Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kalua pig

hawai'i @ boise

41 minutes ago, Bob said:

What's wrong with Backmeyer? 

Apparent shoulder injury late in the SJSU game. Even though he finished that one - he hasn’t played since. The week after that there were reports he couldn’t lift his arm above his shoulder. Then the next week he was seen throwing gingerly in practice. Hasn't played In a month. Cord played poorly vs. BYU and the thought is that Henderson stole that spot from Cord after Cord was injured, too.

In the (linked below)condensed game vs SJSU, the first hit Bach took was lowering his shoulder on a scramble at 17:50. Cord came in for a bit, but them Bach was back out and throwing again. At 20:55, he is hit as he throws in the right shoulder again. He stayed in the game and even ran a QB sneak, but didn’t throw another pass.

And hasn’t entered a game since that Nov. 2nd game. Harsin has said he’s “available” and won’t comment on non-season ending injuries.

https://youtu.be/w6XB_-TlcrU

7 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Unwritten rule of football #53: A starting QB cannot lose his position because of an injury.  Once cleared as able to play he must retain his starting role. 

This whole situation is just fcking weird, I don’t give a fck about the MWCCG or Bowl game if Hank is not the starter.  He is the future of this program and needs all the live game reps he can get, not some redshirt Sr transfer.  

Play the best guy.  Win the game.  No unwritten rule. Henderson has a rythm going right now.  Let the young pups sit and learn. 

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Maybe Bach will be back for a bowl game

To make things even weirder, the only interview Bach has been made available to the media for was 3 days after that injury. And he was asked about the play where he took a huge hit. Not sure if that was just some 3D chess by Harsin make him available so Wyoming prepared for him or what?

11 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

To make things even weirder, the only interview Bach has been made available to the media for was 3 days after that injury. And he was asked about the play where he took a huge hit. Not sure if that was just some 3D chess by Harsin make him available so Wyoming prepared for him or what?

Yep, and then the Boise State Football Twitter account posted a photo of only one QB getting on the plane - it was Hank. 

I swear to God, if Hank enters the transfer portal the “Fire Harsin” threads will become real.  

True freshman Hank is a far better QB than Ryp, but Harsin stuck with Ryp and sent Finley packing - which makes this whole situation even more baffling.  

We know it’s not an academic issue nor health as Harsin has said “all qb’s are available.”

The only thing that I could think of is that Hank and Harsin butted heads about his return, but he’s not that guy.  

From what I’ve seen of Boise this year, Hank has the most upside. Football 101 says you give a talented young buck like that the reins and let him grow into the position. There will be growing pains but the reward in a few years is far greater than the risk now.

Henderson is a senior. He’s done.  So if Harsin is saying all QBs are available, this is a big mistake, IMO. If he’s still not healthy just say so. Seems like silly games. 

Confidence is fragile for these kids and Harsin is playing with fire doing this. 

2 hours ago, trvitmvnz said:

I expect Cordeiro to play more than Cole. Cordeiro using his feet imo will be Rolos choice of having him play more than Cole 

is cordero healthy? he left the game after being hit.

4 hours ago, kalua pig said:

i hope it snows.

Oinkster,

They chip and squawk the same noise about SDSU. Interesting, the worse the weather, the better we play...

I do believe Pigs Fly.

Go Bows!

6 hours ago, kalua pig said:

i hope it snows.

Anything is possible here as far as the weather goes but I think it is just gonna be wet and cold, no snow. We got "dumped" on over the weekend and it seems to be melted off. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Let’s be real here. Boise’s size, speed and talent is obviously a notch better than Hawaii. Hawaii has solid receivers, fast and quick but are undersized, Boise State actually has a solid secondary compared to other schools we’ve played. Have to double team Weaver regardless, and force the others DL to get pressure. 

Hawaii has to play the perfect game, no turnovers, no dropped passes. We had 9 drops against Boise last game. We have to score on the one of the first two possessions.

were going to have to sustain long drives as we did with SDSU and force boise to do the same and keep the game as close as possible. 

Theres not really stopping Boise States offense, we’re just going to have to wrap up and tackle and keep them to the minimum gain. 

This can either be a really good game, if Hawaii plays the ideal game. Or a complete blowout. Hawaii has the experience against Boise in Boise, so I hope that helps them a little bit. 

I’m just glad we’re finally competing for a title again, Hoping our program just continues to improve and we’ll see you guys in this game more often.

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

Rolo looks like he would be a good dude to have a few beers with. 

Harsin looks like the kinda guy that would hit on your girlfriend.

Harsin is good looking enough to steal your girlfriend!!

down in a hole.jpg