Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

MWC Basketball Rank Em

By my simple formula using net rating and kenpom SOS here is where the teams rank nationally

4. San Diego State

22. Utah State

79. Nevada

92. New Mexico

161. Boise State

167. Colorado State

172. UNLV

180. Fresno State

199. Air Force

276. Wyoming

335. San Jose State

here is a link to all the results and I’m by no way suggesting this is some great formula, it’s very simple.

https://t.co/Cj2kK5RUiI?amp=1

1 hour ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

By my simple formula using net rating and kenpom SOS here is where the teams rank nationally

4. San Diego State

22. Utah State

79. Nevada

92. New Mexico

161. Boise State

167. Colorado State

172. UNLV

180. Fresno State

199. Air Force

276. Wyoming

335. San Jose State

here is a link to all the results and I’m by no way suggesting this is some great formula, it’s very simple.

https://t.co/Cj2kK5RUiI?amp=1

Would really like to see your formulation if you're willing to share it. :cheers:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

SJSU won't finish in last place, of that I feel confident. I think they'll finish 9th, or 8th at best. That would be a pretty good improvement over last season when they had only one conference win and just three overall. 

51 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Would really like to see your formulation if you're willing to share it. :cheers:

It’s pretty straight forward, you use raw efficiency which is viewable with a kenpom sub. Offensive rating -defensive rating to get the net rating. Then you add the  schedule efficiency kenpom gives all its teams. Far from perfect but I do think it gives a good idea

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

For UNLV.  They legitimately can win the league next year.  Same as San Diego State.

Awesome... that's the first time I've ever heard that about UNLV. It's good to hear it's finally gunna be true this time

4 hours ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

It’s pretty straight forward, you use raw efficiency which is viewable with a kenpom sub. Offensive rating -defensive rating to get the net rating. Then you add the  schedule efficiency kenpom gives all its teams. Far from perfect but I do think it gives a good idea

Got it - Is the schedule efficiency your SOS coefficient?

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg