Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SparkysDad

We Want Alabama...NOT!

29 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

And Boise State won’t back down from playing any P5 in a bowl game. 

Of course they won't back down (#TomPettyRocks) but JMHO, the program doesn't need a 4-5 TD beat down to end this inconsistent season.  I'd much rather see a competitive bowl game, win or lose, as a foundation to build on next year (said foundation needs a new O-line coach!)

I totally get that my opinion is in direct conflict with all values of sports and competition, but college football is a business and as I've said, none of the teams I've seen this year would be a good opponent for this year's Alabama and playing them wouldn't be good for the potential G5 invitees' "business".  Again, JMHO. 

I would like to hear Saban's whining about having to play a G5 opponent however!

1 hour ago, RSF said:

We were favored over #5 Wisky in the Rose Bowl.  OTOH, the Rose Bowl was required to take TCU.

Because it was the Rose that had to take the G5 that year, I believe they were compelled to take the B1G champ.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Alabama is over rated, their best win is over a 7-5 Texas A&M team.  1 of the 2 FCS teams they played might have been their toughest games.

Every team in the country should be excited about playing the most overrated coach in the country as well..   While Saban can recruit he is the college football equivalent of Jason Garrett who by the way is a disciple of his.

Now BSU isn't all that great this year, but even Harsin will be able to coach circles around Saban.

53 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Did you see my post above about the Draft?  Do you think an egotistic bummed out Alabama smokes Boise with 14 starters not playing?

Do you understand that a self-centered, disheartened Alabama needing 14 starters to sit to make the game competitive kinda proves my point?

Just now, SparkysDad said:

Do you understand that a self-centered, disheartened Alabama needing 14 starters to sit to make the game competitive kinda proves my point?

No.  In a theoretical meaningful regular season or playoff game right now - Alabama would be favored by about 20. 

In a real life bowl game that could potentially happen (30% chance Cincy wins x 89% chance Boise wins = about 26% chance of happening)- my guess is it would be single digit spread with most of Alabama's stars sitting out.  And Boise would have a decent (~25%) chance of winning.  I'd rather have that chance than a game in Vegas vs. 6-6 WSU.

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

No.  In a theoretical meaningful regular season or playoff game right now - Alabama would be favored by about 20. 

In a real life bowl game that could potentially happen (30% chance Cincy wins x 89% chance Boise wins = about 26% chance of happening)- my guess is it would be single digit spread with most of Alabama's stars sitting out.  And Boise would have a decent (~25%) chance of winning.  I'd rather have that chance than a game in Vegas vs. 6-6 WSU.

I understand your stance but don't share your optimism.  I wouldn't take single digit points in a BSU v. Alabama (minus stars) bowl game for even a small bet.  I also wouldn't take Boise State straight up against Wazzu in Vegas!

I just don't think this team has the consistency to overcome even a minor talent deficit (or talent advantage -- see BSU vs. BYU!!!) 

I do think that with a slightly better offensive line and a healthy Hank at QB, they could be a much more competitive and consistent team.  For chrissakes, team rushing against Colorado State was 91 yards!  For contrast, UNLV had 107 against CSU... 

1 hour ago, SparkysDad said:

I understand your stance but don't share your optimism.  I wouldn't take single digit points in a BSU v. Alabama (minus stars) bowl game for even a small bet.  I also wouldn't take Boise State straight up against Wazzu in Vegas!

I just don't think this team has the consistency to overcome even a minor talent deficit (or talent advantage -- see BSU vs. BYU!!!) 

I do think that with a slightly better offensive line and a healthy Hank at QB, they could be a much more competitive and consistent team.  For chrissakes, team rushing against Colorado State was 91 yards!  For contrast, UNLV had 107 against CSU... 

Florida States 5 star players say "hi".

4 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I will take your bet on that however much you want to put down if you give me 20 points.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Florida States 5 star players say "hi".

You mean the team that got poleaxed by Clemson and Florida?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.