Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kalua pig

hawai'i @ boise

Things have changed since the Bows last trip here. On the downside our secondary has had injuries and gotten worse which I’m sure has Hawaii salivating. Bachmeier is no longer the starting QB, however, Henderson has played well and presents a better run option than Hank. 

On the plus side our Oline has gotten better and RB Holani is looking to crack the 1,000 yard mark with a 100 yard game. The weather looks miserable this Saturday with temps in the low 40’s and rain expected. Not sure how that will impact either team. It will likely put a damper on attendance. 

12 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

Not sure what to make about Hank not playing.......  

I think Harsin believes we have the best chance of winning with Henderson. I’ve noticed we have been sustaining more drives with Jaylon primarily because he is patient and willing to take what the defense gives. He also is better at moving in and out of the pocket and avoiding the rush. Hank wants to go downfield more which kills drives when he gets sacked or misses on longer throws. It’s simply a matter of experience, senior versus freshman. 

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I think Harsin believes we have the best chance of winning with Henderson. I’ve noticed we have been sustaining more drives with Jaylon primarily because he is patient and willing to take what the defense gives. He also is better at moving in and out of the pocket and avoiding the rush. Hank wants to go downfield more which kills drives when he gets sacked or misses on longer throws. It’s simply a matter of experience, senior versus freshman. 

Hopefully, if the score gets high enough, we can put Hank in for some live reps.

down in a hole.jpg

15 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Harsin really doesn't do himself any favors by being a dick to the media.  I'm not sure he could handle the increased pressure that would come from a SEC type job.

Unwritten rule of football #53: A starting QB cannot lose his position because of an injury.  Once cleared as able to play he must retain his starting role. 

This whole situation is just fcking weird, I don’t give a fck about the MWCCG or Bowl game if Hank is not the starter.  He is the future of this program and needs all the live game reps he can get, not some redshirt Sr transfer.  

things definitely changed since the last meeting

injuries have hampered the defensive side of the ball, but the defense has played a bit better in recent weeks, Cole and Chevan have been playing labeled as starter and closer for the last few games with either term used interchangeably between the two, receivers still doing their thing but new guys stepped up while others are losing steam, running game has been uplifted by better run blocking and Reed & Holly doing better not turning it over, Rolo & co showed they don't mind playing the long drive run down the clock game if need be, and most of all there will be freezing weather conditions

If I was Harsin...I would throw some option into the gameplan. Would catch our defense by surprise and if the last two option teams they played against are any indication, it's very hard for us to stop them.

6 hours ago, Broncomare said:

Not sure what to make about Hank not playing.......  

Might want to keep an eye on the tranfer portal over the next few weeks.

I hope we don’t get the same refs as the first game. Either way, I think we need refs that don’t work for the MWC.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

The offense is clicking with Henderson right now. If Hank isn’t 100%, no sense in risking him ... and if Hendo does goes to shit, you can always bring Hank in off the bench. I don’t see that happening.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg