Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

Fresno St needs to...

Fire their coach every 3 years. Their new hires are great with the previous coaches recruits. It's when they have to play with their own recruits is when they suck.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Go back to the WAC ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

3 hours ago, Warbow said:

Fire their coach every 3 years. Their new hires are great with the previous coaches recruits. It's when they have to play with their own recruits is when they suck.

You are not wrong. It's a solid plan.

3 hours ago, Warbow said:

Well...I mean....

giphy-31.gif.b46cdbbb63949e084dfd88e04a6e6511.gif

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

4 hours ago, Warbow said:

San Jose State owns them.  They need more than that. 

54 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Spartans have won five of the last eight contests-but they still talk-shut yo mouth already.

Is this accurate? I’m too lazy to check...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

1 hour ago, slappy said:

Did SJ ever beat pat hill?  Is so bet not often. 

His last game was a loss to sjsu. He also lost in 2006. But he mostly owned sjsu.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

5 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

His last game was a loss to sjsu. He also lost in 2006. But he mostly owned sjsu.

That is what I thought.  I know Fresno guys think they have done better since him but I don’t see it.  Pat hill at least won the valley 

2 minutes ago, slappy said:

That is what I thought.  I know Fresno guys think they have done better since him but I don’t see it.  Pat hill at least won the valley 

I remember pat hill teams playing up for big games and then losing to teams they had no business losing to. But dude was consistent in that his teams almost always went bowling.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I remember pat hill teams playing up for big games and then losing to teams they had no business losing to. But dude was consistent in that his teams almost always went bowling.

He was like the Ron McBride of Fresno football.

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

He was like the Ron McBride of Fresno football.

They have yet to find that Urban Meyer and Kyle Whittingham.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Dogs4Me said:

Is this accurate? I’m too lazy to check...

Come on man, you think I speak anything but the troof?

2011 - SJ

2013 - SJ

2014 - FS

2015 - SJ

2016 - SJ

2017 - FS

2018 - FS

2019 - SJ

Throw in your win in 2010 and this decade ends with SJSU a 5-4 advantage. 

1 hour ago, slappy said:

Pat Hill will always be revered as the coach who's only goal was to bust the BCS, take down the big boys, and make Fresno State a household name. The flaw in his philosophy though was that he built up so much hype for our OOC games that our season would be shot if we lost and all of our momentum would be gone before heading into conference play. Hill coached the Dogs for 14 years and only brought home 1 conference title and it was shared. Since he left we've brought home 2 outright and 1 shared title since 2012. It's interesting to think how he would fare now that the conference system has changed and that dropping a game or two isn't enough to completely derail a season, but again he had 14 years with more talented teams than what we've had this decade and still couldn't get it done. 

I've always wondered if Tedford could bring Hill in on his staff to be a scout and recruiter because he was always able to find players that were diamonds in the rough. He personally scouted Ryan Mathews after nobody else gave him a chance due to his grades, but he gave him a shot and the rest was history. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

It's an embarrassment. Doesn't matter who's the coach, Fresno State just cannot build a consistent program. Tedford just used his losing season pass only three years in. If he has another season like this one, he should be fired.

1MXnKMV.jpg