Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

MWC Basketball Rank Em

1. San Diego State (8-0) - I have a good source that told me this team was loaded with talent. I’m not sure anyone expected all the newcomers to be clicking so soon.  Road win over BYU, neutral double digit wins over Creighton and Iowa,all kinds of blowout wins at Viejas.  The Aztecs are back.

2. Utah State (7-1) - Pre-season MWC favorite and they have not disappointed, losing only a tough road game to St Mary’s. They’re smart, tough, and talented and will be a tough out once they get their rim protector back.

3. New Mexico (7-2) -  High major talent all over the place and they have some nice wins over NMSU and Wisconsin. But there’s something not quite there in terms of consistency. The question still exists if they have a coaching staff at the level of their talent.

4. Nevada (5-3) - Undermanned, especially in the front court, but this team has a high-powered backcourt and plays with an edge. They remind me of that 2017 CSU squad that had only 7 players.

5. Boise State (4-2) - Experienced, talented, but not very deep. Blowout loss at Oregon, nice home OT win over BYU.  I thought they’d be better early based on their experience. They may have hit their season ceiling.

6. Colorado State (6-3) - Three seniors, two sophs, and four freshmen in their rotation.  Play has been expectedly uneven early but improving as demonstrated by their 92-61 thrashing of Utah Valley yesterday.

7. Fresno State (2-4) - Much like CSU, they have a small core of experience and a lot of talented young players. Nice home win over Winthrop and a horrible road loss to CSUN. Ups and downs of inexperience.

8. UNLV (3-6) - Not a lot of talent or depth in TJ Otzelberger’s first year.  They’ll be dangerous because they play hard.

9. Air Force (3-5) - Lots of returning players but a slow start and a low ceiling.

10. Wyoming (3-5) - If you think their football team cant score, wait until you watch this team. They play at one of the slowest tempos in all of D-1 but will always be dangerous at 7220’.

11 San Jose State (3-5) - Early season optimism from a win at Hofstra has vanished as the Spartans have been blown out by an average of 28 points in their five losses. Tough schedule but highly Uncompetitive regardless.  Can they get an MWC win this season?

1. SUDS

2. USU

3. UNM

4. Boise State

5. UNR

6. CSU

7. Wyoming

8. SJSU

9. Fresno State

10. Air Force

11. UNLV

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

20 minutes ago, bigbluebaby said:

I love that USU gets to be the under dog!

We always play better as the under dog.

Underdog? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Boise State’s bench depth will get better with the recent addition of injured redshirt freshman Abercrombie and eligibility of UO transfer Abu in a couple of weeks. Post defense is still a huge weakness. Perimeter shooting has been unexpectedly poor the first seven games. Alston and Jessup need to come around. We are getting a huge lift out of the under sized Williams in post offense and rebounding. 

Defense other than in the post has been relatively good and will get better with the addition of Abu. I still see fourth place as the high water mark for this Boise State team. They could also slip down to as low as eighth. 

1. USU (they don't have Queta, and LSU may be the best win in the MWC so far)

2. SDSU (if they weren't 1, they wouldn't be 3)

3. UNM (win over Wisky, solid other wins, will improve)

4. Nevada (Alford is back where he belongs, and is already proving it)

5. BSU (could easily be 3 or 4, but need to see more out of them)

6.  CSU (will always be tough at home, and are a solid opponent to play.  They have WTF games though)

7. Wyoming (haven't seen anything to be  overly upset about, but certainly have not shown anything promising)

8. UNLV (here just because they have played a tough schedule)

9. SJSU (here because Fresno lost to CSUN)

10. Fresno (you can't lose to CSUN)

11.  Air Force (pure disappointment)

Spaztecs

UTags

Lobos

Pack

5 - 12 are all fighting to avoid the SDSU/USU brackets in Vegas.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor