gold-n-brown

Howdy Doody

4 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

We get it.  You and slapdad believe that as long as it is within the rules it cannot be a dirty hit/tackle and certainly Howdy Doody agrees with you.  A lot of us that have played and coached football disagree strongly with this statement because even some legal 'hits' and 'tackles' can lead to devastating consequences.  If my kids ever end up with a coach teaching these 'legal' tackles, you can better believe they won't be on that team for long.

Guess you and I can just disagree and if you ever played football you do not remember how tackles change as a play develops full speed. This was not teaching 'illegal tackling'...watch it real time speed again and imagine yourself making the play.   Again I say that you probably would have hit him high in the back driving him forward 2 more yards versus going low on him.  I get it.  Merry Christmas to you and yours.  I'll bug out of this fight for now.  

8 minutes ago, ltcpilot said:

Guess you and I can just disagree and if you ever played football you do not remember how tackles change as a play develops full speed. This was not teaching 'illegal tackling'...watch it real time speed again and imagine yourself making the play.   Again I say that you probably would have hit him high in the back driving him forward 2 more yards versus going low on him.  I get it.  Merry Christmas to you and yours.  I'll bug out of this fight for now.  

In every post I have made (as well as others), I have stated it is a 'legal' hit under the rules.  Every AF grad I have met would get this without having to state the same thing over and over and over again.  And as a CB, I wouldn't have hit the QB from behind to come and make a 'tackle' at all.  The play was over.  The QB was engaged with 3 defenders and being driven backwards.  But preach on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OrediggerPoke said:

In every post I have made (as well as others), I have stated it is a 'legal' hit under the rules.  Every AF grad I have met would get this without having to state the same thing over and over and over again.  And as a CB, I wouldn't have hit the QB from behind to come and make a 'tackle' at all.  The play was over.  The QB was engaged with 3 defenders and being driven backwards.  But preach on.

Watch it again, he was going back but then move forward 1 step/1yard then was tackled.  

40 minutes ago, HiCountryCowboy said:

You mean 'Sheep Shit".

3 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

You were taught to stop playing when the ball carrier was engaged, but still moving his legs and the whistle hadn't blown? Doubtful.