Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rosegreen

UNLV FB hires Marcus Arroyo as HC.

2 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Then he probably needs some HC experience before he becomes the U’s head coach. Learn how to be a head coach first.  Just sayin, not even sure I’m advocating him. 

KW was in Scalley’s current shoes before he was hired as UU HC.

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

Just now, aggzilla said:

FWIW, KW was in Scalley’s shoes before he was hired as the UU HC.

Yeah, my post actually went both ways. Scalley would benefit from some experience before he became Utah’s head coach, and while that MIGHT work for UNLV, do we really want (again) someone with no head coaching experience to coach at UNLV. 

And I don’t care where Sanford came from, it has nothing to do with whether Scalley would be a good coach or not. 

I think DRF will go with some experience. 

4 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Yeah, my post actually went both ways. Scalley would benefit from some experience before he became Utah’s head coach, and while that MIGHT work for UNLV, do we really want (again) someone with no head coaching experience to coach at UNLV. 

And I don’t care where Sanford came from, it has nothing to do with whether Scalley would be a good coach or not. 

I think DRF will go with some experience. 

I agree, it has nothing to do with his coaching abilities. I just can’t see the AD selling this hire to the fans and community. 

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

1 hour ago, TheJackel said:

I’d like Ruffin McNeill or Willie Taggert. McNeill killed it at ECU and was famously fired by an idiot lame duck AD. Landed back on his feet at Oklahoma as an assistant.  Taggert was great at USF as well.  I don’t think he was really ever going to get a fair shake at FSU- they suffer from the same delusions of grandeur that USC fans have

Ruffin McNeill would be a really solid hire for UNLV.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

I think Butch Jones or Clay Helton would be our best bet.

full house please GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

39 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

A lot of other MW recruits in Jim Mora’s 595 follows on twitter. 

Interesting. Long as Mora has a good OC I’m fine with it but sounds like he is prepared to run out of the gate if UNLV offers. I don’t think it necessarily means he’s the guy. 

1 minute ago, Meister_Rebel said:

USC is trash.  It's already out there that they will fire Helton if they can get U Meyer to coach.  

They’ve already contacted Franklins agent. They are ready to move on with Urban or someone else.

3 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Interesting. Long as Mora has a good OC I’m fine with it but sounds like he is prepared to run out of the gate if UNLV offers. I don’t think it necessarily means he’s the guy. 

Mora will be in for a reality check when sees what kind of money we offer head coaches..

9 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

Are you saying Helton has been fired?  I hadn't seen that.

Supposedly it’ll be announced tomorrow, it’s not like they debunked the rumors today saying Helton will be back in 2020. I think someone jumped the gun on the announcement. 

2 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Supposedly it’ll be announced tomorrow, it’s not like they debunked the rumors today saying Helton will be back in 2020. I think someone jumped the gun on the announcement. 

Like I said USC is trash.  They are handling this the way TKM did the number on us.

29 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

Mora will be in for a reality check when sees what kind of money we offer head coaches..

I’m not sure what the terms of the UCLA 12 million dollar buyout is or if it was paid in full. 

Either way, he seems set. I would guess he would want something similar to his first contract with UCLA, a 5 year 11 million, heavy on incentives. That would be in line with a competitive salary in the MWC.