wut?

He had 4 AP top 10 finishes in his 6 years at UW

50 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The WAC?  You seriously bring up the 1990s WAC expansion into Texas?  With the Pods?  

That's ancient history, and besides, Wyoming was on board with expanding the WAC into Texas at the time.   Add TCU and Rice made sense then.  (all canceled by the Denver Air Port Meeting, and formation of the MWC).

Get with the times.  The WAC expansion had nothing to do with the current situation.

We voted no so...

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Man, this blew me away! But I'm happy for him. I'll always be a big fan of his for what he did for Boise. I hope this is a good move for him. I read an article on it and didn't realize just how much success he had at Washington. Three NY6 bowls, one playoff appearance, the most wins in any 4-year span in Husky history...those damned Husky fans had better be nothing but grateful for all that. But they're probably complaining and glad he's gone...

3 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

Man, this blew me away! But I'm happy for him. I'll always be a big fan of his for what he did for Boise. I hope this is a good move for him. I read an article on it and didn't realize just how much success he had at Washington. Three NY6 bowls, one playoff appearance, the most wins in any 4-year span in Husky history...those damned Husky fans had better be nothing but grateful for all that. But they're probably complaining and glad he's gone...

Sounds like a few Boise fans asking for Harsin’s head. It’s gotta get old listening to us armchairs 24/7. 

1 minute ago, NevadaFan said:

Sounds like a few Boise fans asking for Harsin’s head. It’s gotta get old listening to us armchairs 24/7. 

No doubt. I guess you always have those fans. The hope is that they're few in number.

7 hours ago, Cincy said:

Tired and then a school will pull him out of retirement in a few years.

Rocky is going to retire within the next 3-5 years.  Hmmmm.

🤔

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

A Petersen and Moore coaching combo at the college level would be lethal. Your school could only dream about such a coaching juggernaut.

Rocky Hoke

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor