Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rosegreen

UNLV FB hires Marcus Arroyo as HC.

1 minute ago, Rosegreen said:

This hire reminds me of the Sanford hire, except I think Arroyo is more high energy and more arrogant. 

Obviously Sanford would have been more successful with better facilities in place, just an SDSU win or two away from bowling. He recruited as well as one could at UNLV. He was 100 percent right about the state of the program, just his delivery was a disaster. 

Yeah, I always thought Sanford got a raw deal from the media when he stated the reasons UNLV couldn't win.  He was 100% correct, but he was such a douche that people thought he was just making excuses.  The new facilities will help tremendously.  If Arroyo can put together a good staff they have a shot.  Will be an interesting couple of years.  Shouldn't take long to right the ship if this is the right guy.  

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Whether it was UNLV's administration or not, no other school in our conference ever has the kind of rumors of grandeur floating around when it changes coaches that your school does. As should be apparent, I root for you guys to be able to up your product a couple notches. However, with due respect, that chit isn't a good look for you.

Yeah I really don't think most people outside this circle of friends pays attention.

That said, this instance really smacked of an agent trying to get his client a raise by starting rumors. There were no rumors last basketball search. The one before that was a well documented TKM clusterphuk, but I would bet only the people here could remember it, and TKM is gone.

3 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

This hire reminds me of the Sanford hire, except I think Arroyo is more high energy and more arrogant. 

Obviously Sanford would have been more successful with better facilities in place, just an SDSU win or two away from bowling. He recruited as well as one could at UNLV. He was 100 percent right about the state of the program, just his delivery was a disaster. 

Spot on.

4 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Offense should be there for him in year 1.  Hopefully he can bring in a good defensive crew

Hopefully. I'd really like to see him keep Tim Skipper, but if he can get the same caliber, I'm good. I think Tim Skipper is a stud DC in the making though. He turned UNLV's D from a liability to a strength in one season.

8 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Hopefully. I'd really like to see him keep Tim Skipper, but if he can get the same caliber, I'm good. I think Tim Skipper is a stud DC in the making though. He turned UNLV's D from a liability to a strength in one season.

Sounds like he’s bringing Heyward over as DC. 

They’ve done recruiting trips together, and wonder if they’ll poach any recruits from Oregon. 

3 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

They’ve done recruiting trips together, and wonder if they’ll poach any recruits from Oregon. 

Hope he brings this guy just for the stache...

https://goducks.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/aaron-feld/3031

7 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

I'm sure UO is nervous.