Rosegreen

UNLV FB hires Marcus Arroyo as HC.

What’s up with the Raiders saying they need it for “other events?”  I thought the stadium was publicly owned?

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Not sure the Stadium Authority can do much 

It's my understanding that they get the final say. 

I’m not sure if this has been posted, but UNLV will be trying to get their own on-campus stadium in about 15 years from now.  This arrangement isn’t going to work long-term.

Just now, Rebels18 said:

I think the Raiders have the final say on all matters - The carrot was dangled to UNLV to help get the legislature on board as much as anything 

Just now, Rebels18 said:

The fact that the Raiders can act like they control things is bullshit because they used taxpayer money to build the stadium.

The public should never pay for these stadiums.  Corporate welfare giveaway.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

The fact that the Raiders can act like they control things is bullshit because they used taxpayer money to build the stadium.

The public should never pay for these stadiums.  Corporate welfare giveaway.

The raiders do control things. It’s still a very good deal for Las Vegas. Tourists are paying for it and the city will make billions. Unlv football is just the third wheel. Lol at all the Reb high fans calling it their stadium. 

2 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

The raiders do control things. It’s still a very good deal for Las Vegas. Tourists are paying for it and the city will make billions. Unlv football is just the third wheel. Lol at all the Reb high fans calling it their stadium. 

The stadium will be good for the overall area and events, but your are correct, UNLV is just allowed to use the stadium when the Raiders feel like it..........UNLV & Clark County best not demolish Sam Boyd Stadium as I looks like UNLV might be forced over there for some games.

I could totally see this morphing to where UNLV gets to use the stadium for marquee non-conference games and some or all MWC games get kicked over to SBS due to few fans caring or visiting with the opponent 

2 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Their hissy fit is them wanting the very first football game at Allegiant to be a Raiders game. UNLV should just fight it and let the Stadium authority make the decision. 

The Cal game will still be played at Allegiant on aug 29. 

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

What’s up with the Raiders saying they need it for “other events?”  I thought the stadium was publicly owned?

The raiders manage the stadium events. If they can make more money doing concerts, etc, they’ll do it. UNLV is guaranteed two non con games per year, if they want a third, they have to negotiate with the raiders. 

2 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

It’s a terrible deal. $800M in public money is outrageous, especially in a county with horribly underfunded and underperforming schools. @ph90702is right. Publicly funded stadiums are almost always a bad deal.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

The stadium will be good for the overall area and events, but your are correct, UNLV is just allowed to use the stadium when the Raiders feel like it..........UNLV & Clark County best not demolish Sam Boyd Stadium as I looks like UNLV might be forced over there for some games.

I could totally see this morphing to where UNLV gets to use the stadium for marquee non-conference games and some or all MWC games get kicked over to SBS due to few fans caring or visiting with the opponent 

If this is the case, That stadium might end up being the death knell for UNLV football

10 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

If this is the case, That stadium might end up being the death knell for UNLV football

Between the Raiders having full control over events......and lack of parking, I don't think this stadium deal is doing UNLV FB any huge favors - Time will tell, but it could be a mess for UNLV 

• Like 1

I know it's a worthless protest but I resent the raiders and they can eat my butt. Don't think I'll ever be a fan. They're mercenaries. Don't need to give them any more money. 

Go Knights. 

• Like 2

The possibility is there as long as Sam Boyd is an option. Get rid of Sam Boyd. 

32 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

It’s a terrible deal. $800M in public money is outrageous, especially in a county with horribly underfunded and underperforming schools. @ph90702is right. Publicly funded stadiums are almost always a bad deal.

The owners are millionaires.  In addition, there’s no “public” benefit to a stadium.  No evidence that it generates a positive economic impact.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

This is correct.

I think the Raiders have the final say on all matters - The carrot was dangled to UNLV to help get the legislature on board as much as anything 

You are wrong. All you'd have to do is read the actual joint use agreement to know. Instead you talk about things you have no clue about as usual.

Again you are 100% wrong. Per the agreement UNLV has a contracted right to schedule 2 non conference games and 4 conference home games each year starting in 2021. 2020 is the ONLY year the Raiders can pull this crap. All you had to do was read the agreement and you'd know this. 

31 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Between the Raiders having full control over events......and lack of parking, I don't think this stadium deal is doing UNLV FB any huge favors - Time will tell, but it could be a mess for UNLV 

Again you have no clue of what you are talking about. UNLV makes 3 million per year the next 10 years from the stadium authority to not have events at Sam Boyd. Added to that UNLV is already projecting more revenue from just ticket sales at Allegiant not including suite sales. UNLV will make far more money from having games at Allegiant than Sam Boyd and that includes increased operating costs. 

Stop being so uninformed. You post incorrect information and people here may believe your nonsense. Stick to copy and pasting info from UNLV SID's. At least they know what they are talking about.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Again you are 100% wrong. Per the agreement UNLV has a contracted right to schedule 2 non conference games and 4 conference home games each year starting in 2021. 

What happens if Unlv ever wins the west and a right to host the ccg?  

I know it’s a stupid question that nobody probably ever thought they would have to worry about though. 

Just now, boisewitha-s said:

What happens if Unlv ever wins the west and a right to host the ccg?  

I know it’s a stupid question that nobody probably ever thought they would have to worry about though. 

I'd have to review the agreement. I'd assume that it would depend on what scheduled events were already planned for around that date. 

11 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

This is correct.

You are wrong. All you'd have to do is read the actual joint use agreement to know. Instead you talk about things you have no clue about as usual.

Again you are 100% wrong. Per the agreement UNLV has a contracted right to schedule 2 non conference games and 4 conference home games each year starting in 2021. 2020 is the ONLY year the Raiders can pull this crap. All you had to do was read the agreement and you'd know this. 

Again you have no clue of what you are talking about. UNLV makes 3 million per year the next 10 years from the stadium authority to not have events at Sam Boyd. Added to that UNLV is already projecting more revenue from just ticket sales at Allegiant not including suite sales. UNLV will make far more money from having games at Allegiant than Sam Boyd and that includes increased operating costs. 

Stop being so uninformed. You post incorrect information and people here may believe your nonsense. Stick to copy and pasting info from UNLV SID's. At least they know what they are talking about.  

Well the resident genius stopped by to set us all straight and that UNLV really does run the show !!! I guess the scheduling snit will be over once you attend or chair the next Stadium Authority meets and fix it all !! 

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Well the resident genius stopped by to set us all straight and that UNLV really does run the show !!! I guess the scheduling snit will be over once you attend or chair the next Stadium Authority meets and fix it all !! 

It doesn't take a genius to read the joint use agreement and know what you are talking about. Something you couldn't do.