Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rosegreen

UNLV FB hires Marcus Arroyo as HC.

DON’T HIRE CHARLIE STRONG! Go find some hot shot assistant from a P5 or an up and coming young head coach from a G5. If UNLV had true #furtitty money, they should hire Eric Bieniemy. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Nobody is going to hire Charlie Strong now. He's apparently still owed $4M for the final two years of his contract and has taken an 11-win team to 10, 7 and 4 wins.

However, Sanchez has recruited relatively well and the Rebels are about to get a new home so UNLV should have no problem finding somebody good.

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

I hear Norm Chow isn't too busy these days...

Those UNLV unis would look awesome with “IMUA” across the back. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

if Norvell leaves I want Clay Helton to return.

Memphis WR/RB coach 2000-2006 (coached DeAngelo Williams)...Memphis OC 2007-2009 (lead Memphis to 2 Bowls in 3 years)

if he can take USC to 8-11 W's most seasons, he'll do well at Memphis.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 minute ago, UofMTigers said:

if Norvell leaves I want Clay Helton to return.

Memphis WR/RB coach 2000-2006 (coached DeAngelo Williams)...Memphis OC 2007-2009 (lead Memphis to 2 Bowls in 3 years)

if he can take USC to 8-11 W's most seasons, he'll do well at Memphis.

If he can’t maximize USC’s talent, then why would he magically be able to at Memphis?

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

If he can’t maximize USC’s talent, then why would he magically be able to at Memphis?

I don't see what he's done at USC to earn being fired in the first place. 11 win season, 10 win season, 8-4 this season win W's over teams like Utah, Arizona State, Cal, Colorado, Stanford, etc

I'd take him in a second.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Morgan Scalley should be the top choice.  We need a defense if we ever want to go anywhere.  That Utah defense is SICK.

That’s a good name, but I think he may be the heir apparent once KW rides off into the sunset so he may not be going anywhere. Also, UNLV has already tried hiring a UU coordinator as HC and that one didn’t turn out very well. 

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Lesser expectations, lesser delusions of grandeur at Memphis (not knocking Memphis whatsoever, but rather commenting on the state of USC fan).  

17 minutes ago, aggzilla said:

That’s a good name, but I think he may be the heir apparent once KW rides off into the sunset so he may not be going anywhere. Also, UNLV has already tried hiring a UU coordinator as HC and that one didn’t turn out very well. 

Why wait five years for something that might not happen?  If he called UNLV and said he’s interested, I think they would hire him in a heartbeat.

Also, who cares that we didn’t have success with Mike Sanford? He was a very flawed person.  Utah is a very program with a very strong culture.

1 hour ago, aggzilla said:

Then he probably needs some HC experience before he becomes the U’s head coach. Learn how to be a head coach first.  Just sayin, not even sure I’m advocating him. 

I’d like Ruffin McNeill or Willie Taggert. McNeill killed it at ECU and was famously fired by an idiot lame duck AD. Landed back on his feet at Oklahoma as an assistant.  Taggert was great at USF as well.  I don’t think he was really ever going to get a fair shake at FSU- they suffer from the same delusions of grandeur that USC fans have

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Why wait five years for something that might not happen?  If he called UNLV and said he’s interested, I think they would hire him in a heartbeat.

Also, who cares that we didn’t have success with Mike Sanford? He was a very flawed person.  Utah is a very program with a very strong culture.

I think a lot of people do care, tbh, which is why it won’t be him. Memories of Sanford are too recent and it has nothing to do with his abilities.

if I’m UNLV, I’m taking a good look at the HC just 30 min up the road from the UU. He isn’t a ‘sexy’ name, and I know UNLV has recently done the hire from the FCS level, but he completely turned Weber around and has brought them unprecedented success in fball. Young, energetic, and his kids always play tough.

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg