Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gold-n-brown

Howdy Doody

For being a bunch of Cowboys, you Pokes whine like a bunch of girls.

Ref was standing right there. Whistle hadn’t blown. Dude was just getting to the   QB. It looked ugly but it wasn’t illegal or dirty.  Makes me wonder if some people on here have ever played football before, 

The rule change two years ago to allow “scrum” like pushes by offensive players has led to the refs not calling plays dead and a lot of stand-ups like this are happening. Unintended consequence of the rule for sure  

i get it you’re pissed that you lost, but to claim this is some pre-meditated move is sore loser BS. 

So the ref didn't blow his whistle, must not have been a flag.   Watch a lot of football and don't see many players dive at the knees when forward momentum has stopped and the ball carrier is stood up.

Bummed we lost but not placing blame on any calls (except by our off coordinator) but that play is intentionally dirty.

14 minutes ago, Zoomie said:

Ref was standing right there. Whistle hadn’t blown. Dude was just getting to the   QB. It looked ugly but it wasn’t illegal or dirty.  Makes me wonder if some people on here have ever played football before, 

The rule change two years ago to allow “scrum” like pushes by offensive players has led to the refs not calling plays dead and a lot of stand-ups like this are happening. Unintended consequence of the rule for sure  

i get it you’re pissed that you lost, but to claim this is some pre-meditated move is sore loser BS. 

As an outside observer, the Wyoming fans deserve to complain. We have all seen BS like this from AF time and time again. 

1 minute ago, gold-n-brown said:

So the ref didn't blow his whistle, must not have been a flag.   Watch a lot of football and don't see many players dive at the knees when forward momentum has stopped and the ball carrier is stood up.

Bummed we lost but not placing blame on any calls (except by our off coordinator) but that play is intentionally dirty.

I agree it looked ugly, but for a guy coming around the corner and seeing a QB, he was just trying to make a play. The biggest problem with replay is that we take a 1-2 second play, slow it down to millisecond frames and then try to judge intent. If you’ve played football before, the majority of what you do is reactionary and instinct. Saying it’s an Intentionally dirty play is pretty judgmental and is nothing but conjecture, especially when you have an eagle eye view of the play and the player does not  

Air Force is currently the 2d least penalized team in the NCAA. 

And as a fan of a predominantly running team, opposing defenders are always going for our guys legs in pileups. It’s part of the game and refs need to blow the whistle earlier 

7 minutes ago, Zoomie said:

I agree it looked ugly, but for a guy coming around the corner and seeing a QB, he was just trying to make a play. The biggest problem with replay is that we take a 1-2 second play, slow it down to millisecond frames and then try to judge intent. If you’ve played football before, the majority of what you do is reactionary and instinct. Saying it’s an Intentionally dirty play is pretty judgmental and is nothing but conjecture, especially when you have an eagle eye view of the play and the player does not  

Air Force is currently the 2d least penalized team in the NCAA. 

And as a fan of a predominantly running team, opposing defenders are always going for our guys legs in pileups. It’s part of the game and refs need to blow the whistle earlier 

Jumped out of my chair in real time, it was scary.   We will have to agree to disagree.

And yes when you run as much as the Falcons do, penalties would be lower

Why do you think it’s a dirty play? You’re allowed to tackle at the legs from behind and getting hit from behind like that is a hell of a lot better than being hit from the side at the knees. It should be a non-issue. 

3 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Why do you think it’s a dirty play? You’re allowed to tackle at the legs from behind and getting hit from behind like that is a hell of a lot better than being hit from the side at the knees. It should be a non-issue. 

Are you talking about the video above or the granny at the 2010 Boise State v Nevada game? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

9 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

34 minutes ago, gold-n-brown said:

1 hour ago, Zoomie said:

I highly doubt it was pre-meditated or coached and while it may not be illegal it certainly is a dirty hit.

1 hour ago, Zoomie said:

Ok, I didn't ever play football, lol, but it was obvious the runner wasn't going anywhere, there was no need for that hit from behind. AND, when he hit his knees from behind like that, it provided the impetus for the guys in front of him to fold him over, I'm surprised the kid wasn't hurt.

And yes, that play should have been called dead earlier.

I was nervous when it happened but not sure i call it "dirty". What was he supposed to do, list the reasons with Levi why he should stop?

That said not sure I like the culture that Doody has going on with the zoomies. Douchiness abounds, although given how the travelling cadets act it may not be a just doody thing.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

This is bullshit, you can't go high and low at the line of scrimmage.  Going for the knees is Air Force 101.  It's a non call, and he wasn't hurt, but the rule was broken, as it always is with the zoomies.  Shit happens every year.  I think the next time we play them we should start returning the favor.  Suck a fat one, or a long skinny one... Why do we have to preach to our players every year that Air Force goes for the knees???  Because they ALWAYS do!