Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kalua pig

hawai'i @ boise

Damnit Memphis.  

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

Good game Boise, you were the better team. But I think you got you next year on the rock.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Glad we won this one. Next year is going to be a real struggle losing all of our Dline and most of the Oline. Start licking your chops suckers. Plus, Harsin knows the score and will bail if he gets any kind of P5 offer. 

I think Ezra's stock may have fallen a bit this year with missing games and inconsistent play.  I wonder if he is still a lock to leave early.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Glad we won this one. Next year is going to be a real struggle losing all of our Dline and most of the Oline. Start licking your chops suckers. Plus, Harsin knows the score and will bail if he gets any kind of P5 offer. 

Doubt it. Everyone said this season would be a rebuilding year

10 hours ago, Danimaji said:

Doubt it. Everyone said this season would be a rebuilding year

Everyone? How do you figure? We were picked to win the MWC and were a borderline top 25 pick. We had both Dline and Oline returning intact. Our WR position was stocked with playmakers. The only questions we had were at RB and QB. RB wasn’t a big issue as we had two good ones behind Mattison. QB was the biggest issue and Henderson played really well in the spring game. 

IMO the QB and the guys in the trenches are the most important on a football team and we lose most of our starting lines. If Cord transfers we have no backup QB behind an injury plagued Bachmeier who will be playing behind a new Oline. We have more concerns next year than we have had in quite a few years. Not only that, but our schedule gets tougher next year. I can easily see us losing 3-5 games. 

19 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Everyone? How do you figure? We were picked to win the MWC and were a borderline top 25 pick. We had both Dline and Oline returning intact. Our WR position was stocked with playmakers. The only questions we had were at RB and QB. RB wasn’t a big issue as we had two good ones behind Mattison. QB was the biggest issue and Henderson played really well in the spring game. 

IMO the QB and the guys in the trenches are the most important on a football team and we lose most of our starting lines. If Cord transfers we have no backup QB behind an injury plagued Bachmeier who will be playing behind a new Oline. We have more concerns next year than we have had in quite a few years. Not only that, but our schedule gets tougher next year. I can easily see us losing 3-5 games. 

We have recruited the D-line really well.  We should be fine there.  O-line is a concern but Harrington/Gonzalez and Stetz will be upgrades over Q and Larsin.  Holliday will be a good one at either guard spot and Curran at RT, assuming we move Ojukwu to LT.  We are kicking the JC ranks for immediate impact guys as well. 

I would not be surprised to see Washington moved to DE given the log of ultra talented guys we have at STUD.  Washington, Cravens/Locher, Igiehon, Baganah/Kline (STUD) at DL and Ojukwu, Stetz, Gonzalez/Harrington, Holliday, Curran on OL (unless a JC players beats one of them out) looks like two talented high upside groups to me.  With the way we have been recruiting I fully expect to reload on the trenches.  

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The offensive line wasn't the strength of the team. That's as politely as I can put it. Re: expectations: Most fans expected around 3 regular season losses this season.

On 12/7/2019 at 10:02 AM, BleedRebelRed said:

Las Vegas loves Hawaii, and any event that brings the Rainbow Warriors to LV, but I'm ready to buy tickets to watch the Broncos end Chris "I'm to big now to play G5 teams" Peterson's UW stint with a G5 knee to the nads.

BSUvsUW.jpg

There is a Santa Clause!!!!

LVBowl.jpg