Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rosegreen

UNLV FB hires Marcus Arroyo as HC.

2 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Their hissy fit is them wanting the very first football game at Allegiant to be a Raiders game. UNLV should just fight it and let the Stadium authority make the decision. 

The Cal game will still be played at Allegiant on aug 29. 

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

What’s up with the Raiders saying they need it for “other events?”  I thought the stadium was publicly owned?

The raiders manage the stadium events. If they can make more money doing concerts, etc, they’ll do it. UNLV is guaranteed two non con games per year, if they want a third, they have to negotiate with the raiders. 

2 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

The raiders do control things. It’s still a very good deal for Las Vegas. Tourists are paying for it and the city will make billions. Unlv football is just the third wheel. Lol at all the Reb high fans calling it their stadium. 

It’s a terrible deal. $800M in public money is outrageous, especially in a county with horribly underfunded and underperforming schools. @ph90702is right. Publicly funded stadiums are almost always a bad deal.

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

The stadium will be good for the overall area and events, but your are correct, UNLV is just allowed to use the stadium when the Raiders feel like it..........UNLV & Clark County best not demolish Sam Boyd Stadium as I looks like UNLV might be forced over there for some games.

I could totally see this morphing to where UNLV gets to use the stadium for marquee non-conference games and some or all MWC games get kicked over to SBS due to few fans caring or visiting with the opponent 

If this is the case, That stadium might end up being the death knell for UNLV football

10 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

If this is the case, That stadium might end up being the death knell for UNLV football

Between the Raiders having full control over events......and lack of parking, I don't think this stadium deal is doing UNLV FB any huge favors - Time will tell, but it could be a mess for UNLV 

I know it's a worthless protest but I resent the raiders and they can eat my butt. Don't think I'll ever be a fan. They're mercenaries. Don't need to give them any more money. 

Go Knights. 

The stadium will be good for the overall area and events, but your are correct, UNLV is just allowed to use the stadium when the Raiders feel like it..........UNLV & Clark County best not demolish Sam Boyd Stadium as I looks like UNLV might be forced over there for some games.

I could totally see this morphing to where UNLV gets to use the stadium for marquee non-conference games and some or all MWC games get kicked over to SBS due to few fans caring or visiting with the opponent 

The possibility is there as long as Sam Boyd is an option. Get rid of Sam Boyd. 

32 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

It’s a terrible deal. $800M in public money is outrageous, especially in a county with horribly underfunded and underperforming schools. @ph90702is right. Publicly funded stadiums are almost always a bad deal.

The owners are millionaires.  In addition, there’s no “public” benefit to a stadium.  No evidence that it generates a positive economic impact.

3 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

It's my understanding that they get the final say. 

This is correct.

I think the Raiders have the final say on all matters - The carrot was dangled to UNLV to help get the legislature on board as much as anything 

You are wrong. All you'd have to do is read the actual joint use agreement to know. Instead you talk about things you have no clue about as usual.

Again you are 100% wrong. Per the agreement UNLV has a contracted right to schedule 2 non conference games and 4 conference home games each year starting in 2021. 2020 is the ONLY year the Raiders can pull this crap. All you had to do was read the agreement and you'd know this. 

31 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Between the Raiders having full control over events......and lack of parking, I don't think this stadium deal is doing UNLV FB any huge favors - Time will tell, but it could be a mess for UNLV 

Again you have no clue of what you are talking about. UNLV makes 3 million per year the next 10 years from the stadium authority to not have events at Sam Boyd. Added to that UNLV is already projecting more revenue from just ticket sales at Allegiant not including suite sales. UNLV will make far more money from having games at Allegiant than Sam Boyd and that includes increased operating costs. 

Stop being so uninformed. You post incorrect information and people here may believe your nonsense. Stick to copy and pasting info from UNLV SID's. At least they know what they are talking about.  

3 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Again you are 100% wrong. Per the agreement UNLV has a contracted right to schedule 2 non conference games and 4 conference home games each year starting in 2021. 

What happens if Unlv ever wins the west and a right to host the ccg?  

I know it’s a stupid question that nobody probably ever thought they would have to worry about though. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

Just now, boisewitha-s said:

What happens if Unlv ever wins the west and a right to host the ccg?  

I know it’s a stupid question that nobody probably ever thought they would have to worry about though. 

I'd have to review the agreement. I'd assume that it would depend on what scheduled events were already planned for around that date. 

11 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

This is correct.

You are wrong. All you'd have to do is read the actual joint use agreement to know. Instead you talk about things you have no clue about as usual.

Again you are 100% wrong. Per the agreement UNLV has a contracted right to schedule 2 non conference games and 4 conference home games each year starting in 2021. 2020 is the ONLY year the Raiders can pull this crap. All you had to do was read the agreement and you'd know this. 

Again you have no clue of what you are talking about. UNLV makes 3 million per year the next 10 years from the stadium authority to not have events at Sam Boyd. Added to that UNLV is already projecting more revenue from just ticket sales at Allegiant not including suite sales. UNLV will make far more money from having games at Allegiant than Sam Boyd and that includes increased operating costs. 

Stop being so uninformed. You post incorrect information and people here may believe your nonsense. Stick to copy and pasting info from UNLV SID's. At least they know what they are talking about.  

Well the resident genius stopped by to set us all straight and that UNLV really does run the show !!! I guess the scheduling snit will be over once you attend or chair the next Stadium Authority meets and fix it all !! 

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Well the resident genius stopped by to set us all straight and that UNLV really does run the show !!! I guess the scheduling snit will be over once you attend or chair the next Stadium Authority meets and fix it all !! 

It doesn't take a genius to read the joint use agreement and know what you are talking about. Something you couldn't do. 

8 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

I'd have to review the agreement. I'd assume that it would depend on what scheduled events were already planned for around that date. 

Yeah I can’t imagine that every year the date of the mw ccg would be left open just in case Unlv hosted the ccg. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

24 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

It doesn't take a genius to read the joint use agreement and know what you are talking about. Something you couldn't do. 

Since you seem to have access to it and have read it, post it - Unless you once again can't be bothered with my stupidity to post the agreement :foottap:

Since your probably won't use your vast skills to link it, I did it for us !!  http://lvstadiumauthority.com/docs/

http://lvstadiumauthority.com/PDF/UNLV Joint Use Agreement (EXECUTED).pdf

This UNL V JOINT USE AGREEMENT (this "Agreement") is entered into and effective as of , 2018 by and between LV STADIUM EVENTS COMPANY, LLC, a Nevada limited liability company ("Licensor"), and the BOARD OF REGENTS OF THE NEVADA SYSTEM OF HIGHER EDUCATION, FOR AND ON BEHALF OF THE UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA, LAS VEGAS, a constitutional entity of the State of Nevada ("Licensee"). Licensor and Licensee are sometimes collectively referred to herein as the "Parties" and individually as a "Party''.

A. Licensor or its affiliate will be constructing, and Licensor will be the operator of a sports and entertainment stadium situated on the Land (the "Stadium"). Licensor is an affiliate of the professional football franchise that is a member of the National Football League ("NFL"), which intends to play its home games at the Stadium. B. The Stadium will be owned by the Clark County Stadium Authority (the "Authority") and will be operated by Licensor pursuant to a Stadium Lease Agreement (the "Master Lease") between the Authority and Licensor. C. Licensee is a public university located in Clark County, Nevada, and through the University of Nevada, Las Vegas ("UNLV"), has a Division I football team known as the UNL V Rebels (the "UNLV Team") which competes in the Mountain West Conference (the "MWC").

Licensor and Licensee desire to enter into this Agreement to set forth the detailed terms and conditions pursuant to which (i) Licensee will (A) cause the UNLV Team to play UNLV Home Games at the Stadium and (B) conduct Other UNLV Events at the Stadium and (ii) Licensor will furnish the Stadium and its appurtenances for such games and other events in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth herein.

Section 2.2 License of the UNLV Event Facilities. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Licensor hereby grants to Licensee a license to access and use the Premises (including the UNLV Event Facilities) and the Off-Premises Parking Locations for UNLV Team Home Games and Other UNLV Events during the Term. For the avoidance of doubt, the Parties acknowledge that Licensee shall not be obligated to conduct UNLV Events in the Stadium. To the extent Licensee elects not to conduct UNLV Events in the Stadium as permitted by this Agreement, Licensee agrees that it is declining all statutory rights with respect to such events. Licensee further agrees that should it elect to resume conducting UNLV Events in the Stadium, it shall do so pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.

ARTICLE 5 SCHEDULING Section 5 .1 Priority. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, all (i) Raiders Team home games, (ii) NFL Events and (iii) Major Events that were scheduled to be hosted at the Stadium before Licensee finalizes its schedule of UNLV Homes Games at the Stadium for the applicable UNLV Season (the events covered by clauses (i), (ii) and (iii) being collectively referred to as the "Priority Events") shall have priority over the use of the Stadium by Licensee. Accordingly, subject to Section 5.2, any date for a UNLV Team Home Game or any Other UNLV Event shall not conflict with any of the Priority Events, and in any event, any such date shall be mutually agreed upon by Licensor and Licensee, and in the case of UNLV Team Home Games, approved by the Authority.

Section 5.2 Certain Nonconference UNLV Team Home Games with Priority Over Certain Major Events. (a) Commencing on the date of this Agreement and subject to the limitations set forth in this Section 5.2, Licensee shall have the right to schedule two (2) nonconference UNLV Team Home Games (each, a "Priority UNLV Team Home Game") to be played at the Stadium each UNLV Season following the first UNLV Season during which the UNLV Team plays UNLV Team Home Games at the Stadium. The Priority UNLV Team Home Games shall be scheduled on any Saturday on which a Priority Event has not then been scheduled, and such nonconference UNLV Team Home Games will have priority over Major Events that have not then been scheduled (but not over any other Priority Events). For the first Priority UNLV Team Home Game, Licensee shall notify Licensor of the requested date for such Priority UNLV Team Home Game not less than one (1) UNLV Season and not more than ( 4) UNLV Seasons in advance thereof. For the second Priority UNLV Team Home Game, Licensee shall notify Licensor of the requested date of such Priority UNLV Team Home Game not less than one (1) UNLV Season and not more than seven (7) UNLV Seasons in advance thereof. Licensee shall notify Licensor of the requested date of each Priority UNLV Team Home Game no earlier than September 1st of each calendar year, and the current UNLV Season shall not be counted as one of the UNLV Seasons in advance. Once notification of a requested date for a Priority UNLV Team Home Game has been provided to Licensor, such request shall be deemed approved for the applicable UNLV Season schedule unless Licensor provides a response with thirty (30) days of Licensor's receipt of such request identifying a Major Event scheduled on Licensee's requested date prior to the date of Licensor's receipt of the request. Once such Priority UNLV Team Home Game has been approved or deemed approved by Licensor, the date of such Priority UNLV Team Home Game shall not be changed without the prior approval of Licensor. Following the first UNLV Season during which the UNLV Team plays UNLV Team Home Games at the Stadium, Licensee shall have the opportunity to schedule one ( 1) Priority UNLV Team Home Game every other UNLV Season on Labor Day weekend

Section 5.3 Scheduling Process for UNLV Team Home Games. Licensor and Licensee shall meet at reasonable intervals during the Term to manage and finalize the scheduling of the UNLV Team Homes Games. In furtherance of the foregoing, promptly following the determination of the dates on which Licensor will host Priority Events during a UNLV Season, and subject to Section 5.2 with respect to Priority UNLV Team Home Games, Licensor shall provide Licensee with a tentative schedule of available dates and times for Licensee to host UNLV Team Home Games. Following Licensee's receipt of such tentative schedule, Licensor and Licensee shall meet to finalize the UNLV Team Home Game schedule for the upcoming UNLV Season. Subject to Section 5.2, once Licensor and Licensee have agreed upon the final UNLV Team Home Game schedule for an upcoming UNLV Season, Licensee shall have no priority for use of the Stadium for UNLV Team Home Games or otherwise on other dates.

Section 5.4 Schedule Changes. After Licensee and Licensor have finalized Licensee's schedule of UNLV Team Home Games for the applicable UNLV Season and the dates of those games have been approved by the Authority, the date of a UNLV Team Home Game may be changed by Licensor to accommodate a Raiders Team home game or another NFL Event without the approval of Licensee, but the date of a UNLV Team Home Game may not be changed by Licensor to accommodate an event that is not a Raiders Team home game or another NFL Event without the approval of Licensee. If Licensor is required to reschedule a UNLV Team Home Game to accommodate a Raiders Team home game or another NFL Event, Licensor shall provide Licensee notice as soon as reasonably practical and determine in consultation with Licensee a mutually agreeable alternative date for such affected UNLV Team Home Game taking into account the schedule of Priority Events. If a change to the schedule of UNLV Team Home Games at the Stadium is proposed for the purpose of allowing a UNLV Team Home Game to be televised, Licensor shall use reasonable commercial efforts to assess the feasibility of the change and allow the change to be made if it is commercially reasonable, except that such change shall not interfere with or impair the ability to play a Raiders Team home game at the Stadium

30 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

This is correct.

Not to mention without Allegiant Stadium, UNLV would've never inked that $65 million multimedia deal w/ Learfield-IMG...and without that cash UNLV would not be able to payout top dollar MWC salaries for Otzelberger/Arroyo and their staffs. Regardless what you think about the respective hires, UNLV went from only being able to afford $500k/yr for a basketball/football HC to $1.5 million/yr. That's a x3 coaching staff budget upgrade. 

It's no coincidence the majority of negative feedback from the stadium on this board comes from UNR fans. Pure jealousy that UNLV is all of a sudden majorly bank-rolled with new facilities and new HC salaries and their brokedick school is still playing in that dump Macky Field and can't afford to pay a competitive HC salary. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

Hard to know at this point. But you’re right, there are some troubling signs

8 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Since you seem to have access to it and have read it, post it - Unless you once again can't be bothered with my stupidity to post the agreement :foottap:

Since your probably won't use your vast skills to link it, I did it for us !!  http://lvstadiumauthority.com/docs/

http://lvstadiumauthority.com/PDF/UNLV Joint Use Agreement (EXECUTED).pdf

This UNL V JOINT USE AGREEMENT (this "Agreement") is entered into and effective as of , 2018 by and between LV STADIUM EVENTS COMPANY, LLC, a Nevada limited liability company ("Licensor"), and the BOARD OF REGENTS OF THE NEVADA SYSTEM OF HIGHER EDUCATION, FOR AND ON BEHALF OF THE UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA, LAS VEGAS, a constitutional entity of the State of Nevada ("Licensee"). Licensor and Licensee are sometimes collectively referred to herein as the "Parties" and individually as a "Party''.

A. Licensor or its affiliate will be constructing, and Licensor will be the operator of a sports and entertainment stadium situated on the Land (the "Stadium"). Licensor is an affiliate of the professional football franchise that is a member of the National Football League ("NFL"), which intends to play its home games at the Stadium. B. The Stadium will be owned by the Clark County Stadium Authority (the "Authority") and will be operated by Licensor pursuant to a Stadium Lease Agreement (the "Master Lease") between the Authority and Licensor. C. Licensee is a public university located in Clark County, Nevada, and through the University of Nevada, Las Vegas ("UNLV"), has a Division I football team known as the UNL V Rebels (the "UNLV Team") which competes in the Mountain West Conference (the "MWC").

Licensor and Licensee desire to enter into this Agreement to set forth the detailed terms and conditions pursuant to which (i) Licensee will (A) cause the UNLV Team to play UNLV Home Games at the Stadium and (B) conduct Other UNLV Events at the Stadium and (ii) Licensor will furnish the Stadium and its appurtenances for such games and other events in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth herein.

Section 2.2 License of the UNLV Event Facilities. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Licensor hereby grants to Licensee a license to access and use the Premises (including the UNLV Event Facilities) and the Off-Premises Parking Locations for UNLV Team Home Games and Other UNLV Events during the Term. For the avoidance of doubt, the Parties acknowledge that Licensee shall not be obligated to conduct UNLV Events in the Stadium. To the extent Licensee elects not to conduct UNLV Events in the Stadium as permitted by this Agreement, Licensee agrees that it is declining all statutory rights with respect to such events. Licensee further agrees that should it elect to resume conducting UNLV Events in the Stadium, it shall do so pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.

ARTICLE 5 SCHEDULING Section 5 .1 Priority. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, all (i) Raiders Team home games, (ii) NFL Events and (iii) Major Events that were scheduled to be hosted at the Stadium before Licensee finalizes its schedule of UNLV Homes Games at the Stadium for the applicable UNLV Season (the events covered by clauses (i), (ii) and (iii) being collectively referred to as the "Priority Events") shall have priority over the use of the Stadium by Licensee. Accordingly, subject to Section 5.2, any date for a UNLV Team Home Game or any Other UNLV Event shall not conflict with any of the Priority Events, and in any event, any such date shall be mutually agreed upon by Licensor and Licensee, and in the case of UNLV Team Home Games, approved by the Authority.

Section 5.2 Certain Nonconference UNLV Team Home Games with Priority Over Certain Major Events. (a) Commencing on the date of this Agreement and subject to the limitations set forth in this Section 5.2, Licensee shall have the right to schedule two (2) nonconference UNLV Team Home Games (each, a "Priority UNLV Team Home Game") to be played at the Stadium each UNLV Season following the first UNLV Season during which the UNLV Team plays UNLV Team Home Games at the Stadium. The Priority UNLV Team Home Games shall be scheduled on any Saturday on which a Priority Event has not then been scheduled, and such nonconference UNLV Team Home Games will have priority over Major Events that have not then been scheduled (but not over any other Priority Events). For the first Priority UNLV Team Home Game, Licensee shall notify Licensor of the requested date for such Priority UNLV Team Home Game not less than one (1) UNLV Season and not more than ( 4) UNLV Seasons in advance thereof. For the second Priority UNLV Team Home Game, Licensee shall notify Licensor of the requested date of such Priority UNLV Team Home Game not less than one (1) UNLV Season and not more than seven (7) UNLV Seasons in advance thereof. Licensee shall notify Licensor of the requested date of each Priority UNLV Team Home Game no earlier than September 1st of each calendar year, and the current UNLV Season shall not be counted as one of the UNLV Seasons in advance. Once notification of a requested date for a Priority UNLV Team Home Game has been provided to Licensor, such request shall be deemed approved for the applicable UNLV Season schedule unless Licensor provides a response with thirty (30) days of Licensor's receipt of such request identifying a Major Event scheduled on Licensee's requested date prior to the date of Licensor's receipt of the request. Once such Priority UNLV Team Home Game has been approved or deemed approved by Licensor, the date of such Priority UNLV Team Home Game shall not be changed without the prior approval of Licensor. Following the first UNLV Season during which the UNLV Team plays UNLV Team Home Games at the Stadium, Licensee shall have the opportunity to schedule one ( 1) Priority UNLV Team Home Game every other UNLV Season on Labor Day weekend

Section 5.3 Scheduling Process for UNLV Team Home Games. Licensor and Licensee shall meet at reasonable intervals during the Term to manage and finalize the scheduling of the UNLV Team Homes Games. In furtherance of the foregoing, promptly following the determination of the dates on which Licensor will host Priority Events during a UNLV Season, and subject to Section 5.2 with respect to Priority UNLV Team Home Games, Licensor shall provide Licensee with a tentative schedule of available dates and times for Licensee to host UNLV Team Home Games. Following Licensee's receipt of such tentative schedule, Licensor and Licensee shall meet to finalize the UNLV Team Home Game schedule for the upcoming UNLV Season. Subject to Section 5.2, once Licensor and Licensee have agreed upon the final UNLV Team Home Game schedule for an upcoming UNLV Season, Licensee shall have no priority for use of the Stadium for UNLV Team Home Games or otherwise on other dates.

Section 5.4 Schedule Changes. After Licensee and Licensor have finalized Licensee's schedule of UNLV Team Home Games for the applicable UNLV Season and the dates of those games have been approved by the Authority, the date of a UNLV Team Home Game may be changed by Licensor to accommodate a Raiders Team home game or another NFL Event without the approval of Licensee, but the date of a UNLV Team Home Game may not be changed by Licensor to accommodate an event that is not a Raiders Team home game or another NFL Event without the approval of Licensee. If Licensor is required to reschedule a UNLV Team Home Game to accommodate a Raiders Team home game or another NFL Event, Licensor shall provide Licensee notice as soon as reasonably practical and determine in consultation with Licensee a mutually agreeable alternative date for such affected UNLV Team Home Game taking into account the schedule of Priority Events. If a change to the schedule of UNLV Team Home Games at the Stadium is proposed for the purpose of allowing a UNLV Team Home Game to be televised, Licensor shall use reasonable commercial efforts to assess the feasibility of the change and allow the change to be made if it is commercially reasonable, except that such change shall not interfere with or impair the ability to play a Raiders Team home game at the Stadium

Congratulations, you can find a publically available document. Next time read it before you post something stupid.