Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gold-n-brown

Howdy Doody

Dirtiest hit I can recall ever seeing.  For those that dont think so, ask yourself the following question.  Would a player deliver that same hit on their own teammate during practice?  And if they did, would that player be on the team the next day?  

7 hours ago, carbonpoke said:

This is bullshit, you can't go high and low at the line of scrimmage.  Going for the knees is Air Force 101.  It's a non call, and he wasn't hurt, but the rule was broken, as it always is with the zoomies.

No clue dude....that is the rule for blocking not tackling. 

1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Dirtiest hit I can recall ever seeing.  For those that dont think so, ask yourself the following question.  Would a player deliver that same hit on their own teammate during practice?  And if they did, would that player be on the team the next day?  

Apples and freaking oranges and I know you are a football guy and know this.  This is a game time and game speed tackle.  Watch the replay the pile is still moving forward. Let me say that again, watch the replay he is still moving forward 'after' looking to be stopped but then pumping the legs harder and to his credit he is making yards BECAUSE the other tacklers all have him high above the waist and do not have the fulcrum leverage to stop him.   Tackling (not hitting as all the whiners are saying) low and taking a guys motors out is what you have to do to take him to the ground or he gains more yards.  Amazing all the crying on this.   If it was a block like this it would be a different story and I would be with you loud and clearing say 'penalty' but this is a tackle. Maybe if he had just gone down instead of trying to get the extra yard that tackle would not have happened but then you would be complaining "why did he go down so early'.  Sheesh. Go play flag football. 

..GO FALCONS..

10 hours ago, gold-n-brown said:

So the ref didn't blow his whistle, must not have been a flag.   Watch a lot of football and don't see many players dive at the knees when forward momentum has stopped and the ball carrier is stood up.

Have you ever played football? You go until the whistle blows...period. The runner was still fighting for yards...you don't just stand around hoping the refs blow the whistle while the guy is fighting for extra yards. Beyond that, coming in from behind the knees may hurt a little, but it is far less likely to cause an injury than coming in from the side or front. 

32 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

That shit is hard. I tried it a few times and didn't last. 

Anybody go for your knees?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, ltcpilot said:

No clue dude....that is the rule for blocking not tackling. 

Apples and freaking oranges and I know you are a football guy and know this.  This is a game time and game speed tackle.  Watch the replay the pile is still moving forward. Let me say that again, watch the replay he is still moving forward 'after' looking to be stopped but then pumping the legs harder and to his credit he is making yards BECAUSE the other tacklers all have him high above the waist and do not have the fulcrum leverage to stop him.   Tackling (not hitting as all the whiners are saying) low and taking a guys motors out is what you have to do to take him to the ground or he gains more yards.  Amazing all the crying on this.   If it was a block like this it would be a different story and I would be with you loud and clearing say 'penalty' but this is a tackle. Maybe if he had just gone down instead of trying to get the extra yard that tackle would not have happened but then you would be complaining "why did he go down so early'.  Sheesh. Go play flag football. 

People are probably taking exception because AF has a history of going for knees and have hurt players to the point they can't play the rest of the game.

down in a hole.jpg

And yeah, AFA is really hard to respect.  The program has taken on the personality of Howdy Doody.  Just douchiness from the top down.  You want to like them but the coach, AD and dirty players make it impossible.  And the handful of fans who will defend any and everything.

18 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And yeah, AFA is really hard to respect.  The program has taken on the personality of Howdy Doody.  Just douchiness from the top down.  You want to like them but the coach, AD and dirty players make it impossible.  And the handful of fans who will defend any and everything.

Guess that's why AF in 2019 #1 in fewest penalties out of 130 teams, #1 in fewest penalties per game, #2 in fewest penalty yards per game while your Bronco's were #54 in penalties per game. Guess that makes BSU having dirty players. 

..GO FALCONS..

8 minutes ago, ltcpilot said:

Guess that's why AF in 2019 #1 in fewest penalties out of 130 teams, #1 in fewest penalties per game, #2 in fewest penalty yards per game while your Bronco's were #54 in penalties per game. Guess that makes BSU having dirty players. 

You going to break that down by penalty type? Or do offsides and holding penalties also make you dirty?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 hours ago, RogueStout said:

I would like to get @bluerules009's opinion on this.

Basic training for the future war criminals.

That guy will probably get a medal.

No surprise here, Air Force has been the dirtiest team in football at every level for decades.   Every coach in the MWC hopes they leave the conference.

They are the only team in the conference that at conference meetings the other coaches ran film of their dirty plays with designed crackback blocks, high low blocks and other dangerous and illegal actions.   Air Force had to cut 2 plays out of their playbook because they were caught.

1 hour ago, ltcpilot said:

What!?!?  How do penalties correlate to dirty plays?  Come on man use some sense.

I typically root for Air Force in every game except against Wyoming but this is about the 4th time in the last decade where Air Force took out Wyoming's QB with a dirty hit under Calhoun.  This isn't happenstance.  It is garbage.  Note: you probably don't remember the hit on Jason Thompson when he was filling in for Brett Smith but I do.

32 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

What!?!?  How do penalties correlate to dirty plays?  Come on man use some sense.

I typically root for Air Force in every game except against Wyoming but this is about the 4th time in the last decade where Air Force took out Wyoming's QB with a dirty hit under Calhoun.  This isn't happenstance.  It is garbage.  Note: you probably don't remember the hit on Jason Thompson when he was filling in for Brett Smith but I do.

You can't see the forest for the trees.  It was a tackle....read my earlier post....ok, maybe he should have hit him high in the back pushing him forward 2-3 MORE yards.  That's exactly what your team would have done. Right?  Seriously guys? It wasn't a block in the back/high/low/whatever.....it was a tackle. No penalty because it 'wasn't dirty' and 'wasn't legal'.  Wow...I am still stunned at the lack of understanding here.  

..GO FALCONS..

5 minutes ago, ltcpilot said:

You can't see the forest for the trees.  It was a tackle....read my earlier post....ok, maybe he should have hit him high in the back pushing him forward 2-3 MORE yards.  That's exactly what your team would have done. Right?  Seriously guys? It wasn't a block in the back/high/low/whatever.....it was a tackle.

You are right, it is the patented Air Force 'tackle' to the QB.  It absolutely works every time for AF and is a pretty simple 3 step process: (1) have a defensive player engage the QB up high; (2) stop forward momentum; and (3) have another defensive player come from behind and dive below the knees.   Not illegal under the rule book per se. Air Force tackling 101.  So congrats on your perfectly executed Air Force tackles.  Be proud!

Finding a loophole in the rule book to remove an opponent from the game...after all that is what sportsmanship is all about right? 

3 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

You are right, it is the patented Air Force 'tackle' to the QB.  It absolutely works every time for AF and is a pretty simple 3 step process: (1) have a defensive player engage the QB up high; (2) stop forward momentum; and (3) have another defensive player come from behind and dive below the knees.   Not illegal under the rule book per se. Air Force tackling 101.  So congrats on your perfectly executed Air Force tackles.  Be proud of your cheap shots!

People are confusing blocking with tackling here. Blocking in the back and chop blocks are penalties on the offense, but there is no such thing as tackling in the back or chop tackling. You have no idea what you're talking about. It wasn't a dirty play and you should probably just move on. 

I don't think we are going to convince our Air Force brethren that this was a dirty play.

New take.

Rewatch the video.   Is that not leading with the helmet? Targeting?

Maybe I am way off on this but that play does not seem typical of most of the football plays I watch.

2 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

People are confusing blocking with tackling here. Blocking in the back and chop blocks are penalties on the offense, but there is no such thing as tackling in the back or chop tackling. You have no idea what you're talking about. It wasn't a dirty play and you should probably just move on. 

I am not confusing blocking with tackling and clearly indicated as such in my post.  The hit isn't illegal under the rules.  Just because something is allowed doesn't make it right.  My dad taught me that at an early age and it kinda stuck.